xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Name That Film  (Read 1062 times)

vikod

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 09:01:00 AM »

pauly shore's opus - Son-in-Law

AmAzInG DuDe!!!!!........had been breakin my head for quite sometime!!!!!!

thx a million!!!  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif

XPxAxBxLxOX

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 12:17:00 AM »

I don't know if anyone goes into this thread anymore, but here goes...

There is a movie that Im curious about.  I can't give any clues to the movie except that the intro song is that "Under Pressure (You know Vanilla Ice remade it into a rap song)."

Thats all I can really give.  A couple of my friends tell me that its a chick flick and the movie was made in about the mid 90's.  I don't know if its true.

Everytime I hear that song, it bugs the hell out of me.

Thanks

This post has been edited by XPxAxBxLxOX: Nov 11 2005, 08:18 AM

lordvader129

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »

i think girl next door had under pressure in it, not sure if it opened with it, certainly wasnt mid 90s though

@ gcskate: you did not just use pauly shore and opus in the same sentence, what is the world coming to?

and a movie that ive been thinking about, i could probably find it if i looked hard enough but i gues sill ask here and give you guys soemthing to do, lol

it was a group of boys who went on some trek to find the body some other kid who i guess got hit by a train, i think one of them died on the way, i keep thinking of the fat kid from sandlot, but i might just be confusing scenes of this movie with the sandlot, all those "group of boys" have the same cookie-cutter fat kid (and the one with glasses)

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »

lordvader maybe it was "Stand by Me"

i also have a movie theres a kid and theres a spaceship that looks like a chrome walnut he has to go back in time or something but when he comes back he has a little creature with him and he gets on a row boat with his family thats all i can remember i saw it about 9 years ago

LANDON14

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »

O.k. I've got one thats been bugging me for at least 10 yrs or better. Here's what I remember:     I believe I had first seen this movie about 12 to 15 yrs ago. It was an animated (but not really a cartoon) movie that had to be written and animated by a staff on LSD  tongue.gif  It was about an evil character that wanted to put everyone to sleep via chemical bombs and have nightmares forever. There was a hero that looked kinda like a small dog with wings and he had a sidekick about which I can't remember much detail. They end up saving the day by stopping the villain from launching the bombs by pressing the red button that was dubbed "The Big Red One"

If anyone has any clue to the movie I'm describing I would be floored and appreciative beyond words!      
                                            beerchug.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxhackern00b @ Nov 14 2005, 09:22 PM)
i also have a movie theres a kid and theres a spaceship that looks like a chrome walnut he has to go back in time or something but when he comes back he has a little creature with him and he gets on a row boat with his family thats all i can remember i saw it about 9 years ago

flight of the navigator

LANDON14

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxhackern00b @ Nov 14 2005, 09:22 PM)

I think I know the one your talking about.....can't remember the name but if its the same one I'm thinking of then it was made by Disney. Was the spaceship Automated?

EDIT:  gcskate27 hit it while I was posting....good job!

This post has been edited by LANDON14: Nov 15 2005, 03:51 AM

chorizo1

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Nov 15 2005, 01:14 AM)
i keep thinking of the fat kid from sandlot,

Would you believe that The Fat Kid in STAND BY ME is Jerry O' Connell from SLIDERS and Crossing Jordan Shows.  blink.gif

This post has been edited by chorizo1: Nov 15 2005, 03:53 AM

lordvader129

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ Nov 14 2005, 07:59 PM)
Would you believe that The Fat Kid in STAND BY ME is Jerry O' Connell from SLIDERS and Crossing Jordan Shows.  blink.gif

dont forget joes apartment smile.gif

its weird, ive actually heard of all the kids in the movie an dknow them from other stuff, its weird to see child actors that had careers (well sortof for most of the kids) after their child movie, lol

