xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?  (Read 1258 times)

C89ZX7R

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2006, 11:49:00 PM »

coming for copy right protection in the year 2052
IPB Image

icedemon360

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2006, 12:27:00 AM »

If people start distributing these movies in h.264 this early, then I suppose alot of money wasted on the AACS.

Heet

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2006, 12:30:00 AM »

http://www.shoutwire..._Wars_is_Piracy

smile.gif

Could care less about hd dvd, but thought this was kinda fitting.

krawhitham

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2006, 01:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heet @ Dec 28 2006, 08:37 AM) View Post

http://www.shoutwire..._Wars_is_Piracy
 smile.gif
Could care less about hd dvd, but thought this was kinda fitting.

The author does not have a clue, yes HD-dvd & Blu-Ray movies can be downloaded all over the place but they can not be played yet.  And this software released today is nothing, it will decrypt EVO files if you have the title KEY, and the program does not find or create the needed key instead the guy behind the software says to read the AACS guide lines and figure out how to get the keys yourself

kalle_19

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2006, 02:56:00 AM »

Why does the video say "Stay tuned for source code in January"? The source is already out!  uhh.gif

Edit: nvm, he means the source code for extracting the Title Keys.

quaker5567

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2006, 03:13:00 AM »

This hack uses the title key, not the player key meaning that the player key cannot be revoked as it's not known. The only thing the movie studios could do would be to revoke the title key which would mean the the actual HD-DVD wouldn't work in future players which is pointless and would result in lawsuits.

The Zep Man

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2006, 03:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(luther349 @ Dec 28 2006, 04:46 AM) View Post

its drm so its illagle lawsuit will come. but it is a majer blow to all this drm shit.
lololol i liv in teh u s of a and now wil not hav teh buttsechs lol11!111

Seriously, not everyone lives on that overrated continent. The world is a lot bigger than North America, and on most of it you can use this hack without any legal consequences (as long as you own the original movie, off course).

The whole system of title/player keys simply will never work. Once HD-DVD/Blu-Ray gets popular, an online database will be created and hosted inside a country with no laws about cryptographic keys. People can upload and download title/player keys for their modified HD-DVD player/PC. I can even imagine that a piece of software will be available for the PC which will download the correct key(s) once you insert an original/copied HD-DVD, which will be used to play the disc. It also might even be possible to automatically upload the correct keys from original HD-DVD discs so others can use them.

If the title key gets banned, who cares? As long as you have the key, you can play it. If the key of your player gets banned (and newer titles won't play anymore), simply upload a new player key into the firmware/software. Just wait until cheap HD-DVD/Blu-Ray players from China will arrive pre-loaded with keys which come from expensive Philips/Sony players. rolleyes.gif

Obveron

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2006, 05:04:00 AM »

I'm not sure this is a victory for HD-DVD.  Won't this push studios to Blu-Ray since it still has extra 'uncracked' (so far) DRM's?
QUOTE(rasstar @ Dec 28 2006, 04:44 AM) View Post

No about backing up an HD movie. How much is an HD burner and who said they will even play in a HD player. So if all you can do is store 20 gigs per movie on your hard drive what will be the use.

It just provides a higher quality source for backups than DVD.  I don't think anyone would be interested in keeping the files in a 20gb uncompressed format.  HDDivx or HDxvid or h.264.  Even a small HR (540p) backup would be nice.
BTW, HR (540p) xvid's play smoothly on XBMC!

gronned

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2006, 05:13:00 AM »

As much as I think a lot of you are bullshitting about your absolute need to backup every disc you've bought, I really do think they deserve to get pirated because they can't fix discs(or cartridges) that're solid and can last for more than 5 years. If they could make the software safe, they wouldn't get that punch in the face.

celicagt1993

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2006, 05:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(anarchron @ Dec 28 2006, 07:43 AM) View Post

Well, look at PC games. Most of them don't have DRM crap and yet they still sell.

Lets think back a few years.....  actually about 15 years or so.  DRM is for Digital....  not analog.  Since digital has come into our lives and has taken over everything from video, to pictures, to music, it has now become easier to "share" this information.  Think back about 15 years ago, before cd's really became big, and we were all using tapes....  well, maybe 20 years, but anway.  Lets say i went out and bought a new Bon Jovi tape....  it's really cool....  i let my friends hear it, and they want it.  so you make 5-10 copies, and they make copies, and more copies.  This might hit about 100 people before the quality is so bad it isn't usiable.  Now with digital, you can now copy it as many times as you want, and it doesn't degrade, PLUS one person can now hit millions of people.  

