xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Trying To Decide On A New Car  (Read 2194 times)

lostboyz

• Archived User
Trying To Decide On A New Car
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »

Ive been reading a lot of reviews, and my dad should be able to score one so I can try it out before I order.

Is it going to be the fastest, best handling car? no. For ~$25k? maybe
With the way I drive will I actually get 30mpg? absolutely not

I am being realistic I think. Having the options to redline and get 300hp, or take it easy and get decent fuel economy is really what I am looking for. If after taking it for a spin and being anything like what reviews I have read, I think I'm going to order one.

Until then I have to suffer through a Mariner. Focus was up and no more big lease discounts on them since they are selling pretty well. I will miss that focus even knowing it was the european's retarded half brother.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »

Okay I got to try out the v6 today and I must say I'm sold. Going to give it the weekend to really decide but I should be ordering next week.

I had one question, and Twisted I might just end up sending you a PM...

Only performance option I was looking at was the 3.31 rear instead of the stock 2.73. Its about $400 add on and I'm not sure if its worth it. Both are LSD.

Otherwise I'm getting the v6 premium, kona blue, with the mustang collectors package (wheels, billet grille, and other random crap) should be around 25k with a-plan discount.

pictures of package (but in red)
http://z.about.com/d...ge-mustang2.jpg
http://z.about.com/d...ge-mustang3.jpg

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2010, 05:41:00 PM »

well i enjoy talking to myself in this thread, regardless I ordered it smile.gif

V6 Premium, Mustang collectors of america edition, 3.31:1 LSD rear diff. With A plan it came to just over 25k, which is about 3k below msrp and 1k below invoice

Now the dreaded 6-8 week wait, luckily it gets built about 20 min from my house so delivery time shouldn't be long. Will post pictures when it gets here

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »

sorry I never got back to you about the rear-end gears.

it's "worth" is really quite dependent on the gearing of the transmission and the powerband of the motor... when it comes down to it just driving it would let you know if it requires more aggressive gearing or not.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 02:48:00 PM »

no worries man, I got it anyway. It is still supposed to be built next week, though that might be delayed from that damn volcano causing part shortages. Pics will be up as soon as the keys are in my hand.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Apr 27 2010, 01:48 PM) View Post

no worries man, I got it anyway. It is still supposed to be built next week, though that might be delayed from that damn volcano causing part shortages. Pics will be up as soon as the keys are in my hand.

make sure they give you 2 keys with it, then buy a transonder blank on ebay (about 20 bucks) and make a 3rd, i learned that the hard way when i lost my spare key and had to pay 200 dollars for a new one

but if you have 2 keys you can program your own, so thats why i keep 3 now, so if i lose one i still have 2 and can do it myself

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »

Ya I was reading that, I could either spend $20 and get a regular extra key, or spend $50 and get a spiffy flip key.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »

you might like this: http://www.autoblog....coupe-and-370z/

really wish they added the V6 camaro to the list but great article non-the-less

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »

definitely a nice review, and as featured I agree with the comparison considering as tested the genesis coupe was 5k more than the mustang and Z was 9k more than it. It also sounds like you get some better suspension bits and better brakes on there and you have a real contender. That and this won't be a switch back bombing vehicle, its going to be a daily driver that given the opportunity can pull some punches

speaking of which it should be in my driveway tomorrow, ill post pictures when I get them
Pages: 1 2 [3]