xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Page Dedicated To The Best Dj In The World  (Read 166 times)

Elusid

• Archived User
A Page Dedicated To The Best Dj In The World
« on: May 30, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

TIËSTO

To me Tiësto is a huge insporation. He is one of those people that knows what he wants from the begining and doesn't stop till he gets it done. So here is my post to tribute to him. "The best DJ in the world"

I made the picture with the blue lights in the background (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
(IMG:http://flamelicker.com/pics/tiesto.png)(IMG:http://www.futurestyle.org/archives/images/t/tiesto-4.jpg)

Here is an amazing video of him playing at the 2005 TMF awards. This guy is truly amazing!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...885830&q=tiesto

(IMG:http://www.pioneerisrael.co.il/Pioneer/Main/dj/images/albompics/TIESTO%20IN%20NITZANIM.jpg)

Here is an artical that I pulled of of his official website. Read it! It's amazing! He has done so many things it's crazy!

Tiësto's career is punctuated by landmark achievements – the first DJ in the world to sell out a solo stadium event for over 25,000 people, he scored a number one hit with his single Traffic, the first instrumental track to reach the top spot in his homeland of Holland in 23 years. His remix of Delerium featuring Sarah McLachlan's Silence was the first house track ever broadcast on daytime radio in North America, (it became an international dancefloor anthem and also spent eight weeks in the UK top 10 chart). He played live in front of billions of people during the Parade Of The Athletes at the official opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in Athens. But despite his meteoric success, Tiësto remains grounded about his achievements and clearly loves making and playing music above the accolades it brings.
On Black Hole Tiësto has released the Magik and In Search Of Sunrise mixcompilation series, and most recent Nyana. His remix of 'Delerium featuring Sarah McLachlan - Silence' was the first house track ever broadcasted on daytime radio in North America and was eight weeks in the U.K. top 10 chart.

Born in Holland, Tiësto became a DJ because he 'liked to share music with other people. When I was younger, I'd listen to a radio show called the Soul Show, and to Ben Liebrand's mix show, where he would remix and cut up different tracks, and I just thought - I wanna do this!' Starting out with a mobile show around the country, he progressed to student parties, and then to three nights a week in a club, learning and perfecting his craft. 'music was always my first love but back then I didn't know it was possible to make a living out of being a DJ... If I wasn't a DJ now though I'd be a chef. I love cooking – it must be because of the mixing element!' The productions came later, in 1995. 'I really wanted to produce music that I could play in my sets, because it brings much more fulfilment to the process. I bought some samplers, some computer programs, and just started working on it.' He makes it sound easy – indeed, he makes it look easy as 10 years down the line his productions consistently bother the charts and frequently reach number one around Europe.

In 1997 Tiësto, along with Arny Bink, formed Black Hole Recordings, the label that launched the hugely acclaimed Magik. In Search Of Sunrise, and Nyana mix compilations. The label grew to such proportions that in 2001 Tiësto started a sub-label, Magik Muzik. 'It's the home of records of mine, or of people whose work I really believe in,' he enthuses. 'Everything on Magik Muzik is what you'll find in my sets, which makes it more of my own little project.' Some of the gems from Magik Muzik include 2001 anthem Flight 643, his artist album In My Memory, and tracks from Umek, Mark Norman and Mojado.

Though known primarily for his pioneering contributions to the trance scene, Tiësto's style is now a mix of everything: 'trance, house, techno - it's the best of all that the dance world has to offer. In 1998, I was really a trance DJ, but now I've travelled round the world so much, different influences have seeped in and I play a bit of everything. I think the only way forward for DJs now is to play a diverse mix of sounds.' Indeed, his brand of trance was always pushing at the constraints of the genre anyway, featuring soaring vocals from the likes of Sarah McLachlan and Kirsty Hawkshaw, spine-tingling breakdowns, and euphoric melodies at every end of the spectrum. His productions, sets, and releases range from peak time club heaven to the sort of perfect chill out that could reduce a grown man to tears, and have at times owed as much influence to classical music as to dance.

The many high profile gigs and shows have now taken Tiësto away from exclusively playing clubs, and propelled him to become more of a mainstream artist. 'Often at my shows now, half of the people are die-hard clubbers, but the other half are people who know me from the radio, or from more mainstream gigs,' he says. 'It's more like they're going to a concert, so now I get a great mix of both worlds.'
In addition to this huge event, the album 'Parade of the athletes' is released worldwide in October 2004, which contains the music from Tiësto's set at the Opening Ceremony. Simultaneously, the title song of his 'Just Be' artist album is climbing the lists and is heard on dancefloors everywhere.

Describing the last few years as 'a journey of defining moments,' (as well as the usual club successes, his shelves are groaning under the weight of numerous awards – TMF-Awards, MTV, Dutch DJ - and gold discs...) his favourites include the second night of the Tiësto In Concert show in Holland in 2004: 'I was really aware of what was going on, the music was just right – a mix of all my big tunes and new tunes, everything just felt perfect that night. I played for nine hours straight, and it was my favourite gig ever.' And, of course, being voted by the readers as the number one DJ in the world for the third time. 'The first time it happened it was so amazing, I was overjoyed. The second and the third time were great as well of course, but the first time you're on the cover of that magazine that is so respected by other DJs – it's like winning an Oscar!'

Continuing to explore fresh avenues, Tiësto is currently experimenting with new sounds in the studio, and writing more vocals himself. 'I'm not looking for any big collaborations right now, I'm more interested in a burgeoning talent – someone whose voice is good, and that really touches you. A voice should sound like an instrument to me. I've had a spell away from the studio, relaxing and travelling, but now I'm really enthused about getting back in there. I'm more open to doing remixes again. I like to hear a track and right away know what I want to do with it, what I can make different, and whether it'll work for me in my sets – all my remixes have to be tried and tested.'

