xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Christian Hardcore  (Read 461 times)

CJLee89

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 01:00:00 PM »

like i said it has to do with whats in the lyrics and the message, not how you react to the music. the fans at a Blessthefall concert hardcore dance too. same with Underoath, or Before Their Eyes.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »

please describe to me this "hardcore dance" and tell me how it is christian

gcskate27

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(CJLee89 @ Nov 6 2007, 08:27 AM) View Post

It isn't fake at all, not even close. Hardcore is a subgenre of punk; punk does not dismiss Christianity and hardcore punk as incompatible. Christian Hardcore (Christcore) just promotes Christian beliefs and ways. Any type of music can be Christian. Rock, Metal, Country, Hip-hop etc. including punk and hardcore.

since when does christianity promote the individual? that sounds more like the opposite of your religion and exactly what punk promotes...

im not saying its bad to be christian, just the bands you listen to and seek are not true to the style of music they pretend to be a part of: basically they are the equivalent of any american idol or the backstreet boys...

CJLee89

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Nov 6 2007, 10:02 PM) View Post

since when does christianity promote the individual? that sounds more like the opposite of your religion and exactly what punk promotes...

im not saying its bad to be christian, just the bands you listen to and seek are not true to the style of music they pretend to be a part of: basically they are the equivalent of any american idol or the backstreet boys...

Obviously not when all the band members openly say they are Christian and they sing and write music to promote Christian beliefs and to spread the worrd about God.

I am just wanting some music but this turned into a religious argument.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 07:59:00 PM »

yeah, sorry about that... its just that music is supposed to be about expression... i cant take any band seriously if they only sing about one thing/subject/whatever and thats exactly what christian music does... almost by definition contrived...

TheSchonk

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »

What about Living Sacrifice?

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »

My very limited knowledge of any christian band goes way back to the '80s hair-band, Stryper.

They sucked back then but sold alot of albums even in the mainstream.  A quick google search shows that they have recently regrouped and released a new (harder?) album.  Maybe worth checking out, but I cant bring myself to do it after watching this old video. Click the calling on you link.

grim_d

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »

any more "christian hardcore is gay" or ANYTHING like that and i will be handing out mutes, suspensions and bans if necessary.

either help the OP out or don't post, full stop.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheSchonk @ Nov 7 2007, 12:51 AM) View Post

What about Living Sacrifice?

thanks man. i already have their CD 'In Memoriam'. Great Cd.

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Nov 7 2007, 01:14 AM) View Post

My very limited knowledge of any christian band goes way back to the '80s hair-band, Stryper.

They sucked back then but sold alot of albums even in the mainstream.  A quick google search shows that they have recently regrouped and released a new (harder?) album.  Maybe worth checking out, but I cant bring myself to do it after watching this old video. Click the calling on you link.

I have heard of them but have yet to check them out. thanks for the suggestion!

Demon Hunter and War of Ages has new Cds out. I will be picking those up soon.

anyone else?

michaeljohnson

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »

What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? (Matthew 16:26)

I grew up in my church being told that I couldn't even listen to R&B, perhaps because of the massaganistic lyrics but is there a difference if I were jammin' to it with my wife?

People argue about things like this all the time, even the same church people.

Either way, If anyone is reading this, the only thing that means anything is the salvation of your soul, don't allow someone around you to die or something awful to happen in your life, to realize that God and only God through Jesus Christ, can save your soul.
Pages: 1 [2]