xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Couple New Signatures...  (Read 108 times)

n00bFRAGGER

• Archived User
A Couple New Signatures...
« on: May 21, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »

Been very busy lately, and this huge monitor doesn't have a resolution like a real computer monitor, but how do I fix it? I hook up another monitor! Right now I can move a window from one monitor to the next... Anyways, I found this render a while ago but haven't really had the chance to make it look good.

IPB Image

Here is my simple signature, a PNG with the FreeBooter Script font:
IPB Image

The next I wanted to experiment with a transparent background to make it look like it was burned:
IPB Image

Comments?

DrumMasterFlash

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 04:24:00 AM »

Looks good.

Your transparent background diddnt work though. it just came out grey. Did you save it as a .gif, cause if you didn't it wont show transparency. But anyways keep on the good work.

Hazanko

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 04:48:00 AM »

pretty cool pieces there nf smile.gif
@DMF: they are saved as png's, you should really upgrade to FireFox, and leave your Internet Explorer behind :/ PNG's are the best for transparency, but they don't work in IE, only in "better" web browsers.

n00bFRAGGER

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »

Here's the original Halo render that I used. It was made by a site called Freefallgraphics.com:

LINK

w2kj

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »

Dang good lookin' stuff nF.  beerchug.gif

Keep up the good work.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hazanko @ May 22 2006, 01:55 AM) View Post

@DMF: they are saved as png's, you should really upgrade to FireFox, and leave your Internet Explorer behind :/ PNG's are the best for transparency, but they don't work in IE, only in "better" web browsers.

Or you can break ur computer with a beta version of IE7, lol. And I doubt Firefox will ever be the standard, so I'll never use it exlusively (although I do use both IE and FF). FF still has issues with displaying Styles correctly (among other things) on alot of sites.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hazanko @ May 22 2006, 06:55 AM) View Post

A graphic is displayed via the computers drivers, video card, monitor, etc etc. A web browser just tells the computer what to display (image wise) not specifically HOW to display it.

awal

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(thewickedjester @ May 22 2006, 05:25 PM) View Post

A graphic is displayed via the computers drivers, video card, monitor, etc etc. A web browser just tells the computer what to display (image wise) not specifically HOW to display it.

The browser renders the image, and what he said is true, png's show up differently in firefox and IE unsure.gif