xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Put A Deposit On A New Car Today  (Read 412 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Put A Deposit On A New Car Today
« on: July 14, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »

As some of you know I've been looking for a 4x4 to replace my Tacoma since Toyota bought it back from me due to frame rust. I've had an add in Craigslist for a while just looking for a "reliable 4x4" including some of the features I was looking for and some suggestions. I got a few really bad replies, typically people trying to sell enormous overpriced and incomplete Chevy Pickups, and a few really nice but way over priced Subarus.

Last week I got an email from a guy about an hours drive from me with a 1999 Isuzu VehiCross. Some of you may also remember I toyed with the idea of one of these before. Well I had seen one for sale a few months back but it was snatched up before I had a chance to look at it. This time I acted quickly, set a day to look at it and fired off a number of important questions.

IPB Image

On Sunday afternoon I went out to go look at it. It was the first time I'd ever even seen one up close, it was a LOT smaller than I thought it would be (which is good because I like small vehicles) maybe a little smaller than a Jeep wrangler. it was dirty from having sat under a tree on this guys lawn for a while but I could see that everything was in tip-top shape, not a spot of rust on it no damage. Opening the interior I was greeted with orange and black leather on the seats and doors, accented with carbon fiber. Just sitting in it I already loved the thing, it was amazingly comfortable. Driving it down the road was even better. The thing was impressively quick, and even better was that it was AMAZINGLY sure-footed... This truck seriously felt more planted than my S14. I was less than a mile down the road and I knew I HAD to have it...

I got back, made the guy an offer and gave him a deposit  biggrin.gif As part of the purchase agreement he's going to fix a few things for me, the brake rotors are a little warped, and the muffler had a leak. So I'll be picking it up in a couple of weeks once he's fixed them...

Honestly I can't wait... This will be my winter vehicle but I'm quite excited to have something that will be able to tackle off-road trails right out of the box too... check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVeZnRL80tE

I'm thinking of getting "WARTHOG" for the license plate... since it looks like one and the fact that the Vehicross was Isuzu's "Halo" vehicle (Halo vehicles are vehicles that test the waters with style and tech, typically rare and low production like Ford GT, Subaru SVX, or Plymouth Prowler)

Also on the ride home I saw this hilarious site:

IPB Image

Some old lady, stark white hair who didn't look a day younger than 93 climbed out of this bright red 3000GT with a enormous ricer wing pulling a boat about twice the size of the car. It's both awesome and sad at the same time.

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:28:00 PM »

Those are some cool little cars man. Congrats on getting one biggrin.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »

that is a nice rareand unique car you got. Here in SE Michigan you see every car and I only knew one person that had one. I know nothing about them, but good luck.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 06:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jul 15 2008, 01:15 AM) View Post

that is a nice rareand unique car you got. Here in SE Michigan you see every car and I only knew one person that had one. I know nothing about them, but good luck.

For all intents and purposes, it's a loaded 2 door Trooper with a way better suspension and braking system.

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »

that is.... odd looking.
but congrats on finding something, sure youll enjoy it!

as for the gto... theyre sexy... i want one  biggrin.gif

VerbalVenom

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »

Ugly as shit, but on a side note i've never seen this vehicle before... Is this sold in the States?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(VerbalVenom @ Jul 15 2008, 02:33 PM) View Post

Ugly as shit, but on a side note i've never seen this vehicle before... Is this sold in the States?

pretty much ONLY in the States. they made ~150 in Japan and a few stragglers were shipped to mainland Europe.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 09:47:00 PM »

was sold for one model year iirc. Wikipedia probably has all your answers

I forgot about the trooper, that makes more sense. Should be a great toy and if you crash or bump itno one will know smile.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »

I'm so going to lift it on mud terrains and get WARTHOG on the license plate  muhaha.gif

IPB Image

gatorayde

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 10:30:00 PM »

Definately lift it. Otherwise it's just a smart car on steroids.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 07:32:00 AM »

LMAO this thing is so NOT fuel efficient... it get 15 city 19 highway  rolleyes.gif

it weighs nearly 4K lbs and uses 3.5L V6 and low gearing...

I suppose that's a good excuse to swap the engine out for an LS1 with a 6-speed or something... I'd likely see a 50% increase in MPG  laugh.gif

this isn't really a daily commuter though, I'll be using it in the winter and on the occasional off-road excursion. I drive my 240sx to work the other 3 seasons of the year and it gets ~26MPG on average.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 08:15:00 AM »

so I'm poking around http://vehicross.info the largest (and at this point only I think) vehicross community forum.

I notice one of the guys who's really into the VX community goes by "WormGod" I know the name sounds familiar and IT IS...

he's one of the artists for Bethesda (Oblivion, Fallout 3), Gary Noonan... laugh.gif

Apparently he liked the VX enough that after he was in an accident that totaled one he owned back in 2002 he bought another one and still drives it today pop.gif

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jul 16 2008, 12:41 AM) View Post

I'm so going to lift it on mud terrains and get WARTHOG on the license plate  muhaha.gif

IPB Image

Dont you mean Puma

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »

heh yeah...  laugh.gif

too obscure though.

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »

i think puma would be just as obscure as warthog...
but puma is better.
and funnier.
Pages: [1] 2