xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Snakes On A Plane  (Read 252 times)

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Snakes On A Plane
« on: August 14, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »

http://www.snakesonaplane.com/

WTF?  I used to think Sam Jackson was cool... but honestly...how was this movie even made?
Somewhere along the way, one would think, that someone would have pointed out the fact that this movie is ridiculously stupid.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Snakes On A Plane
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 02:29:00 AM »

im pretty sure the movie was made BECAUSE its rediculously stupid...

yaazz

• Archived User
Snakes On A Plane
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 05:45:00 AM »

"theres some motherfuckin' snakes on this motherfuckin' plane" laugh.gif

Sam Jackson gets major cool points for this film

I read somewhere that Sam Jackson refused to star in this film UNLESS they called it Snakes on a Plane

henmill

• Archived User
Snakes On A Plane
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

I can't tell if this movie is supposed to be funny or serious action.  The movie industry seems to be going downhill in my book.  All I see is remake after remake after sequel after comic book after video game (not referring to Snakes on a Plane: that would be classified under sh!t, along with my Super Ex-Girlfriend).

Does anyone else agree?

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Snakes On A Plane
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Aug 15 2006, 01:36 AM) View Post

im pretty sure the movie was made BECAUSE its rediculously stupid...

Well, the way I took it from the trailer is that its supposed to be a serious action flick.  I am all for campy/cheezy flicks, but this one to me, reeks of lameness with intent to be sweet.  Perhaps I took it all wrong.  It seems to me that someone thought it would be uber frightening if you take someones fear of flying..... and combine it with their fear of snakes... to be the scariest movie of all time.  That, to me isnt frightening, what frightens me is the people who actually go to see this movie.  Thats gotta be one seriously fugly bunch.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Snakes On A Plane
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »

which commercials have you been seeing? ive been seeing the 'its finally here!' type ones that show its banking on its psuedo-cult status...

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Snakes On A Plane
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »

http://progressive.s...r_1A_700_dl.wmv

^^^Thats the only one i've seen, its the same that they show on TV up here.

G0t M4xx 21

• Archived User
Snakes On A Plane
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

I just went and saw it...

AWESOME movie!!! It was hilarious!!!

Seriosuly, I was expecting it to suck pretty bad, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, it was definitely pretty cheezy, but it was the good kind that made the whole audience cheer and clap every 5 minutes, not the "omg this movie is so stupid i can feel my brain rotting away" kind of cornyness.

I would highly reccoment going and seeing it (preferably with a large group of people like I did)

And yes, theres a pretty decent sex scene in the airplane bathroom (I won't spoil the rest...)

Arvarden

• Archived User
Snakes On A Plane
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »

Part two is going to be called Anaconda on a Honda.

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
Snakes On A Plane
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »

^thought it was gonna be bears on a boat
QUOTE(G0t M4xx 21 @ Aug 19 2006, 07:10 AM) View Post

I just went and saw it...
AWESOME movie!!! It was hilarious!!!

Seriosuly, I was expecting it to suck pretty bad, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, it was definitely pretty cheezy, but it was the good kind that made the whole audience cheer and clap every 5 minutes, not the "omg this movie is so stupid i can feel my brain rotting away" kind of cornyness.

I would highly reccoment going and seeing it (preferably with a large group of people like I did)

And yes, theres a pretty decent sex scene in the airplane bathroom (I won't spoil the rest...)

agreed, it was the best movie ever!  pop.gif

CattyKid

• Archived User
Snakes On A Plane
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Arvarden @ Aug 19 2006, 01:35 PM) View Post

Part two is going to be called Anaconda on a Honda.

You get Kudos for that.
That was VERY clever smile.gif

I saw Samuel L on the Daily Show the other day.  They showed the:
"I am sick and tired of these motherfuckin' snakes on this motherfuckin' plane" and I almost had a bladder problem.
I gotta see this.

Apparently when our friend Sam signed up for the movie it was by a director that he knew would make the movie the cheesiest ever... then that guy got fired.

But I want to see this SOOO bad... and G0t M4xx just made it worse wink.gif

G0t M4xx 21

• Archived User
Snakes On A Plane
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 01:19:00 AM »

To quote somebody from the TOTSE BBS (which I frequent often):

Wow, are you guys fucking kidding me? No one is going to be disappointed by this film. At least the people who went to the shows tonight. Everyone is screaming, cheering. Its completely insane. It was the funnest movie experience of my life.

It was inSANE. And the movie itself was pretty damn good, seriously. It was funny, intentionally, and also had a few scary ass parts, which were also pretty fucking funny.

Basically, this movie seriously lived up to its expectation, got the job done, and at the same time, provided me with the funnest experience I have ever had at a movie theatre.

So please don't shit on my parade.

Everyone was throwing snakes, shouting, laughing, cheering, clapping, screaming. It was loud as hell. Just amazing.

So basically, if you're a bitch, you won't have fun.

My experience at the movie was very similar

another funny quote from the movie:

"snake, get off my dick"

biggrin.gif

edit - more responses from the thread on TOTSE:

Also, seeing it opening night was the right idea. EVERYONE was drunk off their ass, some guys even found a way to get a keg in. People were dressed up as Sammy L, captains, flight attendants, a few people were planes. At every interesting part, at least 20 rubber snakes or gummi worms were thrown into the air. And after the famous "I've had it" line, apparently the ammount of people who yelled it out along with Sammy L. were so loud that the entire rest of the theaters and the restaurant below it complained.

It was the sole greatest experience of my young life.