xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modest Mouse  (Read 85 times)

Shoue

• Archived User
Modest Mouse
« on: June 02, 2004, 10:55:00 AM »

i haven't heard much of the groups stuff.. but. the song float on is alright.. but. the video.. is one of the weirdest music videos.. i have ever seen..

nemt

• Archived User
Modest Mouse
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »

More like:

"Good News for People Who Like Bad Music"

IndieSnob

• Archived User
Modest Mouse
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (skeen @ Jun 2 2004, 12:58 PM)
Yea I think they’ve been around since the early to mid 90’s. I’ve been listening to them for a couple years now and didn’t even realize until recently that they are local to me (Seattle).

They've been around since 1996 and are in fact from Seattle area, Issaquah. Used to be a great band, but new album sucks for the most part.

dethbunny

• Archived User
Modest Mouse
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »

I disagree.  Much of the older albums felt like "filler" to me, and just didn't entertain.  Some songs (Tiny Cities Made of Ashes, Dirty Fingernails, etc.) did the trick, but by and large the older music didn't reach me.

The most recent album, however, feels much more thematically complete to me.  It seems like it makes a complete whole, while the older stuff didn't to me.  I recommend listening to "The Ocean Breathes Salty," "Bukowski," and "The View" a few times before dismissing the album.  It really is pretty decent.

Ashton8

• Archived User
Modest Mouse
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »

Modest Mouse kicks ass except for new material