xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No More Good Radio Stations In Chicago  (Read 56 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
No More Good Radio Stations In Chicago
« on: September 26, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »

the only good station was 94.7, but now they have gone from hard rock to "true oldies"

q101 sucks worse than ever "now on shuffle" now on bullshit is more like it

97.9 is ok i guess, but they reek of being owned by q101 now

i guess now ill have to ry to pick up some independant station from purdue cal or something

sorry for the rant that probably makes no sense to anyone not from the windy city, but im pissed off right now

killerbootsman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »

you could try XM or Sirius, my mom has XM in her truck and loves it.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »

that means spending money, i hate doing that

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 08:04:00 PM »

I know the feeling, same thing in Central Florida and the Denver Colorado area (although, theres a few stations that arent to bad in the CO area). The worst is when you want to hear music, all you get is talk, but when you want to hear talk all you get it music (usually music that you dont like/dont want to hear)

killerbootsman

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 09:47:00 PM »

Only radio station i listen to is my local High School's: KPGR 88.1. They play alternative/rock, no commercials, DJ's that i know because they go to my school, and they listen to the same music as I do. Every other station has gay DJ's trying to be funny and commercials every 30 seconds.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »

yeah, the other stations in chicago have between 20-30 mins of commercials every hour, its rediculous, and now q101 plays such a broad range of music you never hear anything you want to hear except maybe once or twice a day

speaking of which, is it just chicgo or are alot of other markets getting alot of "we play what we want" stations that play so many different styles of music its just crap

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 11:27:00 AM »

You should try visiting DFW TX some time.. YOu want to talk about some shitty radio stations, we got country, Horrible bling rap, and latino music.. If you want to hear anything other than that new bitch rock you have to burn a cd.  It's rediculous.. Last time i heard 3 good songs on the radio in one day I was 11.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

well thats all thats left in chicago now, rap, whiny bitch "rock" then oldies and your moms soft rock

sad considering all the great rock bands chicago has spawned over the years

killerbootsman

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Sep 29 2005, 11:33 AM)
yeah, the other stations in chicago have between 20-30 mins of commercials evbut they play better songs thenery hour, its rediculous, and now q101 plays such a broad range of music you never hear anything you want to hear except maybe once or twice a day

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 09:30:00 PM »

q101 always sucked ass

98 rock was the only decent station, but it was too much of the same alternative rock shit

94.7 just tried to copy off of 98 rock, really there was nothing new

florida stations are even worse, theres only one rock station and it really sucks

i really never cared for the chicago stations, but i do miss mancow in the morning  tongue.gif

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 11:30:00 PM »

Radio?  Whassat?

College radio is usually OK.  But MP3s and podcasts are where it's at.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 11:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(XPxAxBxLxOX @ Nov 7 2005, 11:03 PM)
At least your local radio station didn't turn rap out of nowhere like y100.3 in the Philadelphia area.  One day it was alternative music, next day rap.  I was pissed.

cpu_junkie3

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »

Yo, Lordvader, I hear on that Siruis part, but If you like some decent rock music and have a good enough radio that can pick up stations as far as North Carolina, We have Rock 105.5 and it is actually one of the best rock stations in the nation.  Jackass awards, madmax in the morning, What more do you need?

Oh almost forgot, The reason why the stations in my area are so good is because I just happen to live near Camp Lejune which is only the biggest Naval Amphibian Base in the whole ******* world. We have a really big ethnicity, and well, If your looking for xbox crap and you live on base you have it made also.

Really people right while we are on money,  If somebody wants to buy, what the heck!, your modded xbox for example, and offers you $250 dollars for it, and you paid $100 bucks for it, sell the *****, buy another one its profit for God sakes!

Another example, trading cards, a Sports Car, Trailers, Boats, GUNS and ****, Computers as well.

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2005, 04:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Sep 26 2005, 07:59 PM) View Post

the only good station was 94.7, but now they have gone from hard rock to "true oldies"

q101 sucks worse than ever "now on shuffle" now on bullshit is more like it

97.9 is ok i guess, but they reek of being owned by q101 now
i guess now ill have to ry to pick up some independant station from purdue cal or something
sorry for the rant that probably makes no sense to anyone not from the windy city, but im pissed off right now

are you far enough north to get 95.1?

yea, 94.7 was the only good station till they got "bought out".