xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Beastie Boys...  (Read 207 times)

gcskate27

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« on: August 23, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »

i just got general admission tickets to the austin show and am happy as hell... im a huge fan of theirs and have wanted to see them for the longest time...

the last tour they had, well sort of had as it got cut, i won tickets to but didnt get to go... i won the tickets and the concert was gonna be about a week before i was to leave the country for a year... then mike d had to go and break his shoulder so they postponed it a week, it was still the day before i was to leave... then they just cancelled it all... i was so pissed as im a huge fan and i figured they never tour again...*

but now i get to go see them and i dont haev to sit in some crappy seats...  biggrin.gif

*this is all attributed to the 'ratm curse' that i have (rage and i think green day were also gonna be playing that tour)... i have had, in my hands, tickets to three dif rage shows and for some bullshit reason or another have not gotten to go... then they go and break up...  dry.gif

**im sure some jackass who listens to jadakiss or yellowcard or some other no talent crapfest will come in saying how the beastie boys suck or some shit... feel free, but know that youre a moron in advance...  laugh.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 01:01:00 AM »

nope, they are morons for coming in and posting pointless shit trying to start a flamewar...  wink.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 01:31:00 AM »

but im not personally attacking those who like those two groups mentioned... if there was a thread about either of those groups and i went in and said they suck, your argument would be valid...  wink.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »

nope you wouldnt, unless of course you made it in specific retaliation to this thread... what im saying is that if people come into the thread just to bash the beastie boys, they are morons...

moistness

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

ZeroDown, you tore my sphincter the other night! I had to get stitches and an anaesthetic ointment! mad.gif

moistness

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 06:38:00 PM »

Clearly not! blink.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (ZeroDown @ Aug 24 2004, 01:44 PM)
and they would be morons for unjustly insulting a band right?  Like what you just did.

jeezy creezy no... they can make any statement they want, think any way about any band... but if they come in here, with the expressed purpose to talk shit baout the beastie boys, they are morons...

they could start a thread about how much they suck and this and that and it would be fine, as long as it wasnt directly aimed at the fans of theirs...

thats what makes them moronic, the motive behind the shit talking...  wink.gif

Ween311

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 08:09:00 AM »

That's awesome that you get to see them live.  I have never gotten the chance.  I am a huge fan although I was not too impressed by their new album. Maybe I'm just getting too old.  To be fair, I have not listened to the whole thing.  I need to get it and give it a good couple of listens.  From first impressions though, I wasn't too turned on.  I bet you are going to love seeing them live.  I hear they have an awesome show.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 07:44:00 PM »

well i would hope they wouldnt...  wink.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 09:57:00 PM »

all this "crapfest" flaming, im tellin ya'll, its sabotage

gcskate27

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2004, 12:10:00 AM »

You couldn't possibly say with a straight face you would sit idly if someone put a thread up insulting something you like

my thread wasnt specifically about how the example bands ive stated suck... it was just a passing comment at the end... if there was a 'beastie boys suck' thread, yes i probably would go in and argue, but that is not the same as going into a thread and bashing someone else for their choice of music...

Why? Because they are 'untalented crapfests'? And how did you come to this conclusion, listening to one of their songs then basing your conclusion on that? Nice high school ideology.

yes, that is how i have decided they suck... i listened to one song and decided that both were the same trite crap that gets pushed out in waves every few months... granted they may not be, and i may be missing out on some new musical genious, but i highly doubt it...

i realise that these are just my opinions... what separates me from the 'morons', at least in this respect, is that if someone made a thread about being a huge fan of either of these 'artists', i wouldnt go in and say how much they suck... THAT IS WHAT MAKES THE OTHERS MORONS, THE COMPLETE LACK OF CURTOSEY AND/OR RESPECT...*

*and before you say that i am not respecting yellowcard or jadakiss fans, realise that i did not personally call anyone a moron for liking these bands... just because i have said that the bands suck, that is no disrespect to people who do like them... yet again, if they had a thread about how much those bands ruled and i went in purposefully to bash said bands, then that would be disrespectful and moronic... if anyone likes these bands, they can come in this thread and argue the finer points of why they do, nothing is stoping them... hopefully that puts this argument to rest...  wink.gif

beerchug.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2004, 08:10:00 AM »

I just find it crazy that you were paranoid enough about someone putting something negative about a band you like on a public forum that you spent the time to insult them (and even people that both like beastie boys and yellowcard/jadakiss) before they insulted you. That to me makes you at fault.

if youll read the original post again, youll see that i actually invite people to say that they suck, or at least feel free to... but i do let those who would come in purely to insult know that i would consider them a moron first... its not being paranoid: on a forum its pretty much expected for someone to say stuff you like sucks, i was merely addressing it before it happened...

sorry I see no difference in a post like "Beastie Boys suck." in a thread for or against them. Both ways it's ignorant and disrepectful knowing it is all based on opinion.

if you dont see a difference, then this is where the argument is a stalemate...

nemt

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »

I wish the wealthy uneducated drug users of the world didn't feel they had a calling to political discussion.  Sing your songs, make your movies, smile for the camera, and keep your mouths shut.  The Beastie Boys used to be one of my favorite bands, and they've done a lot to shape the modern rap scene, and music scene in general...but why do they think anyone cares who they're going to vote for?

SmallBusinessGuy

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Aug 26 2004, 06:31 PM)
I wish the wealthy uneducated drug users of the world didn't feel they had a calling to political discussion.  Sing your songs, make your movies, smile for the camera, and keep your mouths shut.  The Beastie Boys used to be one of my favorite bands, and they've done a lot to shape the modern rap scene, and music scene in general...but why do they think anyone cares who they're going to vote for?

First off it's hip-hop not rap, second they do suck. Check out real talent, the artists who haven't become corporate pawns.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Beastie Boys...
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »

uhh.gif
Pages: [1] 2