xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Halo movie  (Read 320 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Halo movie
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

Posted by XanTium | October 23 09:48 EST

From gamesindustry.biz:

Microsoft has confirmed that plans to produce a film based on hit Xbox title Halo are still going ahead, despite the decision of Universal and Fox to pull out of the project.

Microsoft has released an official statement via the Bungie website which reads: "We are disappointed that Universal and Fox wanted to significantly renegotiate the financial points of the deal. But the Halo franchise is hugely popular and our goal remains the same - to find a partner that shares our passion and will creatively collaborate with us to best represent the story and spirit of the Halo franchise.

"Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and the rest of the creative team are dedicated to ensuring the Halo movie becomes a reality," the statement continues.
"We are already in discussions with potential partners who recognise the value of the Halo brand and its appeal to consumers worldwide."

Read More: gamesindustry.biz

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:16:00 AM »

Word up! IPB Image

R-Dawggy Dawg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »

i want to see samuel l jackson in dis..... WHERE THE FUCK ARE THOSE FUCKIN PLASMA GRENADES COMING FROM GOD DAMNIT!

Killa Kastro

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(R-Dawggy Dawg @ Oct 23 2006, 09:36 AM) View Post

i want to see samuel l jackson in dis..... WHERE THE FUCK ARE THOSE FUCKIN PLASMA GRENADES COMING FROM GOD DAMNIT!

LOL He would be a Perfect General!  beerchug.gif

Is this gonna be a real life movie or animated?  unsure.gif

yourM0M

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »

damn universal and fox must be the dumbest fucking studios in the world.....how would they pull out of a franchise that is apart of the #1 selling game in history......seriously even if the movie sucked they would still make ten fold the prodution costs..... oh well heres to bungie and m$ producing it independently  beerchug.gif

QUOTE(Killa Kastro @ Oct 23 2006, 03:30 PM) View Post

Is this gonna be a real life movie or animated?  unsure.gif

real life

Java2233

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

Its still going WOO

Its just got shitty production, shitty directing, shitty production costs.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(yourM0M @ Oct 23 2006, 03:32 PM) View Post

real life

seems a little silly. Since it will be 99% CGI anyway.

nectar12

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »

if its anything like Doom its gonna be sweet!!! and by sweet i mean suck balls.

Neoistheone2000

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(yourM0M @ Oct 23 2006, 10:32 AM) View Post

damn universal and fox must be the dumbest fucking studios in the world.....how would they pull out of a franchise that is apart of the #1 selling game in history......seriously even if the movie sucked they would still make ten fold the prodution costs..... oh well heres to bungie and m$ producing it independently  beerchug.gif
real life

hmm real life = live action

QUOTE(Alkane @ Oct 23 2006, 10:47 AM) View Post

I have a hard time seeing Halo as a movie unless its done along the lines of Batman Begins.  Halo's universe is interesting but not that interesting.  If you like Resident Evil quality movies I guess it could be good for you.  I for one hate most game movie adaptions.  I see it coming out like the Doom movie lol -- utter ridiculous crap lol.

Movies are more risky to development vs games -- games can be market tested and reworked through production.  Microsoft is asking for a lot of control and a big chunk of the movie revenues which is differently going to make it unattractive to movie studios.  I just don't see a Pokemon like following for Halo anymore that could justify the risk in making a movie, especially if they want to go all out.  But what do I know, I'm no expert ; )

if they do it by the books like make a series of movies starting form the fall of reach it would be almost perfect the halo book series was the only books i ever enjoyed reding

zX_Storm

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(yourM0M @ Oct 23 2006, 10:32 AM) View Post

No, I call them brilliant. Did you happen to read WHY they are pulling out? The figures that M$ want in PROFIT from this movie is OUTRAGEOUS. No sane studio would ever produce a movie to such a greedy company. M$ is already the largest cash cow in the world, why the freak would any studio want to give them such a high profit margin. *cough* Halo isn't the #1 selling game in history. And they were talking $250 million in production costs.. no way would they make even over $500 million on the movie.. I sure as heck wouldn't pay to see it.

GLiTcH

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »

hope they make it like halo wars trailer. that looked good .. no live action crap, cause that would suck ..