xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Awsome Drum Solo  (Read 172 times)

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« on: May 30, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »

killerbootsman

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(_GhOsT_ @ May 30 2006, 11:24 PM) View Post
http://video.google....q=Joey Jordison

fastest i have ever seen

yeah, the drum solo from their 9.0 album is mad sick. I think it is just titled drum solo.

SC2

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

Hes amazing, theres a few more around the internet, a couple faster than that.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »

yes but how many can do it sideways? tongue.gif

d00msday_jesus

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

Joey Jordison has to win the award for the most over rated rummer in the universe. Now, I am no one to judge doing shit upsidedown 50 feet off the ground, but I sure as hell can judge by being able to do triplets for a good 8 years now. I mean really, all that is is triplets with a couple 16th notes here and there with a few sextuplets thrown in. Hell, for dumline I play stuff on the quads that are more challenging than this. Tons of drummers are far greater than this man.

xXxCocoFangxXx

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »

He is such a great Drummer!

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(d00msday_jesus @ Jun 1 2006, 03:04 PM) View Post

Joey Jordison has to win the award for the most over rated rummer in the universe. Now, I am no one to judge doing shit upsidedown 50 feet off the ground, but I sure as hell can judge by being able to do triplets for a good 8 years now. I mean really, all that is is triplets with a couple 16th notes here and there with a few sextuplets thrown in. Hell, for dumline I play stuff on the quads that are more challenging than this. Tons of drummers are far greater than this man.

Yea, but he's fast and crisp.

I've only been playing 5-6 years and could probably play this with practice, but I think he's at least up there with the talented. I do agree that he's overrated, but you can't just shut him out. There are plenty of drummers with his speed, he's just more famous.

d00msday_jesus

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »

yeah I see where you're coming from with the speed. But that can be built easily when you're a professional drummer (hell, one of my friends who is started to play drums like a year and a half ago went from about 90bmp to 200bpm on bass). Aside from that, he is nothing spectacular when you compare him to other noted technical drummers. Remeber, throwing triplets everywhere doesn't make a skilled drummer.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »

This  is real drumming.

d00msday_jesus

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »

mhmm...i'd love to see joey try that.

jwin767

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 05:14:00 AM »

my favorite drummer has to be Chad Sexton (from 311), hes the reason i learnt to drum, he has this regge rythum and style. saw that drum solo at Download 2005, much better live but still same old stuff

d00msday_jesus

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(BrutalDeathRaver @ Jul 1 2006, 11:53 PM) View Post

sucks, i could name a million drummers better than him.

Yes, that's a buzz roll with one hand.

Darren is an amazing drummer, but the "onehanded roll" or "gravity blast" is nothing special at all. It's a very easy and simple trick that most grind drummers do. Amazing drummer none the less.

bumr055

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

thats not even that good.... wow real quick rolleyes.gif its a dubble bass, it all seemed pointless and repetitive.  i just sounded like he was hitting the bass and hit the snare randomly. absolutly no structure.

the drumming that fuzzy posted pwned though.  and the joey bit, it was kinda fast but it just sounded like garbadge!

FreakSho

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

yea joey has speed but thats about it , plus tommy lee from motley crue was the first one to rotate the drum set and shit like that, tommy lee was basically placed over the crowd while he did a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better solo than joey

bumr055

• Archived User
Awsome Drum Solo
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

he doesnt even have speed, he has a dubble bass or somthing and a little girl could make one of those sound quick.

p.s. im not a drummer and i still could drum better then that.
Pages: [1] 2