xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Mp3 Player Do You Guys Use?  (Read 113 times)

CJLee89

• Archived User
What Mp3 Player Do You Guys Use?
« on: August 09, 2006, 03:54:00 PM »

20 GB iPod Click Wheel

bumr055

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »

512mb one that works good lol biggrin.gif

netdevil69

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 04:26:00 PM »

My 3rd Gen 20GB iPod just kicked the bucket mad.gif , not that bad because i was goin to replace it soon anyway, i looked at the Creative Vision "M" 30GB, and on paper its (much) better then the ipod, but its not in real life, its not user friendly, they ship it wth 4 of there own buggy apps, and it does not mount under Windows as a removable drive (this is acording to their tech people), which means you cant put data files on it, not good. I store all sorts on my ipod, software, documents, etc.

So after much reading, I just got the 5th gen ipod (ordered it 10mins ago), i realy dont care if people who see me with it think im an apple fan boy, the fact of the mater is, i'll have one and they wont. Plus the ipod is easy to use, and ideal for my needs.

I have a 1GB Sony Mp3 player kicking about somewhere, mostly use it for the gym, its good, simple to use and light, with 15+ hours battery life.

Anyway, back to your questions, iAudio make amazing MP3 players, very high quality, just because their not very well known, dont left it put you off, find a shop with one and ask for a demo. Im sure the sales staff will help.
Reason i didnt get a nano is because there far too expensive, 4GB is £160 i got the 30GB for £170. biggrin.gif

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 01:39:00 AM »

512mb alienware CE-IV
just got it still messin with it
i need a triple A battery but i cant find one

G0t M4xx 21

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 02:00:00 AM »

I have an iRiver iHP-120 (20gb)

Not the best but I got it for free from work (they had two broken ones laying around so i asked if i could have em, they said yes, to I took two broken ones and made one good one out of them). Then I have some spare bits like a broken Toshiba 20gb 1.8" HDD, a dead mainboard missing the headhpone amplifier, a screen, case, and good battery.

I like this player cuz windows simply recognizes it as a USB external storage device so I use it to store other stuff like documents, backups, movies, etc. Also cause it has optical S/PDIF input and output

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »

First gen 15gb Dell Jukebox (Breaking  sad.gif )

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

Gp2x 2gb SD.  smile.gif  I'll get another 2gb here soon enough but it's enough to get me to work in my 5 minute drive.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(EverestX @ Aug 22 2006, 03:34 PM) View Post

Gp2x 2gb SD.  smile.gif  I'll get another 2gb here soon enough but it's enough to get me to work in my 5 minute drive.

you listen to your MP3 player while your driving? thats a little dangerous!!

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

I have an cd/mp3 player and a Casio Cassiopeia em500.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »

oic.....u hooked it up to your head unit!! i thought you listened to it through head phones.

killerbootsman

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

30GB Video iPod

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »

iriver h10 20gb. Working on painting it, and hopefully soon to be skinned (and in the near future run roxbox!). I really want a psp though.....

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

my cars head unit laugh.gif

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »

Gp2x is the winner here. With some Sweet Velcro mods you have yourself a steering wheel mounted screen (Just like those rich rap people), Mp3 Playback, Avi playback (Watch some Tail spin in traffic), and a Sweet emu consoles.  Rocking Duke Nukem 3d in your had, all day. Nes,SNes, Perfect genesis Emulation, Perfect Atari, and even some other cool stuff like home brew games and apps.  How many people do you know that overclock their Mp3 players 100mhz?  biggrin.gif

Warning:

Driving and doing anything mentioned above is dangerous. Driving Like Ol' EvX(Gp Steering wheel mounted) WILL get you killed, result in injury, and most certainly piss your girlfriend off beyond belief because you are late getting to her mom's house for dinner because you're watching cartoons and not asking her how she felt emotionally for the day while in traffic. You have been warned.