xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Heaphones?  (Read 254 times)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Heaphones?
« on: January 29, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »

Looking for some decent headphones. Nothing too over the top, but something that's got a decent sound and decent isolation so I can block out the background noise at work. (My office is close the to production area which has chop saws, grinders, etc. My door has to be open to make me seem "open" to questions and such.... whatever) Anyway, trying to stay under 100 bucks. Anyone got any thoughts? Thanks.

saunders73

• Archived User
Heaphones?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »

i just bought a pair of skull candy crushers, and they are amazing. they cost me just over 100 bucks canadian. they actually have subwoofers in them if you are a big bass fan like me. they are suppose to emulate the sound of a 36 inch subwoofer. they also block out the sound very well

_iffy

• Archived User
Heaphones?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »

^where do you buy those? (don't say over the internet)

saunders73

• Archived User
Heaphones?
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »

Futureshop, my friend biggrin.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Heaphones?
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »

The reviews I read on those were less than desirable. They seem to be all base, with no other real redeeming qualities. I opted to Go Grado SR60s myself. Ill give you impressions when they arrive.

Albino

• Archived User
Heaphones?
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 07:21:00 AM »

I'm a big fan of sennheiser earphones. I've got a pair of HD205's, which they don't make any more. I get no background noise with them, and they cost me €50, I found them much cheaper in the UK but i needed something whilst travelling.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Heaphones?
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Albino @ Jan 31 2007, 03:28 PM) View Post

I'm a big fan of sennheiser earphones. I've got a pair of HD205's, which they don't make any more. I get no background noise with them, and they cost me €50, I found them much cheaper in the UK but i needed something whilst travelling.

I did a bunch of research on Head-FI.org. A bunch of Senns were very popular. But the Grado SR60s seemed to be one of 2 or 3 that were considered the best under 100 buck cans out there. AKG K81DJ being another that I almost bought. The Grados sounded like almost what I wanted, tho the aforementioned AKGs also seem positive. At work I currently have Senn 457s. They're ok. I hear the 205s are VERY nice. I opted for the Grados as they seem to offer a different sort of sound and I was curious. All said and done, I really want
Beyerdynamic DT770 (pro). Then convert em to Darth Beyers. Seems like theyre right up my alley as far as music goes. ATM, Im just waiting for my Grados and amp to arrive.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Heaphones?
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »

They arrived today. Amazing little buggers. Simply amazing compared to what Ive been used to. Ill need to get some hours on em tomorrow and give some opinions. But thus far Im very happy.

_iffy

• Archived User
Heaphones?
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »

^update?

2nd impressions?

CattyKid

• Archived User
Heaphones?
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 06:57:00 PM »

They'll sound even better once they've been broken in.  Then you'll get the best sound quality.  Some phones takes up to 100 hours to break in though, but normal wear does the trick as well.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Heaphones?
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Feb 6 2007, 03:04 AM) View Post

They'll sound even better once they've been broken in.  Then you'll get the best sound quality.  Some phones takes up to 100 hours to break in though, but normal wear does the trick as well.

Agreed. Tons of people go with the burn in theory and just leave them connected emitting sound to burn them in. The types of sounds used seems to vary person to person, with no facts to back it up. I'm merely listening to them evolve as they burn in.

My impressions are pretty decent. They're not the most comfortable headphones I've ever seen. And they build quality feels kind of cheap in places. (IE the plastic used on cans themselves.) The cables seem to be suspect at the Y connect. I'm probably going to recable them since modding things is fun. So I suppose this is one more reason.

All that aside the sound is amazing. Very bright and fun to listen to. Crisp, clean bass, tho not overly deep. I'm very happy with them. Even more telling was when I brought my Sennheiser's to work today and saw how they don't compare in any way. I'm very pleased. I have some mods to do. Ill probably try to post some pics along the way. And my amp is on the way as well. I'll give impressions on that setup. Should be in the mail today.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Heaphones?
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »

sony mdr-v6's here. i love em!

oZKa

• Archived User
Heaphones?
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »

rockin' on some $79.99 BOSS noise-canceling headphones cool.gif best thing ever

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Heaphones?
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »

I think what I found to be the most interesting part of these phones thus far is that it seems you never get how big an upgrade something is until you step back to the previous model that seemed close. And then it hits you. It reminds me of video games that have several incarnations. You don't notice how much of a jump in graphics there really is, until you get nostalgic and say, "Boy, that Dreamcast had some SWEET graphics. Let's check that out tonight."

I also found a local dealer that sells Grados and Senns and let's you demo them before you buy them. It makes it very hard to not go there and try out higher model Grados. Granted I'd probably piss a paycheck away on a set of headphones if I did that....... It may be worth it tho  unsure.gif  ..........

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Heaphones?
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 04:40:00 AM »

i have a very nice polk 7.1 set up, very nice sounding. BUT, nothing beats tossing on a pair of phones to drown out the world. i can really tune into the music alot better.
Pages: [1] 2