xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Literature of the Week  (Read 481 times)

metaldevil

• Archived User
Literature of the Week
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »

We need themes for the next two weeks. I forgot to calculate that the comic template contest will eat up one week for submissions and another week for voting. The comic LOTW will most likely be #7.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Literature of the Week
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 01:05:00 AM »

Here is a "poem" I recently wrote.  Its not very good but perhaps we could have a contest in the same style.  Each line has two words, and it relates to the general message, which is the first letter of each line read down.  Probably doesnt make sense so here is my example:

Saddened

Wilted mistletoe
Oblivious references
Nightly contemplation
Thoroughly exposed
Yellowed pages
Original contempt
Unyeilding challenge
Lonesome avatar
Outsider unwelcomed
Voracious interest
Empathic touch
Mysterious omen
Everything ends.

If you read it down it says "Wont you love me".  I dont know if there is a name for this style, its just something I did.  Only takes a few minutes to write, so we may get more entries.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Literature of the Week
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 17 2007, 05:58 AM) View Post

That's pretty cool, SP. Would you mind if we separated the lines to make the words easier to read? Like this:

Ya thats cool, when i wrote it it was supposed to be a hidden message, but with spaces it definitely works better.

metaldevil

• Archived User
Literature of the Week
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »

We have a comic template we can use for LOTW #6, but there are only speech bubbles in 5 of the 12 panels. It looks alright, but there isn't much writing to be done in it. I'm wondering if I should add more bubbles or make a new template altogether. Hmm... maybe each of us should make our own comic templates and fill them in ourselves.

Opinions? Ideas?
Pages: 1 [2]