xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Best Album Of All Time  (Read 504 times)

MettyX

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2003, 09:37:00 AM »

hmm, this is definately a tough question....

here are a few of my favs, in no particular order.  

Pink Floyd:  Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd:  The Wall
Radiohead: OK Computer
The Beatles:  The White Album
The Beasties:  Pauls Boutique

ADAWG69

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Nov 24 2003, 01:51 PM)
Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows (great solo album from the greatest guitar player ever.)

I would never refer to him as the greatest guitar player ever. I think either Clapton or Page get that award.

Anyway a few of my favourite albums include: OK Computer,  How the West was Won (all the great Zeppelin tunes from them in concert. Page does some really incredible guitar playing!) and Dark Side of the Moon.

EGOvoruhk

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2003, 10:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (ADAWG69 @ Nov 24 2003, 07:10 PM)
QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Nov 24 2003, 01:51 PM)
Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows (great solo album from the greatest guitar player ever.)

I would never refer to him as the greatest guitar player ever. I think either Clapton or Page get that award.

Anyway a few of my favourite albums include: OK Computer,  How the West was Won (all the great Zeppelin tunes from them in concert. Page does some really incredible guitar playing!) and Dark Side of the Moon.

No offense to Clapton or Page, but they could never do what Zakk can do to a guitar. They may have done it first, but he can do it faster, and better now. He is one of many with tha high level of skill. Steve Vai is damn good, so is Dimebag. Recognize wink.gif

chadkeck

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »

FINALLY someone said TooL's Aenima!

But how can you forget Nine Inch Nails' The Downward Spiral.  That's art.

Mer de Noms by A Perfect Circle.

and all the VNV Nation stuff.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2003, 12:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (EGOvoruhk @ Nov 24 2003, 07:18 PM)
No offense to Clapton or Page, but they could never do what Zakk can do to a guitar. They may have done it first, but he can do it faster, and better now. He is one of many with tha high level of skill. Steve Vai is damn good, so is Dimebag. Recognize wink.gif

i hope you mean one of FEW.. because very FEW can come close to zakk wylde smile.gif

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2003, 01:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Nov 24 2003, 09:27 PM)
I can't beleive nobody is even mentioning Jimmi Hendrix as the best guitar player ever?!?!!
blink.gif

he wasent tho

WhatsAModchip?

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2003, 03:24:00 PM »

heh, i feel so young, i've heard of hendricks but i dont listen to him? any suggestirons on a new album i should listen to?

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2003, 04:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (WhatsAModchip? @ Nov 25 2003, 12:24 AM)
heh, i feel so young, i've heard of hendricks but i dont listen to him? any suggestirons on a new album i should listen to?

my suggestion is to never turn on mtv, and if you want to hear some amazing guitar work, grab any black label society cd. (my favs are 1919 eternal and blessed hellride)

kard63

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2003, 07:15:00 PM »

I support the anti-black music movement and cast my vote for the black album by Metallica.

kard63

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2003, 07:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (plehem12 @ Nov 23 2003, 06:10 PM)
Nirvana: Self-Titled (Greatest Hits)
The Smashing Pumpkins: Rotton Apples (Greatest Hits)
Red Hot Chili Peppers Greatest Hits

Or if Greatest Hits don't count:

Nirvana: Nevermind
The Smashing Pumpkins: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Californication

Thats not what he meant.

orangerhino

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2003, 09:03:00 PM »

Anything Buckethead (guitar god) especially Funnel Weaver and Monsters & Robots
Praxis - Transmutation (Mutatis Mutandis)
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Anything by They Might Be Giants
Slipknot - Self Titled (That cd just kicked ass the whole way through)
Anything by ATB or Darude
Static-X - Machine ( I know they probably won't last long but I loved that album, especially how it transitioned from Bien Venidos to Get to the Gone)

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2003, 09:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (Colonel32 @ Nov 25 2003, 04:11 AM)
Since we're are on opinions here i'd have to scoff at all those names - if i were to name a "best" guitarist i would toss out Django, maybe John McLaughlin maybe even Lenny Breau if his life had continued.  I'd even agree with Hendrix before those names because while not as technique driven he certainly progressed guitar playing more than Clapton did.

I could never include players like Vai or Malmsteen or Wylde, while good they are not multi faceted rather really good at what they do respectively. I would liken them to Neil peart as a drummer. Kinda like mastering grade 11 band class. Frank Gambale could out speed/technique all those guys with his eyes closed but could still sit in with a jazz/latin ensemble therefore is on a different playing field than guys like Wylde despite his overall sickness

i'm pretty opinionated on this subject tho wink.gif     just my1.5 cents

my fav album would either by 'hymn of the seventh galaxy' by return to forever or Miles Davis's 'the complete concert 1964' - jazz has not truly progressed since that night

heh, go listen to the cd "pride and glory" its a southern rock project of zakk wylde...... hes already shown hes the master smile.gif

theres nothing the man cant do:)

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2003, 11:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Nov 24 2003, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (EGOvoruhk @ Nov 24 2003, 07:18 PM)

i hope you mean one of FEW.. because very FEW can come close to zakk wylde smile.gif

No Shit!!!  I just picked up some of ozzy's album "no rest for the wicked" (which was his first album with zakk) and it has some of the most amazing guitar work I have ever heard.  Now Playing-Miracle Man. wink.gif

stiGGy

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2003, 03:17:00 AM »

laugh.gif

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2003, 08:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (jesterrace777 @ Nov 25 2003, 08:31 AM)
No Shit!!!  I just picked up some of ozzy's album "no rest for the wicked" (which was his first album with zakk) and it has some of the most amazing guitar work I have ever heard.  Now Playing-Miracle Man. wink.gif

heh, go get any of the black label society cd's, zakk is also amazing on them smile.gif

and go get the song called speedball off the BLS cd 1919 eternal, or atleast look up the guitar tabs for it, and tell me how insane it is tongue.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5