xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Name That Film  (Read 1060 times)

OmikoJosen

• Archived User
Name That Film
« on: October 24, 2013, 01:50:00 AM »

Restless Natives is a nice comedy movie. I like it very much.

LESTAT

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »

Ok i figured i'd start this for people like me who cant remember where i put my car keys let alone a movie i saw 20 years ago.

Maybe we can make this a sticky or long running thread.

this will basically be a thread where if you cant recall a movie or film you saw, then come here and ask us and maybe we can help you remember it.

Be as descriptive as you can, tell us approximately when you saw it last or when you think it was made. Actors or actresses in it, and anything else that will help us help you remember.

When replying to a person with whom you want to help address them directly so people know you are trying to help that particular person with their movie question

If possible post a link from www.imdb.com so we can look to see if its the one we are thinking of.

So i'll start this off.

This is a movie i saw a couple of times when i was a kid. Early 80's maybe even 1978-80 maybe 82-84 i dont recall.

Its about a woman who develops a growth on her back and the Dr's can't figure out what it is.
The go thru this and that and cant remove it. When they try and remove it, i THINK i remember the Dr's being hurt by IT.
She's in the hospital and this growth just keeps getting bigger and bigger until its like she is giving birth from her back. She later on becomes somewhat possessed by IT.
What it ends up being is this ancient Indian Medicine man trying to reincarnate himself. And he does from what i recall.
As a kid i thought this was a very freaky scarey and good movie and i have for years and years been trying to figure out wth this movie was.

I cant say for sure when it was made or who was in it, all i can say is i saw it on TV when i was a kid, but exactly when i cant say,, probably sometime between '78-'84.

Anyone want to take a stab at this and try and help me remember what movie this is.

Shoue

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »

The Manitou is the name of it I believe

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077904/
 pop.gif

green_beetle

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 12:34:00 AM »

done  smile.gif

Code-Red

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »

There are two movies here that I cant remember:

1. This was a mech warrior or macross style movie, except with live actors in it. I can remember they were working on one of the mechs, and they went out to fight, and a mech got thrown in the audience. That about all I can remember of that.

2. This was a Disney or a Neverending story style movie. I remember there was a kid inside a house, and he walked up some stairs into a ceiling door. The movie opened with a kid inside his house doing choires or something, then he started dreaming. Later in a movie, someone jumped out a window and flew with their pants or shirt....

Sorry about the lack of details, these movies have been going through my head for years and Ive wanted to see them since. I must have been about 4 or 5 when I saw them.

LESTAT

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shoue @ Jun 6 2005, 12:41 AM)
The Manitou is the name of it I believe

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077904/
 :popcorn:

dude no way how the hell did you do that !

hahah awesome!!!!

thank you very much.. i looked at the imdb page but i didnt need to when i saw the name i knew that was it.

thanks again.

3.8 stars  omg  bad bad imdb lol.  hey what can i say i was a young boy at the time. walking into a room without the light on first was scarey.

LESTAT

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(Code-Red @ Jun 6 2005, 08:56 PM)
I must have been about 4 or 5 when I saw them.

neither one is ringing a bell but what year was that when you saw them ?

Code-Red

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »

1989 or 1990. One of those dates.

DjO

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »

anyone remember a movie that was set in the future in space where this guy was a boxer of some sorts and he had to fight aliens.  I think the aliens lived among the humans.  I don't remember much else except that there was a handicap system in the form or a red or blue light.  

I remember this movie from over 10 years ago or so but have never remembered the name.

*edit* I don't remember any actors names *edit*

This post has been edited by DjO: Jun 8 2005, 06:33 AM

Ween311

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 11:41:00 AM »

1. This was a mech warrior or macross style movie, except with live actors in it. I can remember they were working on one of the mechs, and they went out to fight, and a mech got thrown in the audience. That about all I can remember of that.

Robot Jox?

Movie Poster

Mick Garvey

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »

The was a movie I saw a long time ago about some scientisits who whent back in time somehow. They did it with this weird machien/vehicle that could bore into the ground. The funniest part was seeing the dinosaurs cause they were all rubbery.

And also there was always really corny but awsome music befor the T-rex came, very awsome movie and someone needs to help me remember cause I wanna see it again sad.gif. Thanks!  beerchug.gif

pepsik

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mick Garvey @ Jun 11 2005, 10:56 PM)
The was a movie I saw a long time ago about some scientisits who whent back in time somehow. They did it with this weird machien/vehicle that could bore into the ground. The funniest part was seeing the dinosaurs cause they were all rubbery.

And also there was always really corny but awsome music befor the T-rex came, very awsome movie and someone needs to help me remember cause I wanna see it again :(. Thanks!  :beer:

Sounds like journey to the center of the earth. It's been remade so many times I don't know which version you are talking about.

http://www.imdb.com/find?q=journey%20to%20...=on;nm=on;mx=20

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 09:05:00 AM »

hmm there was this movie I saw on TV when I was young... there was a bunch of high schoolers they had a big pickup truck and got lost in the woods... There was some shack there and a crazy guy who killed them off one by one. Probably early nineties. I keep thinking the name is "The Zero Boys" but it can't be because I can't find any move by that name  tongue.gif

vikod

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

there's this i saw quite sometime back n i need to get hold of the soundtrack of the movie desperately!! :uhh:

cant remember how the movie starts off but its bout this girl n her crazy guy friend studyin in school goin back to the girls village (farm house - country setup)...where the girl is set to get engaged to her childhood friend (who she no longer likes) so she cooks up a story sayin that she's engaged to this crazy guy friend of her's!!! ....this guy friend is upto all sorts of antics in the farm house (which is funny at  times!!) the 2nd half of the movie is set in the country side n the movie  has a gr8 country soundtrack!!!

anybody??? :uhh:  :uhh:  :uhh:

cheers
 :beer:

gcskate27

• Archived User
Name That Film
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 05:33:00 PM »

pauly shore's opus - Son-in-Law

This post has been edited by gcskate27: Jun 24 2005, 12:34 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5