xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Drawing  (Read 181 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
Drawing
« on: October 11, 2007, 05:12:00 PM »

http://bucko-desie.deviantart.com/gallery/

the latest 3, we have to do live model drawing in our class (yes nude), we had to do it last year as well

I'm like the worst drawer ever, but at least I try what you think...

We did some with Charcoal last week but they weren't so good..

Last year we used all pencil was boring this year we use things like Ezell's as well and different types of paper..

This post has been edited by bucko: Oct 12 2007, 12:20 AM

grim_d

• Archived User
Drawing
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Oct 12 2007, 12:12 AM) View Post

http://bucko-desie.d...rt.com/gallery/

the latest 3, we have to do live model drawing in our class (yes nude), we had to do it last year as well

I'm like the worst drawer ever, but at least I try what you think...

We did some with Charcoal last week but they weren't so good..

Last year we used all pencil was boring this year we use things like Ezell's as well and different types of paper..

life drawing sucks, it's so boring, i have to do advanced life drawing next semester.. great.

bucko

• Recovered User
Drawing
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 01:18:00 AM »

yer but I'm asking for feedback on da drawings, we have live drawing for 3 hours each week so it's not to bad.

SICKdimension

• Archived User
Drawing
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 05:48:00 AM »

Looks like you're proportions are decent. Next I would recommend focusing on adding some shading. After sketching out where you want the edges to be, then define them with shading.

Just for fun, here's a couple drawings of mine. My first class of college was drawing, so these are from that. I haven't drawn since that class though unfortunately. Maybe I'll try again sometime soon.
[Drawing 1] [Drawing 2]

bucko

• Recovered User
Drawing
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »

We did that this week (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif), I bought some charcoal colour pastels n used different pencils, we were in a classroom this week n she was only wearin black but we practised with shadows...

look at my gallery link in OP submitted some..

This post has been edited by bucko: Oct 20 2007, 10:02 PM

SICKdimension

• Archived User
Drawing
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »

Cool. About how long do you spend on each drawing? It looks like if you had more time, you could work more on it. In my class we would do many quick sketches, then end with one or two hour+ drawings, where you can focus on erasing and shading, etc. Once you have your rough lines, try erasing any outside marks and cleaning things up a bit.

bucko

• Recovered User
Drawing
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 05:37:00 AM »

We do some half an hour drawings, then quick 5 minute ones...I prefer the 5 minute ones to be honest tongue.gif, we need to draw in our own time but I haven't done that yet...