xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: List Of The Worst Artists In Music History  (Read 169 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
List Of The Worst Artists In Music History
« on: December 11, 2006, 07:36:00 AM »

At my wedding the DJ wanted to know requests. Our only request was don't play Creed or Celine Dion. IPB Image

Not a bad list though. Although I like Toad the Wet Sprocket.

Trex666

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

What the hell is wrong with creed?

netdevil69

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

I cant belive they have Jamiroquai on that list, Jay Kay, and the other band members are some of the most talented musicians the UK has ever produced.

Thats the only band im really bothered about, sure Primus are good too. But Jamiroquai is way too good to be on that list. For me they'd be in the top 50 bands, and near the top too.

btw, if you dont know the band, get yourslef on youtube and look at some of their videos, they are great live too, although ive only seen them once, i was blown away.

SICKdimension

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »

I disagree with quite a few of those on the list. They've got the Doors as one of the worst artists ever, yet they have My Chemical Romance plastered all over the front page??

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 11:51:00 PM »

The problem is its all opinion. Ask me what I think the top 50 worst artists are? I'll tell you they all come from either the rap, country, or 'pop' sections of music. Does that mean I'm right? Or does it mean I dislike that music and therefore dislike the individual bands.

For example, I like Toad the Wet Sprocket, they have them as #48, and they list Manowar is being 'gay', not that they arent entitled to their opinions but they mention (keep in mind there is, and I'm quoting "none more metal, none more gay") Judas Priest (I certainly hope someone else gets that).

The Doors and the Goo Goo Dolls are half decent, maybe not great bands, but part of the 50 worst? I'm sorry, I can find 50 bands that have done waaaaay worse and churned out much worse music than them, musical tastes aside.

Anyways, theres a lot of issues with it, keep in mind, this list was probably compiled by the guy who wrote it walking around going "Hey, whats you least favorite band" to 50 people.

On a side note a few of the bands/people that DID deserve to be on there:
Celine Dion
Kenny G
Mike Bolton
Vanilla Ice
Yanni
And they didnt deserve 1st (only because a few of the 'songs' they did were funny as hell) but they deffinetly needed to be on there, ICP

killerbootsman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

Creed is terrible.

rappers with the word "lil' in their name

Raging Walrus

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 07:47:00 AM »

Creed is probably one of the best bands ever! If you think they suck, get their album 'Weathered'. You'll be quite amazed if you actually took the time to listen to them. Faves on there are Bullets, Who's Got My Back?, One Last Breath, My Sacrifice, Stand Here With Me, Weathered, Hide, and Don't Stop Dancing. Really they aren't that bad of a band.

Anyways, I really hate these bands:

Senses Fail
Silverstein
Saosin

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 07:55:00 AM »

We can argue back and forth about Creed. If you like them, AT ALL, you might like Any of the 30 other bands or so they ripped off. Or any other band whatsoever that has true musical talent.

Search for 'Creed Sucks' in Google and you will find a brazillion other reasons why they made that list and deservingly so.

Vfreitas

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

Although their music does bore me now, I like how they listed Insane Clown Posse as the worst group, when those guys are making a killing. Back in junior high I was into them for a bit, and I swear those guys must be in the top 10 of artists with most sold merchandise. I've never seen more people with band related crap, from clothing to piercings. I wonder if there is a list like that somewhere..  blink.gif