xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New Car!  (Read 486 times)

sicknasty413

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 10:30:00 PM »

I understand what you're all saying, but perhaps (just maybe) you guys are mistaken. Let me explain. That's obviously not the factory-installed dash that the car came with. So my theory is that the black plastic thing was used to convert the double din opening into a single one, so that the single din dash could be mounted. Perhaps (just maybe) this adapter is making you guys think that it is not double din. I don't know.. just thinking out loud.

I went out and measured the opening, sans the black adapter thing, and it measured to be 4in. Then I measured the opening, counting the black adapter thing, and it measured to be about 3.5in. So if a double din dash doesn't need a similar black adapter thing for mounting, then one should fit, but if it does need something like that, then I can see that it wouldn't fit.

But who knows. Like I said before, I'm car-illiterate. lol

lostboyz

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »

im assuming ubernewb knows what hes talking about since he is (or at least was) an installer

throwingks

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »

I don't know for sure, but it looks like a 1 1/2 to me.
http://www.amazon.co...N...me=&seller=

yaazz

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »

My suggestion if it turns out to be double din:
Put a 7 inch touch screen in the dash, make yourself a mobile car pc, mount it under the dash.
Fit PC with WIFI, GPS, DVD, and any other fancy shit you can think of
Awesomely pimping car stereo for cheap!

This is what I am doing for my next car....

sicknasty413

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 01:31:00 AM »

@ lordvader129- Yeah, I know they make those single DIN screens that flip out and such, I just thought "in-dash" referred to the screens that were completely.. you know.. in the dash. I'm probably completely wrong, but that's just what I always thought. I may end up going with single DIN screen like that though. We'll see.

@ yaazz- haha yeah, that's what I hope to do.. eventually. But I'll be going off to college soon, so idk if I want to bother (as I doubt I'll be taking my car). We'll see.

Dano2k0

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »

Don't know if youve seen mine or not, but its a motorised single din pioneer unit, has onboard GPS and ive got a 6 disk changer in the boot.

Please excuse the at this point in-progress work, the glovebox was out on the left at the time of pics.

(IMG:http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/Dano2k000/PICT2184.jpg)

(IMG:http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/Dano2k000/PICT2193.jpg)

A great unit, don't know how you'd get on with one in your car, i didn't take much notice of the dash.

Not a bad looking car either by the way.

sicknasty413

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2020, 04:23:00 PM »

That's a nice setup you have there. Hopefully I can get something similar. And I totally just freaked out, I was like, "Why the hell are there speedometers and other gauges and such on the right!?!?" Then I remembered you're not from the U.S. haha.

throwingks

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2020, 04:52:00 PM »

^ No, he just reversed the image. That is a Reenoip deck. They are really good.

lordvader129

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 04:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Feb 10 2009, 03:23 PM) View Post

That's a nice setup you have there. Hopefully I can get something similar. And I totally just freaked out, I was like, "Why the hell are there speedometers and other gauges and such on the right!?!?" Then I remembered you're not from the U.S. haha.

heh, i thought the same thing, when i read the part about his glovebox being i though "theres a dashboard in a glovebox..." then i came to a conclusion that made much more sense, lol

Dano2k0

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 04:42:00 AM »

Haha, yeah sorry really should have put in my post i'm from the UK so to excuse everything been on the other side of the car  tongue.gif

commandersafi

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 10:41:00 PM »

Heres my little setup...I like to keep things simple though, no touch screen headunits for me laugh.gif
IPB Image

lordvader129

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(commandersafi @ Feb 12 2009, 10:17 PM) View Post

Heres my little setup...I like to keep things simple though, no touch screen headunits for me laugh.gif
IPB Image

heh, wheres the audio cable going?

and what year is that (thinking 95ish?) and is it a GT? smile.gif

commandersafi

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Feb 13 2009, 12:36 AM) View Post

heh, wheres the audio cable going?

and what year is that (thinking 95ish?) and is it a GT? smile.gif

The audio cable is going to my center console for my ipod/iphone (usually i have my nano in there because thats my in car ipod, but sometimes i take it out to charge it and forget it so i use my iphone)
IPB Image

And its a '00. Not a GT, but it has a couple tricks up its sleeves biggrin.gif. And a nice BIG addition will be put on around summer time (that is of course if i dont decided to get rid of this car and upgrade to a GT...I'm kinda torn as to what i should do atm)
IPB Image

grim_d

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 07:47:00 AM »

^

ever been on busted?

car looks very much like some dude who gubbed some weed to try not get done.

laugh.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
New Car!
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 01:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(commandersafi @ Feb 12 2009, 11:02 PM) View Post

And its a '00. Not a GT, but it has a couple tricks up its sleeves biggrin.gif. And a nice BIG addition will be put on around summer time (that is of course if i dont decided to get rid of this car and upgrade to a GT...I'm kinda torn as to what i should do atm)

heh, i was off, the dash looks exactly like my 98 GT except mine has a little trapdoor over the cig lighter, i guessed yours was older because it didnt have the door, lol

of course now my car needs a new engine, so im debating getting a new engine (and potentially being in this position again in a year) or getting an 05 or 06 GT smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3