xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Saw An Entire Car Accident Today.  (Read 201 times)

RiceCake

• Archived User
Saw An Entire Car Accident Today.
« on: September 18, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »

Well, had to post it somewhere, I was astonished. Normally you'd look up the second you hear the "crunch" but this time I was looking the perfect direction and saw it all unfold. I was at a 4 way intersection waiting at a red light. Traffic moving perpendicular to me is going maybe 70 km/h when I notice a car full of 20-22 year-old's roll past me in the left hand lane (left turn lane) and right into the intersection. New car too, black Honda Civic or something.

Despite their light being red, they went for a left turn, and the front clip of the car was promptly picked off by a Chevy Silverado coming from my left. The truck obviously won, the driver didn't lose control of his vehicle. The Honda ricochet back and ended up a few feet from my car. Bits of the cars bumper and plastic headlights actually landed on my hood. I couldn't believe how close I was to this scene.

I got out and headed to the car, the pickup truck driver had got out and run over. The driver had a cut on her head because the side-impact airbag broke her glasses, but other then that they were okay. Called the cops and whatnot...scolded drivers who stopped in the middle of the intersection to stare at us...

So yeah, if you're gonna drive don't be a moron. It's a little bit sobering how dangerous driving can be, since just being hit at 70km/h, the engine block was practically rubble in that car.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 03:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(RiceCake @ Sep 18 2008, 08:50 PM) View Post
I notice a car full of 20-22 year-old's roll past... The driver had a cut on her head

hmmm that explains it... women, esp in groups, cant drive... might sound sexist, but its true...

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »

A few years back at the end of the school year a friend of mine had packed up all his stuff in his mother's Neon They were at a 4-way at a red light, they waited, the light turned green, they pull out, and half way across the intersection a full sized truck blew right through the red and t-boned the passengers side of the Neon.

The air bag went off, shattered my friend's glasses and cut up his eye BAD, he couldn't see out of it for nearly 6 months and required a dozen or so surgeries on it.

Most accidents are caused by people just not paying attention  sleep.gif

RiceCake

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 12:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Sep 19 2008, 03:36 AM) View Post

hmmm that explains it... women, esp in groups, cant drive... might sound sexist, but its true...

Lol, yeah, when I first typed it I tried to avoid shouting that out. Car full of college chicks, I wasn't too impressed.

Most accidents are caused by people just not paying attention

Even when you are trying to be "alert" its amaizing how much your concentration can drift from whats really important. I have a friend who ran a red light once and we got pulled over. He said I was full of it, and that the cop was just pulling us over because we were teenagers.

I wish there was a red light camera on that intersection. Frame it as "a testament to human unreliability".

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 01:49:00 AM »

ya dude that sounds fucking hilarious, other peoples misfortunes and shit

Is it fun being an asshole?

RiceCake

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 12:33:00 AM »

Car accidents can be pretty serious. Puts a burden on insurance, people can get hurt, etc.
Don't get me wrong, it isn't something to laugh at. Its a real loss.

But at the same time I can't lie. If I see a real stupid fender-bender happen I chuckle.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »

while that might be true, when no one is hurt.

After my accident, and just this week two guys at my school died in an accident. It is no laughing matter, whatsoever.