xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Beastie Boys...  (Read 206 times)

moistness

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »

wink.gif

ZeroDown

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »

if youll read the original post again, youll see that i actually invite people to say that they suck, or at least feel free to... but i do let those who would come in purely to insult know that i would consider them a moron first... its not being paranoid: on a forum its pretty much expected for someone to say stuff you like sucks, i was merely addressing it before it happened...

Not a very warm welcome now is it?

I know you didn't mean to insult anyone but really what relevance did yellowcard or jadakiss play in your statement about coming in and disrepectfully insulting the Beastie Boys?  If you did not include that part I would have agreed with your statement.  Not adding that portion in would have delivered the same message without any bias.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2004, 06:47:00 PM »

smile.gif

I don't want to start a war... just toss in my two cents.

It's cool that you're seeing the beastie boys, especially since you're a huge fan.  Nothing's better than seeing your fav bands live.

I think Zero was just trying to make clear that you basically said "if you say beastie boys suck, you're a moron, but i'm going to go ahead and say that yellowcard and jadakiss suck, which doesn't make me a moron".  It's just a double standard.

nemt

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2004, 08:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Aug 27 2004, 10:50 PM)
Nothing's better than seeing your fav bands live.

Except of course staying home, listening to better sounding versions of the songs played at whatever live concert is going on, and keeping $80.

(that's $80 those evil corporate money slaves won't get their hands on)

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »

I still love a live show over a recording.  I also, however, refuse to pay $80 bucks for any show.  Despite being one of my favorite bands, I refuse to see Metallica live (although I saw them for free at Summer Sanitarium).  Most of the concerts I've been to were for great bands, but in shitty little dive bars for < $18.
Pages: 1 [2]