xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Put A Deposit On A New Car Today  (Read 413 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
Put A Deposit On A New Car Today
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »

Looks like fun, but strangely futuristic (hope I'm not offending saying that) glad you got what you wanted.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »

knew you would get one of these man, nice one  pop.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 07:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Jul 18 2008, 12:27 PM) View Post

Looks like fun, but strangely futuristic (hope I'm not offending saying that) glad you got what you wanted.

laugh.gif on offense man... that's why I like it...

I like driving car that have unique qualities to them

I think if I drive around and turn heads in intrigue or share a wave of comradery with other drivers of the same make and model as I drive by... then that vehicle has something special and I want to be a part of it  biggrin.gif

I had that with the WRX for a short period of time (about 3 years past it's release it started getting picked up by alpha-male douchbags... no more comradery... no more appreciate looks by other motorists)
I had that with my lifted Toyota and I have that with my 240sx. I noticed Minis illicit a similar reaction, as do lifted jeeps.

Vehicross owners also share that kind of kinship, and the vehicle does tend to turn heads in wonder. happy.gif

despite their rarity I actually saw one on the road the other day out of state plates and kayaks strapped to the roof.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 07:21:00 PM »

I was talking about this car with a few friends and they all knew someone that wanted one and ended with a nissan xterra. A nice offroad 'toy' as my friend called it.

Enjoy it

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »

I brought it home on Sunday... and snapped some pictures:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

happy.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »

nice now get some mud on it biggrin.gif

mysticrider92

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »

Looking at the first through third picture, the front end almost looks beaver-like. Don't ask me why, that is just what it struck me as...

Cool car, very unique. I hadn't even heard of it until now.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 11:21:00 PM »

Registered it and got my vanity plate  wink.gif
Flushed the oil and replaced it with full synthetic
had the coolant flushed and replaced
lubed up all the joints in the drive train (pneumatic grease guns are awesome BTW  tongue.gif )
put in a new air filter

then today I spent a few hours resurfacing the headlights...

IPB Image
as you can see... they were pretty bad  rolleyes.gif

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 01:23:00 PM »

What did you resurface them with? I mean exactly what did you do? I want to know because I want to do mine on my car. They have that nasty yellowish look to them and I was wondering if there was way to clean them....

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 09:58:00 AM »

take 1000 grit sand paper dip it in water and then go to town on the headlight. make sure to keep it wet at all times.

it's easier if you remove the headlight but meh..

make sure you sand it evenly and use your hands and not a block... keep going until you can run your bare hand over it and not feel any imperfections.

The headlight should look "frosted" at this point, meaning you can tell it's been sanded but the yellow should be gone completely. Also there should be no variations... meaning one part shouldn't be "more frosted" than any other part...

once that's done go over it with some 2000 grit paper dipped in water and this will help smooth it out further. once you've gone over it it should be LESS frosted over all but still a little cloudy.

once that's done use "Blue Magic" headlight polishing compound, you can buy it at walmart or an autoparts store. Use it liberally and follow the directions on the bottle. you need a TREMENDOUS amount of elbow grease for this part... if you have a polishing ball you can put on a drill or something similar this will work really well.

the polishing compound works like wax but you really have to work it in. It will probably take 5 or 6 "coats" of the polishing compound to clear up what the sanding left. Once you're done the headlight will be a whole lot clearer.

You may need to repeat that whole process above 2 or 3 times to completely clear it up... If you did your job sanding initially though it can be done in one pass... I've done this on 4 cars at this point and it usually takes at least 2 rounds for me to completely clear up a headlight though.

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »

Alright.

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »

sick vehicle i've always liked those things

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2009, 02:52:00 PM »

I recently installed a video screen...

before you give me sh*t about the Jenson head unit... I bought it for three reasons
1. I needed a flip out screen because I want to install a backup camera (rear visibility in this thing blows)
2. my factory CD player would jam all the frigging time (a common problem with the VX)
3. it was dirt cheap ($200 from Amazon.)

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

kind of old but some other stuff I've done

slightly bigger tires (Nitto Terra Grapplers)
Clear Turn Signals and Smoked Side Markers...

I also treated the plastic cladding with a product from Germany called Refinish Restorer it looks good...

IPB Image
IPB Image
I mean just look at how much deeper and smoother the cladding is compared to the earlier pictures it's still that deep and clear and it's been over 6 months since I treated it... pretty happy with the stuff.

hmm.... I should put some spacers on the back wheels... widen the stance a bit  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2]