xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Warning If Planning On Shopping At Best Buy Or Purchasing Their Serv  (Read 298 times)

BoNg420

• Archived User

id go to your nearest best buy store and get a little loud and tell them they are going to replace your television.  I wouldnt leave that store till they get you a new model and service plan on it.  Make threats like reporting them to the BBB and such.  They will most likely help you and try to get you out of the store

Movax

• Recovered User
A Warning If Planning On Shopping At Best Buy Or Purchasing Their Serv
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »

Print the letter out with a nice professional layout, make copies, and stand in front of your best buy store and hand out the letters to passing customers. That will get results.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »

Your first mistake was buying from best buy.  They are a bunch of pricks.  i dont buy anything from there unless I cant get it cheaper online or if I have some kind of coupon I have that is worth using.

fathom7411

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(XPxAxBxLxOX @ Jul 27 2008, 11:46 PM) View Post

Just to let you know that the first year is not covered by Best Buy's extended policy.  It always goes to the manufacturer.  Most companies now a days(Including best buy) will not except an exchange or return after the first 30 days.  Check your receipt.  To get better service(since its within the first year) is to call panasonic directly.  They can get you a service provider within ther concierge service.  

As of your problem with the seven blinks, its a very easy fix.  You won't be able to do it though.  When the repairs guys come out, they should have 3 boards with them the first time they come out.  If they don't, they are wasting your time and their's.  The 3 boards are named SC, SU and SD boards.   Make sure you tell panasonic that or the repair guys ahead of time so these boards can be ordered ahead of time.
Edit:

"On June 30, the TV technician came in my home and pulled the TV apart and after 45 minutes of looking through the instruction manual, he tells me that the parts to fix my TV would have to be ordered. He then assured me that “The Service Place” will contact me and inform me how long it will be before the required parts come in. Later that day, I called the Best Buy customer support and they explained that they would place my parts on rush and would contact me by July 3 to notify me on the status of these parts."
Are you kidding me on this.  That error codes tells me everything I need to know about your set.  Those technicians that came out are not trained properly.  If anything, they should of came out looked at the error code and knew exactly what to do.  Basically what they should of done was take the back off and on the left side of the back of the set, pulled the power on the SC board (Y Sus).  See if the set shut down and if it didn't, you found your problem.

Actually when I first received this problem I googled the seven flashing lights and found out the problem and found it was the SC,SU, and SD boards. I called The Service Place and let them know exactly what the problem was and told them which parts would fix it. Their response was " HAHA, well we will be the judge of that when we come out and look at the set. Just wait until Monday and we will see the problem. We have worked on a lot of Plasmas."

Thank you for all the responses. I do appreciate all of them. i have been in contact with BB's people and it is still a back and forth. Im bumping this so as many people can see this as possible and take from it what they will.

XPxAxBxLxOX

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 05:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(fathom7411 @ Jul 29 2008, 12:46 AM) View Post

Actually when I first received this problem I googled the seven flashing lights and found out the problem and found it was the SC,SU, and SD boards. I called The Service Place and let them know exactly what the problem was and told them which parts would fix it. Their response was " HAHA, well we will be the judge of that when we come out and look at the set. Just wait until Monday and we will see the problem. We have worked on a lot of Plasmas."

Thank you for all the responses. I do appreciate all of them. i have been in contact with BB's people and it is still a back and forth. Im bumping this so as many people can see this as possible and take from it what they will.

Those guys are retards.  Call panasonic directly.  They will get it fixed faster.

mafiafan123

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »

Bro i work at bestbuy its really just the store and the people that work there honestly should have gotten prp instead of a psp service plan that craps bs and half of the stuff sent back somethings not right. just a little inside advice and if your bored walk up to a register press f1 then ask for an employee id press 1 enter then scan an item and see how cheap an employee gets stuff off might blow ur mind wink.gif but yeah panasonic would def 100% faster when they wont replace it.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 09:17:00 AM »

The single board replacement should never have been carried out.
basically the only way to sort the issue is to replace the XSus, YSus and ZSus boards as a set. this is so common on all Plasma stuff that the tech must have been living in a cave.
Warranty repair agents for Panasonic are supposed to have full access to technical assist from Panasonic and must be authorised service centres. It sound like BB service agents are not Panasonic approved Warranty agents.
Our apprentice would know what the issue was.
You have had bad service and there is no excuse from BB or the service company.