xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fahrenheit 9/11  (Read 417 times)

Odb718

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« on: June 26, 2004, 01:20:00 AM »

I thought it was great. It shows alot of sides to the story and if your Republican, Democrat, or Green you need to see this movie. It shows just how and why we went to Iraq and started an illegal war. Scumbags!

Anyone who sees the movie will not vote for Bush. I feel sorry for the Christian Rupblicans who are going to vote for Bush over the one major reason.(abortion)
We ALL haven't been had, we've just been told that no one else knows the govenment is killing our troops to feed the W's greed.
I remember around four years ago when I met Ralph Nader and Michal Moore after a Patti Smith concert for the green party. I knew they were the type of people who I wanted to represent me. It's a shame I wont vote green this year because I have to make sure Bush is out of office.

I could go on and on about how George Bush is in buisness with Osama Bin Laden's Brother!!! or  how the only company to profit from the 9/11 attacks was a company the Bush's and Bin Laden's own stock in!!!! Or how they were in a meeting about how to make the company more money the morning of 9/11!!!!!!!!
But I'm tired and I'm sure other will.

and the patriot act just means I'm gonna get a vist for writing this.
To getting the fucker out of office.
beerchug.gif

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 08:13:00 AM »

I haven't seen it yet. I plan to, but I have made a pact with myself that I will disregard all information in it when considering the next election (not that I can vote in it anyway). The director...er...what's his name (sorry I just woke up) is outright anti-Bush. While I don't like Bush either, I'm sure such a movie could be made about almost any other politician.

xFusioNx

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »

It's not a movie is a DOCUMENTARY.

Oh and if you wanna know other tidbits that a two screening cant get you, read his books. They are the true insight into things because you get all the little tidbits you never knew about.

"Dude, Where's my country?" is a great one. I just finished it and I'm going to see Farenheit 9/11 tonight at 10pm

To Mike Moore and his huge cajones  beerchug.gif

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

It's not a documentary actually.  Read the dictionary.

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

I thought it was great. Very sad, though.

brahm2

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 02:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Jun 26 2004, 03:30 PM)
It's not a documentary actually.  Read the dictionary.

QUOTE (the dictionary)
n. doc·u·men·ta·ry
A work, such as a film or television program, presenting political, social, or historical subject matter in a factual and informative manner and often consisting of actual news films or interviews accompanied by narration.

I haven't seen this movie yet but I'm pretty sure it's a documentary. An extremely opinionated, Michael Moorish documentary, but a documentary nonetheless.

Ces2k3

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »

this movie will be a rip off from the real truth: 9\11 the road  to tyranny. if u havnt check it out please do so. most of this guys facts come right from this movie(911 the road "  ")

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »

Please keep an open mind.  You must understand this movie was intended to show moore's views mostly.  I have not seen it so I can not comment and I'm sure it has alot of shocking true information but information can be easily exaggerated.  It would be just as easy for somebody who is for the war to make a movie to make half of America agree with him.

I personally was never for the war but I know that all media (tv, movie, radio, newspaper, etc.) will always tell lies and stretch the truth and conveniently leave out what they don't want you to hear.  but again I didn't see it so I'll stop here.

Mr. Blonde

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 05:37:00 AM »

Just saw this great film this Saturday. I thought it was excellent and really puts a face to what has happened in this Country since 9/11. Everything from how Bush was elected to why we really invaded Iraq to how Bin Laden's family was flown out of the country the day after the attacks. Amazing groundbreaking stuff.

It's not the most even handed take on what happened in the time after 9/11 but I can almost guarentee that you will laugh your as off at some points and get a huge lump in your throat at others. I'm glad to see that someone had the guts to release this movie even when the powers that be didn't want it to be released. IMO this and Super Size Me are THE movies to go see this year.

"Fahrenheit 9/11"
http://entertainment...spx?news=162509

sulfur

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 08:10:00 AM »

bah, was there alot of clapping and cheering in your theater? anyone else have 5+ police there in the theater in case of riots?

hmm.. this was a great documentary, it explained alot of new stuff i didn't know about Bush. it was extremely opinionated, and it didn't sway my vote at all, I don't like Kerry, I don't like bush, So i'm gonna  waste  my vote on Nader!  laugh.gif  nah, i'm just undecided right now, i still support bush, but i'm having different feelings for him now.

Shoue

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 08:29:00 AM »

I feel sorry for the ChristiaRupblicans who are going to vote for Bush over the one major reason.(abortion)

I feel sorry for undecided voters voting for Kerry just because they listened to a couple of twisted facts and opinions presented by Micheal Moore   dry.gif.  I would like to see this "documentary" some time this week though.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2004, 08:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (Shoue @ Jun 28 2004, 12:29 PM)
a couple of twisted facts

watch the damn movie and do some research before you say that...  dry.gif

youll find its kinda hard and mostly unneccesary to 'twist' the facts he puts forth...  wink.gif

Shoue

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »

watch the damn movie and do some research before you say that... 

youll find its kinda hard and mostly unneccesary to 'twist' the facts he puts forth... 

well from what I have heard and read about the movie the basic facts themselves are not twisted, but he presents them in a very propagandaish way, which he has the right to since.. well its his movie.  But I was just saying in my post that people should not believe everything they hear from Micheal Moore (not the believing the U.S. government is any better)

lebriznon

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »

laugh.gif

also curious what nemt has to say about this if in fact he did see it  ph34r.gif

Drunken Uncle

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2004, 08:33:00 PM »

I was fucking stunned at Bushes reaction in the classroom when the first plane hits.

www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com
Pages: [1] 2