xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1 Xbox 360, 2 Tvs  (Read 243 times)

Hoppy

• Archived User
1 Xbox 360, 2 Tvs
« on: December 15, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(bladezedge @ Dec 13 2007, 06:29 PM) View Post

yeah, so I was just wondering if its possible to hook up a 360 to 2 tvs so that you dont have to play split screen (each player plays on a diff tv). If it is possible, id really appreciate it if someone would tell me how. thanks...

You could split the video feed, but it won't be full screen on each tv, you'll still be able to see the other guys screen.

Reaper527

• Archived User
1 Xbox 360, 2 Tvs
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »

the only way to accomplish what you are after is with 2 360's and games that support system link.
as hoppy said, if you split the video, it simply sends a mirror image to both tv's, and thats not what your after.

CattyKid

• Archived User
1 Xbox 360, 2 Tvs
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »

Cardboard, tape, and putting people on different sides of it.  Or get 2 tvs, split the signal, and tape a piece of cardboard over the other guy's screen on each tv wink.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
1 Xbox 360, 2 Tvs
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »

there is equipment that will split the picture into two halves and send it to two separate screens... but that piece of equipment costs around $5200 for one that does HD video and about $2500 for one that does SD (seriously, I've looked it up)

OR

You could buy a 2nd console, a 2nd copy of the game and a cross over cable and hope the game supports system link. If it doesn't support system link you might as well just buy a couple of LIVE subscriptions since you're spending all kind of money on this ridiculous setup anyway, what's another 50 bucks.

-------------------------------------

The console would never be able to do well putting out two separate signals anyway because it would take TWICE as much processing power to handle the graphics in which case you'd be better off just buying another console.