The future for Tiësto promises yet further success, both as the solo artist he's become and the DJ we know him to be. 'Another album, more remixes, definitely,' he agrees, 'but it's hard to look too far into the future. Every couple of months it seems that something new, unexpected and exciting is happening!'

Sally Learmouth

Awards Overview
Awards 2005

* 3 FM Award Best Dance Artist
* Release Dance Award Best Trance/Progressive artist
* Release Dance Award Best International DJ
* TMF Belgium Best International DJ
* Dance Music Award Germany Best Trance Artist
* WMC Awards Miami Best Producer
* WMC Awards Miami Best Hi-NRG / Euro track
* WMC Awards Miami The Ortofon Best European DJ 2004
* WMC Awards Miami Best Producer 2004
* TMF Award Holland Best Dance National
* TMF Award Holland Radio 538 single of the year
* TMF Award Holland Lifetime Achievement
* Edison Music Award Best dance album – Just Be

Awards 2004

* ID&T Dutch DJ Award Best Dutch DJ by audience
* Buma/Stemra Sound of Silence Award
* TMF Award Belgium Best International DJ
* World Music Award World's best selling Dutch artist
* Ibiza DJ Award Best International DJ Trance
* TMF Award Holland Best National DJ
* TMF Award Holland Best Dance Act National
* DJ Mag Top 100 Number 1 Position
* WMC Awards Miami Best International DJ

Awards 2003

* World Dancestar Award U.S.A. Best International DJ
* ID&T Dutch DJ Award Best Dutch DJ by professional jury
* ID&T Dutch DJ Award Best Dutch DJ by audience
* Radio 538 Dance Award Radio 538 Dutch Audience Edison
* TMF Award Holland Best Dance Act National
* TMF Award Holland Best National DJ
* TMF Award Belgium Best Dance International
* MTV Europe Music Award Best Dutch Act
* BG Magazine Award Best Club/Trance/Hardhouse DJ
* DJ Mag Top 100 Number 1 Position
* Mixmag Award Best Resident Ibiza

cmodding

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 10:11:00 AM »

Tiësto is overrated.

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »

I met tiesto 2 weeks ago. He played in 4th and B in San Diego. I had the set before him, awesome guy. I'll be seeing him again next month. I'll let him know about your website. Thanks for keeping the music alive man.

Tripme

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »

DJ Keltech owns all

Elusid

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

Lol Tiesto isn't over rated I think. I mean come on he was rated the #1 DJ 3 times when that artical was writen. Him being the best isn't an opinon it's a fact (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Raver758 that's sweet. I wanted to go see him live but it ends up the place he was going to preform I had to be at least 18 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Oh well. Ha I doubt he would pay much attention to this though because I'm sure he gets it all the time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »

Peanut Butter Wolf > Tiesto

Not to mention:
Cut Chemist
Dj Shadow

Still a decent DJ though.  And also, I'd like to point out #1 in the charts usually sucks ass. How many Hits has Britney spears had @ #1 or Creed.  Shit, Linkin park.  There are tons of no talent ass clowns topping the charts.  Look at Bubba Sparks.

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »

ok honestly I been playing with top djs for 2 years now.. tiesto, blank and jones, alex morph, roger sanchez, atb etc etc.. and these names you guys mention, I never heard of lol..

EverestX, charts are different in europe then they are in america. Being rated top dj #1 is very fucking hard trust me it's hard.  It takes skills and a lot of it. Tijs or as most of you know "tiesto" is an awesome guy who brings joy to everyone. He has the best jokes and trust me you spend 15min with the guy and his going to make that 15min worthwhile.

And to Elusid, thanks again for keeping the scene up, I'll let him know about your website if you feel like adding something about him or having a section for him. I'm sure his going to check it out. Don't worry if he will notice you or not. Tiesto was top with other dj's before I even started mixing/producing trance, but look at me now, I played at local clubs, and started my way up and I met a lot of great people. It's friendships that never change man. Enjoy the music man =) It's for you guys and trust me we dj's well aware of how much you appreciate our music when you dance to it and have a good time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Raver758: May 30 2006, 09:57 PM

Elusid

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »

Sweet man thanks. I think that now I am going to add a section to my website that is for individual pages that people can make. The first one is going to be one I made for Tiesto (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm sure it's really dificult to be #1 on the charts in Europe AND be named worlds best DJ 3 years in a row but I can't think of a more deserrving person then Tiesto ya know. I'll let you all know when I have that section up and running (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Chook

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 07:33:00 PM »

People saying he sucks is like what happened to Oakenfold a few years back.  I perfer PvD, but he is a damn good DJ.  And chart toppers wouldn't be there if a plurality of people liked that artist, and not someones greater opinion of music.

Elusid

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 07:23:00 AM »

Ok well I've started to make a page on my website for him and this is what I have so far. What do you guys think? I can spend more time on it this summer when I'm out of school (tomorrow's out last day)

http://flamelicker.com/userpages/tiesto.html

creg turner

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »

Dj Tiesto is quite amazing. I am a big techno/trance fan, and I think he is one of the greatest in my opinion.

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »

whoever this guy is this is awesome

http://www.wimp.com/dj/

afruff23

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »

If you had psoted this in a real electornica forum, then you'd ahve been flamed. I lsiten to Tiesto as well, but I just don't go blabbin' how great he is. There are better DJ's. In the genre of electronic music, there are many obscure artists which are great.

StigmataDiaboli

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

I'd definately have to agree, I used to be a very big electronic fan but now I only find myself listening to some obscure people and Tiesto.