I personally agree with fair use.  If i have bought the digtal format of "xxxxxxx" music, i would like to play it on my computer, my mp3 player, my cd player, my usb stick at work, and so on and so on.  but is you can use it that many places, whos to say you can't send it to a friend, easier now than before....  they also say that DRM keeps honest people honest.  back in the day that i would share tapes with friends, i didn't know it was illegal to do this.  my parents may have, but they did the same.  when you make it hard for me and them to do this, they figure....  well, i might be able to do this since it's not easy.

anyway, my two cents.

Hami

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

Has anyone tried this yet?

I have the M$ HD player hooked up and have installed the toshiba drivers and the drive is recognised by windows.
I am habing problems with java atm.
Can anyone offer help?

Please email me : [email protected]

EDIT:

I have it working now but dont have the cyberlink software. Does anyone have keys for any of the following software?

Full Metal Jacket (PAL)
Super Man Returns (PAL)
KING KONG (PAL)
NL Xmas vacation (PAL)

Thanks in advance

EDIT: and now you are banned. Asking for KEYS to any of the new HD or BD format movies will get you all banned. General discussion is one thing.. but as soon as it smells like piracy you'll be banned with no warnings. The rules are clear.. and are posted.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2006, 06:55:00 AM »

Allow me a moment to make perfectly clear... anyone ASKING for.. or offering the Keys to these HD or BD movies, will find their accounts summarily banned with no warning. The Rules are posted, and they are clear.

Same goes for asking for commercial software that can be used as part of this process.

If you guys consider yourself pirates.. be smart and go find the new tools of your trade. Don't ask for them here.

metaphaze

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »

Very exciting, I bet the folks at PowerDVD are going to be getting a telephone call from Mr. Jack Valenti  jester.gif

GuntherMP5

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(HSDEMONZ @ Dec 28 2006, 09:02 AM) View Post

Allow me a moment to make perfectly clear... anyone ASKING for.. or offering the Keys to these HD or BD movies, will find their accounts summarily banned with no warning. The Rules are posted, and they are clear.

I am actually surprised that you are allowing a post in the forums about it.  There are many other forums that allow but xbox-scene has always been rather strict on the subject matter.

You might better off just stopping the post all together and letting people just go elsewhere for this particular subject as unlike flashing the firmware and enhancing your 360 DVD drive this is pretty much for only one reason and rather than create a head ache for you to constantly moderating posts removing this and that and banning users ( granted they should no better! )

To EVERYONE saying I am being a party pooper, Xbox-Scene is a great site for modding and technical issues, but this subject alone is very grey at best. Just go to one of the other forum sites ( you should know which ones) and DL the program discuss it there) , you might even get the other things you are looking for , but doing it here just seems to be a hassle for the MOD's and You!

P.S> I am not Anti-BACKUPHDDVD, I will be using this software myself! Just don't feel this is the proper place for it.

Just my thought in the matter

throwingks

• Archived User
HD-DVD AACS DRM Cracked?
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(GuntherMP5 @ Dec 28 2006, 11:18 AM) View Post
I am actually surprised that you are allowing a post in the forums about it.  There are many other forums that allow but xbox-scene has always been rather strict on the subject matter.

You might better off just stopping the post all together and letting people just go elsewhere for this particular subject as unlike flashing the firmware and enhancing your 360 DVD drive this is pretty much for only one reason and rather than create a head ache for you to constantly moderating posts removing this and that and banning users ( granted they should no better! )

To EVERYONE saying I am being a party pooper, Xbox-Scene is a great site for modding and technical issues, but this subject alone is very grey at best. Just go to one of the other forum sites ( you should know which ones) and DL the program discuss it there) , you might even get the other things you are looking for , but doing it here just seems to be a hassle for the MOD's and You!

P.S> I am not Anti-BACKUPHDDVD, I will be using this software myself! Just don't feel this is the proper place for it.

Just my thought in the matter
This isn't xbox-scene anymore. It is scenyx, and scenyx deals with homebrew and backups for all types of media. This would potentially enhance the Xbox360 w/HD-DVD add-on and the PS3. There is even a section for MSNTV2.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6