xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Forum Rules and Information  (Read 271 times)

metaldevil

• Archived User
Forum Rules and Information
« on: November 11, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »

First, I'd like to welcome all of you to the literary forum. I'm sure you'll have a great time here. smile.gif

In this forum, you can discuss just about anything in print. This includes, but is not limited to, comic books, poetry, literature, technical/instructional manuals, how-to books, cooking, science, math, history, other subjects, magazines, newspapers, etc.

You can also post any writings of yours that you wish to share such as short stories or fan-fiction. Also, if you've written an essay and would like some advice or input on it, post what you're having trouble with and we'll give you some feedback on it.

For those of you offering criticism, make sure it's constructive. It doesn't do the people asking for help any good if you berate them or their work. Please use common decency when offering advice or feedback.
  • Above all, obey house rules.

• Do not request or offer to share any comic scans. The same goes for any books, ebooks, etc. Piracy is piracy regardless of the medium. It's fine to cite a passage from a book, although it's better to paraphrase (put it in your own words). At the moment, I see nothing wrong with posting a frame or even one full page from a comic that you have scanned as long as this privilege doesn't get abused (e.g., posting each page in a comic from start to finish).

• Some discussion concerning drugs is permitted, but use common sense when posting. For example, discussing an article in a magazine that says marijuana isn't a fatal drug is fine, but posting a recipe for synthetic cocaine will earn you a ban. Use discretion when posting.

If there's something you feel I've missed or something that you need clarification on, PM me. smile.gif

Read, write and enjoy yourselves here. smile.gif