xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Got A New Car  (Read 342 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« on: January 24, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »

I just paid off the '04 Camry, so in celebration, we just bought a new Nissan Versa 1.8s. I am 6'4 225lbs. but I fit just fine and there is plenty of room in the back for a car seat. After 8 hours at the dealer, I am happy with what I ended up with.

The most important features for me were ABS, 6 airbags, and tint. Got them all. Yeah!

/gloat

throwingks

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »

Ha, I am not in VA anymore.

The Versa is an 09. With the better interest rate, a new car ended up being cheaper than a used. Plus we get a better warranty. We like to drive cars till they die anyways, so this is going to be with us for a while.

throwingks

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »

Damnit! There is no ABS! They open in 1/2 hour, and I am pissed. I asked the salesman and the General Manager and they both assured me it did. We even have a signed paper saying it does.

There is no mention of ABS on the sticker, nor an ABS light on the dash. This is not the car we picked out. I am getting a different car or my money back. I didn't get a chance to finish signing the papers cause my son was getting tired. I am supposed to go back today anyways to finish the deal. Not happening with this car.

throwingks

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »

Well, after a bit of negotiating, or non-budging on my part, they claim I will have the car I agreed to at the price we agreed on this afternoon. We will see. rolleyes.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Got A New Car
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »

How does a newer car not come with abs?? I thought that was pretty much standard. Learn some thing new everyday.

throwingks

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »

Yeah, and yesterday, the salesman tried to convince me we didn't need it.

It is all worked out now, and they threw in LoJack for free. Well, they had to because the only car they could find that had our specs already had the LoJack installed.

We signed the new papers and we have the car we want... finally.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »

pics or it didnt happen

ya my first focus (from the accident) didnt have abs, the one i have now definitely does. I am getting an 09 coupe focus in a couple weeks, and that definitely will.

throwingks

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jan 26 2009, 11:20 PM) View Post
pics or it didnt happen
IPB Image
That is a pic of my ABS. laugh.gif I had to make sure.

I will definitely post more photos of the car tomorrow. My whole family wants some photos, so I have to get some up on my photoblog regardless. biggrin.gif

ya my first focus (from the accident) didnt have abs, the one i have now definitely does. I am getting an 09 coupe focus in a couple weeks, and that definitely will.
I had used a Focus for about a month when they 1st came out. It was actually quite fun to drive. It was a rental, so I could beat it up pretty good, and it handled it well.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »

ya, ill definitely make a post when i get it, it got built on the 22nd and should take a couple weeks to get to the dealership. the 09 coupes look pretty awesome

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Got A New Car
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 12:29:00 AM »

ABS is a must, safety is a priority for me when buying cars.  when i got in a wreck in my wrangler the abs was turned off (gutted from the jeep when i replaced those girly axles hehe) now i know why it had it in the first place. luckily i had my belt on, as always.  does your model have EBD ? (Electronic Brake-force Distribution )

throwingks

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 12:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jan 27 2009, 12:17 AM) View Post
I will definitely post more photos of the car tomorrow. My whole family wants some photos, so I have to get some up on my photoblog regardless. biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Jan 27 2009, 03:05 AM) View Post
ABS is a must, safety is a priority for me when buying cars.  when i got in a wreck in my wrangler the abs was turned off (gutted from the jeep when i replaced those girly axles hehe) now i know why it had it in the first place. luckily i had my belt on, as always.  does your model have EBD ? (Electronic Brake-force Distribution )

I am actually not sure. The 1.8SL has it, but the 1.8 has an ABS package upgrade. That is what I got. I would assume is has it, but I have not seen anything in writing.

I just read a study that says people with ABS get in just as many accidents because they drive more aggressively, thinking that the brakes will save them. Interesting.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 01:47:00 PM »

ABS is a cool technology but from a a tuner's perspective it's a total PAIN to work with... most people on 240sxONE.com who race actually seek out cars without ABS or remove/disable it if they buy one that has it.

older ABS are somewhat garbage though.

I personally like it... an ABS that is working properly wont kick-in until it's actually NEEDED... but I can understand why an amateur racer wouldn't want it on their car.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »

It will save your life in situations you cant control, but it gets in the way of the situations you can. Its a give and take

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Got A New Car
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »

nice cars and house brother! AZ, NM? i was about to buy a house just like that, new, but i found out the hoa would only let you plant certain flora and fauna in your yard. i put the brochure under my front tire, turned off TCS and turned it into confetti hehe

throwingks

• Archived User
Got A New Car
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »

Nice eye. We just moved to AZ 2 weeks ago. Specifically Gilbert, which is just South of Phoenix. We were out here a couple years ago and very happy to be back again.

I also looked and found out we do have EBD on the car.
Pages: [1] 2