xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New Car!  (Read 488 times)

lostboyz

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »

the didnt change the interior on the mustang until the current model since the mid 90s

lordvader129

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 05:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Feb 13 2009, 04:29 PM) View Post

the didnt change the interior on the mustang until the current model since the mid 90s

after some research i find it was the 94-98s that had the little door over the lighter (i thought it was 96-later)

i also though in 99 they switched to a double din radio bezel, but i guess that was later (i know 02s have them) so thats why i thought his was older

anyway, its a nice stang commandersafi smile.gif i wanted to get those same wheels for mine, lol

commandersafi

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Feb 13 2009, 02:49 PM) View Post

heh, i was off, the dash looks exactly like my 98 GT except mine has a little trapdoor over the cig lighter, i guessed yours was older because it didnt have the door, lol

of course now my car needs a new engine, so im debating getting a new engine (and potentially being in this position again in a year) or getting an 05 or 06 GT smile.gif

I'd say get the 06 GT. First because their record is really clean (the 05 had some problems with teh weather stripping and minor engine problems). And I think the S197 mustangs interior is so much nicer than the new edge mustangs.

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Feb 13 2009, 07:16 PM) View Post

after some research i find it was the 94-98s that had the little door over the lighter (i thought it was 96-later)

i also though in 99 they switched to a double din radio bezel, but i guess that was later (i know 02s have them) so thats why i thought his was older
anyway, its a nice stang commandersafi smile.gif i wanted to get those same wheels for mine, lol

Thanks. And i love the wheels too, I get compliments on them daily. The comment that comes up the most is "Daymn, those are some wide tires!" laugh.gif

commandersafi

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Feb 15 2009, 06:01 PM) View Post

Thanks for jacking my thread guys  tongue.gif

lol sorry 'bout that  laugh.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2009, 06:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Feb 15 2009, 04:01 PM) View Post

Thanks for jacking my thread guys  tongue.gif

So I've been lookin' around at flip-out single DIN units (since I guess we're at the consensus that my car doesn't have a true double DIN opening?).. so I was wondering what you guys thought of this.
It's $420, what do you guys think? The only thing I noticed about it was that it's RMS output is only 18w per channel  unsure.gif For an extra $200, you can get the same package, but it also includes their GPS module.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

that looks cool, same kind of setup i had been shopping for to use in my old car for a long time

i like the little input box so you can mount it somewhere handy

throwingks

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »

sicknasty413

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »

haha that's awesome.. I think I'd rather build my own setup though.

So yeah, I just drove back from my friend's house and was looking at the possibilities of a single DIN flip-out.. and I don't see it happening. If my current deck was replaced with a single DIN flip-out, it'd have to stick out at least 2in.. and that's just ugly. If it was possible to flip the black converter box thing so that the single DIN mounting area was at the bottom (oppose to the top, like it is now), it may be able to fit and open (in reference to height, but it'd still be cutting it close).. but like I said, the gear-shifter would totally be in the way of it opening.

So now I'm only seeing the possibility of somehow mounting a double DIN screen, if anything. The damn gear-shifter would still be in the 'viewing' way.

This is so troublesome. lol
Pages: 1 2 [3]