xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Christian Hardcore  (Read 462 times)

CJLee89

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« on: October 23, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »

i am searching for some new music and i am seeing if you guys had any good christian hardcore bands you would reccommend?

thanks

killerbootsman

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »

Is Christian hardcore like Cannibal Corpse with Jesus lyrics? Or is it more like Creed?

CJLee89

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »

bands similar to: The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red, Blessthefall, Underoath, Demon Hunter, Before Their Eyes, As I Lay Dying, Destroy The Runner, Haste The Day, Inhale Exhale, Second Theif, Life In Your Way, etc. these are just off the top of my head,

This post has been edited by CJLee89: Oct 24 2007, 12:53 AM

oozingrectum

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 11:06:00 PM »

Born Blind.. local Christian hardcore. And I mean REAL hardcore hardcore.. not the crapped passed as it nowadays.

I actually knew one of their guitarists: He was a substitute teacher for me my Freshman high school yeah.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 02:09:00 PM »

thanks, but no thanks.

anyone else?

gcskate27

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »

is there any reason it has to be christian? surely something secular or simply 'non-satanic' would be just as good?

CJLee89

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 01:41:00 PM »

Anyone else have any good bands?

This post has been edited by grim_d: Today, 01:12 AM

lostboyz

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »

Sorry for my earlier post, realized I wasnt being helpful at all

But seriously hardcore christian music? I dont consider myself an elitesst but hardcore music is about anger and pain, what can the lyrics and mood possibly be that would allow it to be "christian" and not pointless at the same time. I am not trying to make fun of anyone or pose it that way, I really just wanted to have a conversation about music in general I suppose.

Please ignore me, if you feel i am just trying to be a pest.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Nov 5 2007, 11:53 AM) View Post

Sorry for my earlier post, realized I wasnt being helpful at all

But seriously hardcore christian music? I dont consider myself an elitesst but hardcore music is about anger and pain, what can the lyrics and mood possibly be that would allow it to be "christian" and not pointless at the same time. I am not trying to make fun of anyone or pose it that way, I really just wanted to have a conversation about music in general I suppose.

Please ignore me, if you feel i am just trying to be a pest.

That is a perfect example of a stereotype. Hardcore is a type of music and how it sounds, not what the lyrics have contain. Its a way of expressing the way you feel, believe, etc. wether it be Christian or not.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »

tone has very much to do what you are talking about regardless of what the lyrics actually say. Deep screams, heavy riffs, and pounding bass drum dosent exactly give off praise for the lord.

Dont take it the wrong way but its just an attempt at assimilating the old "satanic" means, the only thing next is to put positive messages in when you play it backwards (see MSI-backmask)

CJLee89

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 06:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Nov 5 2007, 08:29 PM) View Post

tone has very much to do what you are talking about regardless of what the lyrics actually say. Deep screams, heavy riffs, and pounding bass drum dosent exactly give off praise for the lord.

Dont take it the wrong way but its just an attempt at assimilating the old "satanic" means, the only thing next is to put positive messages in when you play it backwards (see MSI-backmask)

Yes the tone has alot to do with it too.....I have seen Preachers scream, yell, shout, etc. even Jump up on the pews and walk acrossed them. The hardcore sound isnt much different. The hardcore artists sream, yell, shout, etc.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »

Sorry I have seen some extremely energetic preachers in my day, and I have seen a lot of hardcore bands. Sure you can say they both scream, but to say they are similar is a stretch to say the least.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »

actually, with hardcore you have touched on one type of music that very much has to do with the message... any punk or punk derivatives definitely must have the proper message to be correctly labeled as such...

go ask any random hardcore kid if christian hardcore is "real hardcore" because it most certainly is not...

CJLee89

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 06:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Nov 5 2007, 10:46 PM) View Post

actually, with hardcore you have touched on one type of music that very much has to do with the message... any punk or punk derivatives definitely must have the proper message to be correctly labeled as such...

go ask any random hardcore kid if christian hardcore is "real hardcore" because it most certainly is not...

It isn't fake at all, not even close. Hardcore is a subgenre of punk; punk does not dismiss Christianity and hardcore punk as incompatible. Christian Hardcore (Christcore) just promotes Christian beliefs and ways. Any type of music can be Christian. Rock, Metal, Country, Hip-hop etc. including punk and hardcore.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Christian Hardcore
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 07:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(CJLee89 @ Nov 6 2007, 08:27 AM) View Post

It isn't fake at all, not even close. Hardcore is a subgenre of punk; punk does not dismiss Christianity and hardcore punk as incompatible. Christian Hardcore (Christcore) just promotes Christian beliefs and ways. Any type of music can be Christian. Rock, Metal, Country, Hip-hop etc. including punk and hardcore.

make sure you know what punk is before you talk about it. Did it necessarily deny christianity? no. Does religion have anything at all to do with the roots, lyrics, motivation, or culture? Absolutely not. Back when punk actually existed then progressed to hardcore, believe me it was very much not christian. Its about going crazy at a concert and kicking the shit out of each other.
Pages: [1] 2