xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Got A New Car  (Read 341 times)

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Got A New Car
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »

i know an az front yard when i see one =)

bucko

• Recovered User
Got A New Car
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jan 27 2009, 08:26 PM) View Post

IPB Image

IPB Image
I am actually not sure. The 1.8SL has it, but the 1.8 has an ABS package upgrade. That is what I got. I would assume is has it, but I have not seen anything in writing.

I just read a study that says people with ABS get in just as many accidents because they drive more aggressively, thinking that the brakes will save them. Interesting.

Nice car but be careful with white paint a lot of white cars (the old rovers here for example) go a funny grey, I think if you don't clean it it affects it but I'm never sure why. Maybe the newer cars are better??

You don't need ABS, drums or pad brakes are fine part of my theory exam had a lot of questions regarding what to do without ABS so hopefully I will be ok if I do decide to get a car without ABS.

throwingks

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »

I am pretty good about keeping my stuff clean. But, in AZ we need light color cars or it just gets too hot. Plus, they are supposed to be easier to keep clean than dark cars. This thing is killing me though. Every time I drive it, I feel like I need to rub it down again. At least I will be really good at karate by the end of summer.

Some say I look a little like Ralph Macchio anyways. biggrin.gif

mysticrider92

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Jan 28 2009, 09:12 PM) View Post
You don't need ABS, drums or pad brakes are fine part of my theory exam had a lot of questions regarding what to do without ABS so hopefully I will be ok if I do decide to get a car without ABS.

Depends on the car, driver, conditions, etc.. My VW has drums with no ABS. The drums leave a lot to be desired, but I plan to upgrade to disks sometime in the future anyway.. On a heavier newer car that would be a daily driver, I might go with ABS, but I don't trust car electronics quite like I do mechanical linkages.

I'm not usually a fan of Japanese compacts, but the Versa actually doesn't look too bad. It would look a lot better with some different wheel choices and a little different exterior, but it does have a solid set of features at a price that is very hard to beat.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »

You can't buy a Versa around here. I was looking for a Versa, Honda Fit, Mazda 3, etc, etc. Dealers up this way don't carry them :shrug:

So I bought a GMC truck.
Pages: 1 [2]