LANDON14

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(LANDON14 @ Nov 14 2005, 09:50 PM)
O.k. I've got one thats been bugging me for at least 10 yrs or better. Here's what I remember:     I believe I had first seen this movie about 12 to 15 yrs ago. It was an animated (but not really a cartoon) movie that had to be written and animated by a staff on LSD  tongue.gif  It was about an evil character that wanted to put everyone to sleep via chemical bombs and have nightmares forever. There was a hero that looked kinda like a small dog with wings and he had a sidekick about which I can't remember much detail. They end up saving the day by stopping the villain from launching the bombs by pressing the red button that was dubbed "The Big Red One"

If anyone has any clue to the movie I'm describing I would be floored and appreciative beyond words!     
                                            beerchug.gif

C'mon....somebody.....anybody????    beerchug.gif

chorizo1

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(LANDON14 @ Nov 17 2005, 01:06 AM)
C'mon....somebody.....anybody????    beerchug.gif

WIZARDS maybe?

LANDON14

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ Nov 19 2005, 06:23 PM)
WIZARDS maybe?

Unfortunately....no. But thanks for making an attempt!  beerchug.gif
Anyone else?????  unsure.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2005, 12:29:00 AM »

now before you read this, i know its not what im going to say... yellow submarine sounds mighty similar though... they might have just been ripping the storyline/design...

gadgetHacks_er

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2006, 11:42:00 PM »

Okay, this hasn't been all that long ago. Maybe... 10 years, if that?

The movie was about some kind of alien. The setting was a military base (I believe). All I remember about these "things" are that they looked like wads of spaghetti. They had tentacles and they went in this chich while she was relaxing in the bath tub. I believe she was in on-base housing and these "things" were in the ceiling (I think). In one part the whole base goes completely psychotic because of these things.

Can anyone help?

adfinder23

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2006, 11:35:00 PM »

Okay guys, I went through your movies and looked for some while I was looking for mine, but no success.

But here are some of mine:

1. I saw this movie when I was extremely young, so it was probably a really early 80's or late 70's movie. I just remember people trapped in a house and lions were all around it and trying to get in. People got eaten. Then they built a cage out of materials in the house, I think one looked like an iron gate, and they got inside and walked it out to safety. I have had this movie in my head for 20 years.

2. This is an old horror movie, again early or mid 80's, but could have been made late 70's. It started with kids at a high school and the popular kids were in gym class and they left to mess with some nerd's chemistry stuff. When the nerd went in and started working it exploded and he burned up, perhaps supposedly died, i don't know. Fast forward to what I think was a class reunion and the only people there were the kids responsible for the accident. They go on to party anyway, but then they all begin to die off one by one. Great stuff.

3. This one I have very little details about. I used to watch a lot of scary movies as a kid at my grandmas. I'm pretty sure it was when FOX was first starting out and they'd play scary movies during the day on saturday or sunday. The theme song for their scary movie hours was cut from Led Zeppelin's, Whole Lot of Love. Anybody else remember scary movie days on FOX with the screams from Whole Lot of Love? Anyway, it was on a ship or cargo ship and I think people were being murdered. The only thing I really remember is someone going overboard on a net that was on the side. Don't remember if she/he was alive or dead.

4. This one was same era again, one of the old race across the country cannon baller type movies. I think there was that fast talking, skinny nerd with the big glasses from all the 80's movies. For some reason I think he had a twin and they rode mopeds. There was also a bunch in a van. I remember they had to find clues for the race and as they were going up a glass elevator at a hotel they saw the clue written in the chairs and tables outside, probably by the pool.

Some others I was thinking of, but found while searching.

Anybody remember the movie where the kids build a spaceship using junk. There was a tv and one of those carnival ride things. And somehow they were sent from space or built themselves a forcefield that allowed them to go to space. It had a dorky River Phoenix in it. It was called the Explorers.

The other one I was going to describe had a rat boy in it. I found it. It's called Ratboy.

The other involved a group of kids that fought all the major monsters. They had silver bullets for werewolves, etc. I found out it was called Monster Squad.

A couple other movies I already remembered, but stumbled across either way.

Anybody remember Labryinth. It had David Bowie and a very young Jennifer Connely. Now that was a fucked up movie. And similar to that was Dark Crystal.

Since I was so young, none of these movies will probably be good anymore, but damn it I want to know anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5