xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: L O T W #3: Story Of A Picture  (Read 1300 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
L O T W #3: Story Of A Picture
« on: December 24, 2006, 07:07:00 AM »

Haha, I guess "Women Drivers" wouldn't be good enough?

w2kj

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 07:36:00 AM »

"You gotta watch that ramp....It's got a wicked drop-off."

...Ok...really; I got nothin' but a title. sad.gif

_iffy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Dec 24 2006, 09:14 AM) View Post

Haha, I guess "Women Drivers" wouldn't be good enough?

<link> smile.gif

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »

<link>  smile.gif

Hahaha.......the simulation of the female parking is so realistic......I thought it was the real thing!  jester.gif

_iffy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

^true lies.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 07:41:00 AM »

I say postpone a couple days. Holidays and all.

If someone deleted it, I am sure you would know. You're a mod. It would only be courteous to let you know.

w2kj

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »

Very nice, metal.....very creative presentation too. beerchug.gif

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 06:36:00 PM »

Man, I was tossing a couple ideas around in my head. But, metaldevil went so far over the top ohmy.gif , what can I do that is even close.

I am not gonna let you win by default, but you just knocked me down a bit. That is good work!

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jan 1 2007, 10:43 PM) View Post

Man, I was tossing a couple ideas around in my head. But, metaldevil went so far over the top ohmy.gif , what can I do that is even close.

I am not gonna let you win by default, but you just knocked me down a bit. That is good work!

Not so fast!
Time for the trumpet (spelling?) return of CK to the LOTW (since I missed the last and by the grace of the gods this dealine was extended)!
First of all, metal WHAT app did you use for that? I must say it's fantastically done.  Is it some Pagemaker and Photoshop or just pure Photoshop?

Anyway, here we go so hand on (I know mine lacks in presentation and maybe.. err.. creativity but it's late wink.gif)

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »

My Lifesaving Stunt
So my friend and I were driving home from the Grand Canyon.  We see this dude and his truck hanging off of this mountain and only his boat is keeping him up!  So of course we take some pictures then see if there is anything we can do to help.  So we go over there and see there is a guy, conscious, in the driver's seat... the passenger seat was empty.
So I go in to the back of my 96 Ford Contour and get some rope.  By then all the people around him had left.  I assumed they had called 911 or maybe some other emergency had taken their attention since the man appeared fine at the time.  So I tie some rope around a rock and have my buddy hold it to be sure.  I start to climb down the mountain to get this guy out and he starts yelling at me he won't.  Saying something about it is his job.  So I manage to tell this guy if he doesn't let me get him I'm going to knock him out and pull him up myself.  So I get him to go up the rope and then I manage to get up it as well.

By the time I get up to the roadway again, I see the people back.  One of the guys has a really bad combover.  I'm talking bad, like THIS bad:
IPB Image
So, he starts screaming at me telling him I ruined one of the stunts in his movie.  Apparently the guy I had just saved was a stuntman and that's why he was yelling about the movies.  So I hopped in my Contour and raced away (but not too quickly because it's a Contour).
I get home and tell this story and it earns me a few pints at the bar.  I guess it was worth it. smile.gif

_________
Yeah I know it's not too good but oh well smile.gif

metal here: Fixed your image link. beerchug.gif
Catty here: Thanks smile.gif

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 08:57:00 PM »

All I wanted was a taste.

We arrived early in the morning. Dropped the boat down the ramp by the dock. We rode around for a bit pretty fast, making wakes. After a while we slowed down, dropped anchor and caught some fish. About midday we docked up by the shore and grilled up some of the fish we caught. I love fresh fish. I don't even need seasoning, I could eat a whole fish in 2 bites.

After lunch we played some music, played catch with a ball, and just hung out by the dwindling campfire used to cook the fish. All in all it was a good day.

So it was getting to be late afternoon, and I knew we had a long ride home. I know cause I got car sick on the way out here. So we packed up and headed home before it got too dark.

I had just got comfy in the passenger seat when I saw it. He was reaching into the cooler to pull out some leftover fish. All I wanted was a taste. I don't know what I did wrong, but all I heard was my master yelling "Bad Dog!"

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »

metaldevil: I'll Be Home In A Jiffy

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »

Metaldevil

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 11:47:00 PM »

I liked the presentation from metaldevil, but I prefered the story by throwingks...... so....

throwingks ftw

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »

metaldevil
I really like the way he wrote it as a newspaper story... but I have to say the presentation in Skipper WAS fantastic smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2