xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Does Hdmi Make A Big Difference?  (Read 598 times)

PhoenixGuard

• Archived User
Does Hdmi Make A Big Difference?
« on: October 03, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »

I just bought a new LCD TV, but my 360 is one of the older models that doesn't have HDMI. Is it worth getting a new xbox to get the HDMI input? Will I notice much difference between HDMI and Component?

I was thinking about just getting a 360 arcade and putting my old HD on it.

I got this Vizio LCD, if it makes a difference on the decision: Vizio XVT.

Thanks for the advice

thirdeye555

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 07:20:00 PM »

Sorry i can't be of any real help, but from what i've heard it does make quite a big difference, but I guess that is subjective.

I have the same question, I am going to upgrade to HD in a month or two and i just realized my xbox doesn't have hdmi so I also have to decide if it is worth it to purchase a new xbox.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(PhoenixGuard @ Oct 3 2008, 06:32 PM) View Post

I just bought a new LCD TV, but my 360 is one of the older models that doesn't have HDMI. Is it worth getting a new xbox to get the HDMI input? Will I notice much difference between HDMI and Component?

Thanks for the advice

I did the same thing, i went and traded my 360 in for a new arecade an kept my hard drive. The diffrence wasnt that big to me.  Im one of those people that always wants the best though so it wasnt a question. I have a 65inch DLP. Yours being an LCD you would probably get a larger benifit then i did, since you would be getting full digital pixel to pixel matching, which i am correct is a good thing for LCDs  biggrin.gif

The other thing using the hdmi did was open up some comonent slots for my wii and xbox 1.

mjoc13

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(PhoenixGuard @ Oct 3 2008, 06:32 PM) View Post

Thanks for the advice

It depends on your setup. The main advantage of HDMI is that the video and audio signals are in the same cable, so when hooking to your receiver you can dazy chain them right to the stereo then to the tv. I'm not sure if the 360 takes advantage of the hdmi 1.3 deep color feature, but if it does then thats another +

what i did is picked up a vga cable, since it can do 1080p and it allows for normal dvd upconverting.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »

it is possible that your tv only supports 720p through the component jacks or something odd like that. and dont get vga... its analog why go backwards in technology

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »

I hate to bump old threads - but someone reading this would get quite a bit of wrong information. Component can output at 1080p (provided the TV supports it). VGA is analog, and typically has double the bandwidth of component, though it's really hardly noticeable unless you're using a PC. HDMI offers the best picture (and DVI-D), since it is a pure digital signal. You should see a *significant* difference between VGA and HDMI - whether the difference is good or bad, that depends on your source, typically.

MrEs

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »

The other factor is that HDMI has GREAT sound!