xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Logo Request  (Read 363 times)

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Logo Request
« on: July 23, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »

For those of you who are creative and like designing logos, here's a good one as I don't have many requirements:
Type of graphic (sig, avatar, banner): Logo
Colors:  flame red/orange OR a liquid metal type look
Text: VigilCode
Subtext:
Pics : none
anything else:

Basically I'm looking for a logo with the text VigilCode to possibly use on a website.  My only creative spark was to maybe use the O in the word "code" to be an eye.  Picturing more of a bloodshot eye to signify staying up all night.  For the size I'd say a typical logoish size would be fine, roughly 300x100.
Overall I want it to have a high tech feel (hence the liquid metal), maybe a background with 0's and 1's streaming, etc.  I have no hard requirements but "VigilCode" will be code used to monitor systems for reliability and security.  So for anyone who likes creative freedom with these types of guidelines please have a crack at this.. thanks.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »

wow... I was hoping you would respond.  there are a few others I hope post here too but so far I am impressed.  My only concern is I can't always use an animation so if it had to be static as well would you just not have the red going through it?

I Want More CowBell

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »

not quick enough for the edit...

IPB Image

LiL WiLsoN

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »

ill give a try

LiL WiLsoN

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »

i had something way better in mind not as simple as mine but i dont got photoshop so i couldnt do the sweet skills that photoshop can do with my paint.net (well jake2k can smile.gif ) but heres my crappy logo

IPB Image

its simple and cute (didnt mean to say that) dry.gif

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »

"any good artist can take criticism".
Hopefully this saying I just think I made up is true.
Keep in mind too that I honestly would use any of these as they are great but I'll try to use these as pro/con examples and maybe something more fitting will be produced.

For the first one that cowbell did, great, clean, with animation has a wow factor or coolness to it.  But I'm thinking more of computer networks reliability and security and this makes me think of Grand Theft Auto so maybe would be great for a car security logo.  I'd take this and try to make it more corporate classy less uhm whatever the opposite of that is.  Maybe if bullet holes were replaced with a circuit board stamp kind of embossed on it.  

Second one cowbell did, again impressive but too like a badge.  In other words I'd have to be carefull what kind of background I put it on as with the cut off ropes or strings it could look weird or like it was missing the rest of it.  Also don't like the rope or whatever running through the text cause it take a second now to process the work VigilCode and I need clear readability at a glance.  This logo can be web page with animation but I'd also like to apply it to letterhead and a business card one day so it has to flexible and generally simple.  I do like the crosshatch in the lettering of this one.  Unique, classy, simple.

the one by Lil wilson, I agree simple and cute, which I like.  I also like the grid lines as i see them on engineering technical papers and makes me think of precision which is good.  I think the text is too small within the area though.  I need this to be more text design with a subtle background that won't take away from the foreground.

Overall, great.  If no more tries were made I'd be 100% better off than where I was.  If more tries are coming then hopefully these responses hope me get closer to the unobtainable perfect logo that I'm sort of picturing but can't.   biggrin.gif

have fun with it!

saunders73

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »

IPB Image

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »

Ah, another nice one.  Pros: simple, clean, subtle, professional.  The eye is more subtle than I thought it could be so I like it.  Cons: think reflection is a little too distracting, overall probably a little too simple than what I need.

This is probably the hardest way to create something for someone as I've given guidelines but nothing concrete.  It's like you have creative freedom, but in a cage.  

Great job so far, keep 'em coming! beerchug.gif

pitbullz

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »

a bit rusty but i figured id have a go at it

IPB Image

SC10-E

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(I Want More CowBell @ Jul 24 2007, 02:35 PM) View Post

IPB Image

Pitbullz, I like yours alot.

How bout it, mrRobinson?

LiL WiLsoN

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »

cowbells 3rd one is da best its up to u tho

I Want More CowBell

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(SC10-E @ Jul 24 2007, 02:19 PM) View Post

Pitbullz, I like yours alot.

How bout it, mrRobinson?

you like pitbullz but you quoted mine, lol

thanks murda for that compliment :beers:

SC10-E

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(I Want More CowBell @ Jul 24 2007, 03:37 PM) View Post

you like pitbullz but you quoted mine, lol

thanks murda for that compliment :beers:

whoops! sorry lol.
 I like yours alot too Cowbell

LiL WiLsoN

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »

np

and u make ur own skateboard decks? (offtopic)

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Logo Request
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »

We're getting even better now.  
pitbullz was the first one I think that gave it the computer tech feel I was looking for.  I also love that dark type red color.  Metallic text very nice.  

Same deal with cowbell's third one.  computer tech is there again but don't think text on the angle like that suits me.  

I'm wondering if you guys can make one without it being defined so clearly by a rectangle.
Like see the xbox-scene logo above.  Obviously its a square image but you can't tell.  
Could someone maybe do the vigilcode letters out of what looks like a circuit board and then vertically behind that  have streaming 0's and 1's like matrix style that fade to translucent at the edges so that nothing is really defined by a square.  Then if the background was transparent I could put it on black or white background web page and it should still look great.  I also don't want to give up on the potential for the O to be an eye.  if the letters are circuit board then maybe an red glowing eye like how it would look if it was an LED.

sorry about all the details but I do enjoy looking at all these so the more that come in the better.
Pages: [1] 2