xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Awsome Drum Solo  (Read 171 times)

FreakSho

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 12:16:00 AM »

yea double bass just makes u sound faster and better, u can play simple shit up top but if u double bass people are like woooooooow!

bumr055

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

look at me im joey and i only mic my basses and wave my arms around! tongue.gif

d00msday_jesus

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(bumr055 @ Jul 24 2006, 08:45 PM) View Post

he doesnt even have speed, he has a dubble bass or somthing and a little girl could make one of those sound quick.

p.s. im not a drummer and i still could drum better then that.

lol, dead wrong. dead dead wrong.

grim_d

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »

now lets gets one thing straight, slipknot are gay...straight up.

but joey jordsion is a very talented musician, he can play a variety of instruments rather well. He may not be the fastest, or the best drummer, but i will admit when i saw this solo on the disasterpeices dvd i did say that it was the best solo ive ever seen, simply because of the supreme show he puts on, i mean could you imagine being there. Plus the cobra double bass pedals are cool.

Whilst other solo may be more impressive in terms of skill, speed or talent this is by far my favourite. Whilst ive seen many of you saying, "it has no structure" "it sounds like garbage etc" i think it suits well with slipknots style of music, im sure any "maggot" would agree laugh.gif

and bumr, i bet you my left testicle you couldnt move your legs that fast for that long.

On a side note corey taylor has one of the best voices around... when hes not regurgitating his last 3 meals down the mic.

and also i havnt seen this tommy lee solo, but id like to.

P.S Ghost that sig is wicked beerchug.gif

d00msday_jesus

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 10:28:00 PM »

I agree with you in the sence that he is a talented musician in different feilds, but I dont think he lives upto anywhere neat the hype and praise he gets.

I personaly love cryptopsy and I think Flo Mounier's solos have such a great potential, but the structure and organization is so terrible that it ruins them. I think joey needs to open up his variety a little more. I do agree that the TYPICAL maggot would just be so mesmerized my the fast triplets and assume that it must be good.

and really, no dissin intended, but you cant just say that Corey has one of the best voices. 100% opinionated. Everyone likes differnet things.

besides, Danzig >>>> Corey  tongue.gif

bumr055

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(d00msday_jesus @ Jun 1 2006, 03:04 PM) View Post

Joey Jordison has to win the award for the most over rated rummer in the universe. Now, I am no one to judge doing shit upsidedown 50 feet off the ground, but I sure as hell can judge by being able to do triplets for a good 8 years now. I mean really, all that is is triplets with a couple 16th notes here and there with a few sextuplets thrown in. Hell, for dumline I play stuff on the quads that are more challenging than this. Tons of drummers are far greater than this man.

travis barker did a drum solo that sounded GOOD (unlike joey) rotating upwards like..... donno cant explain it.

d00msday_jesus

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

...alright?

bumr055

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 10:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(d00msday_jesus @ Sep 13 2006, 03:44 PM) View Post

...alright?

upsidedown = nuthing special. biggrin.gif