xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Horizontal Lines During Gaming On New Plasma  (Read 877 times)

lostboyz

• Archived User
Horizontal Lines During Gaming On New Plasma
« on: January 03, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »

its called screen tearing and its not your TVs fault, it happens in some games when the processing cant keep up with the change of scenery on the screen.

Mikesshunk

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 07:10:00 AM »

I'm having a similar problem with my 19" LCD. When I watch TV hooked up through the component cables, there are 2 horizontal lines that move up the screen, regardless of wether the channel is HD or not . Even when the Comcast box is shut off it does the same thing but this only happens with component input. My coax and hdmi work fine. Do I have the same issue?

Mholt215

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »

You will actually mess up your TV if you keep playing it like that.. my friends TV has dead pixels on it now, like big white dots all over the screen even when watching TV and DVDs just from playing 360 so much on it.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »

lol, gullible is written on the ceiling too

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mholt215 @ Jan 9 2009, 08:40 PM) View Post

You will actually mess up your TV if you keep playing it like that.. my friends TV has dead pixels on it now, like big white dots all over the screen even when watching TV and DVDs just from playing 360 so much on it.

Ya, we reccomend not using a tv for gaming, use a peice of buttered toast instead. sad.gif

Spudknuckles

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(katzbalger @ Jan 3 2009, 08:38 PM) View Post

I got a new 32" Insignia Plasma(had no idea they were making plasmas that size now) for christmas, and I'm blown away with the picture quality, but when playing games on my 360Elite, I have noticed one little nagging thing that is getting to me.

When panning the view up and down in games like FarCry2 and Fallout 3(only games I've really run on it so far) I notice horizontal lines, almost like scan lines - just visible across the screen, especially across things like vegetation. Panning left and right does not produce a similar effect. I'm running through the supplied HDMI cable, at 720p. It's not a big issue really, but it's a bit of an annoyance given the outstanding picture quality otherwise. I can live with it, but if I can make it go away, I would really like to.

Any ideas?

Have had the same problem since getting a new samsung monitor to play my 360 on 1080p. Faint horizontal lines apear on dark backgrounds..been through 3 new hd cables to try to sort this prob out  but failed.

Having read other posts on this forum saying that they have replaced monitors and consoles..and still had lines, I had little hope of resolving the issue... However one last attempt at fixing this yielded the solution.

The plug  to both my monitor and 360 were connected to a multi-plug extension. I removed them from this and plugged them both directly to the wall socket. wooo problem solved..no more lines.