xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Riaa Commercial On National Tv!  (Read 125 times)

AnThRaX

• Archived User
New Riaa Commercial On National Tv!
« on: February 27, 2004, 06:59:00 PM »

Well it wasn't really RIAA commercial, but I just seen a commercial with a girl drinking pepsi and she was like. I was one of the kids who was caught downloading/stealing songs on the internet for free. So I started laughing. Then shes like now you can FOR free and theres NOTHINg anybody can do to stop you then she shows you a pepsi cap for 1 song! I was laughing so hard!

Mike35

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »

Yeah, the commercial was kind stupid. I thought the guys on there deserved every penalty with the law they got. Those guys were people that had thousands of songs, on ike a server or something. But that is a lot of songs. I used to pirate, back in  the day the riaa didnt giva a shit. But now i dont. But that commercial was kinda dumb, it was on the superbowl 2.

blueinfinity

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 08:57:00 PM »

lol thrax that was originally one of the many super bowl comercials

i have a copy on disc here biggrin.gif i love it biggrin.gif

we need to edit off that pepsi point parts.. and psot it online wink.gif

AnThRaX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (blueinfinity @ Feb 28 2004, 12:57 AM)
lol thrax that was originally one of the many super bowl comercials

i have a copy on disc here biggrin.gif i love it biggrin.gif

we need to edit off that pepsi point parts.. and psot it online wink.gif

yea ill keep my tivo on i seen it on MTV i don't watch the superbowl to much drama with all the ADS and sportmanlike bullshit just my .02

blueinfinity

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 09:18:00 PM »

i jsut dl the super bowl commercial package lol

i dont watch that soup opera crap either.. to over done for me smile.gif

powercntrl

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »

You know you can get a winning Pepsi every time by tilting the bottle at the right angle and looking at the cap.  It's pretty easy to see if it says "again" (as in "Try again") or "song"...

I'm still trying to figure out if I am paying for a Itunes song and getting a Pepsi for $0.17, or overpaying for an Itunes song by $0.17 and getting a free bottle of crappy sugar water*.  One thing is for sure, after this promotion, I am not buying any more Pepsi ever again.  grr.gif

* Powercntrl doesn't really like Pepsi much.

AnThRaX

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 10:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (powercntrl @ Feb 28 2004, 01:58 AM)
You know you can get a winning Pepsi every time by tilting the bottle at the right angle and looking at the cap.  It's pretty easy to see if it says "again" (as in "Try again") or "song"...

I'm still trying to figure out if I am paying for a Itunes song and getting a Pepsi for $0.17, or overpaying for an Itunes song by $0.17 and getting a free bottle of crappy sugar water*.  One thing is for sure, after this promotion, I am not buying any more Pepsi ever again.  grr.gif

* Powercntrl doesn't really like Pepsi much.

Its not pepsi the pepsi bottle has too fat of a neck. Coke is easier especially the green caps. Man im a pro at this I can just pick it up and tell you if its not a winner within 2 seconds!

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mike35 @ Feb 28 2004, 05:16 AM)
back in  the day the riaa didnt giva a shit

i just found this quote funny... youre 13!

how long ago was this "day"?

orangerhino

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2004, 12:19:00 AM »

I laughed my ass off when I heard the song they were playing during that commercial "I fought the law, and the law won"...yeah right ahahahahaha laugh.gif  rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

When I first saw this i thought some rich guy who was pro-piracy payed for it and im like YEA! But then they're like "teaming up with pepsi to get you free music...when you buy pepsi" Those dicks  dry.gif

powercntrl

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2004, 11:22:00 AM »

The interesting thing about downloading music is it may not really be illegal.  In Canada, where a tax is levied against blank CDs, it is perfectly legal to download music for free, so long as you're not hosting the files for others to download.  No one has actually been busted for downloading music, they've been threatened with lawsuits for copyright infringement for unauthorized distrobution (the upload feature of P2P).  The "law" hasn't won, the teens on the commercial simply settled with the RIAA out of court.

Moleman

• Recovered User
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (orangerhino @ Feb 28 2004, 05:19 AM)
I laughed my ass off when I heard the song they were playing during that commercial "I fought the law, and the law won"...yeah right ahahahahaha laugh.gif  rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif

What a bunch off sellouts. dry.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (mirx999 @ Feb 28 2004, 08:28 PM)
screw you.  the clash rock.

true, but thats not the clash's song... its bobby fuller's... though the clash did do a cover... id have to see the commercial again but im pretty sure theyre not using the clash's version...

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2004, 06:52:00 PM »

They forgot to mention you can STILL get songs for free, without buying pepsi, and without download the iTunes player so you can hear their .m4p or whatever crap format the songs are in.

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2004, 07:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Feb 29 2004, 01:33 AM)
QUOTE (mirx999 @ Feb 28 2004, 08:28 PM)
screw you.  the clash rock.

true, but thats not the clash's song... its bobby fuller's... though the clash did do a cover... id have to see the commercial again but im pretty sure theyre not using the clash's version...

Social Distortion did a cover of that song also.