xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Toy To Mod  (Read 237 times)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
New Toy To Mod
« on: June 26, 2008, 09:04:00 AM »

Well, I finally got my dream car, a 2005 STi. Been working my butt off for this thing the last year. Just picked her up on Tuesday, been a blast so far. And this is by far the fastest car I've ever driven with my stock 99 Eclipse (non-turbo) being second, lol.  biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Will probably start modding it out in the next few months after I get used to driving it first  laugh.gif  I already have EM and will probably be getting a full TBE next.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
New Toy To Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »

What'd you get for EM?

I had a Cobb AccessPort for my 02 WRX Good cheap, easy to use and self programmable (not to mention oodles of shops that support it)
Though depending on your planned upgrade path I've heard STi folks swear by the Greddy E-Manage.

Also... a word of warning... I've never met an STi owner that wasn't a complete A-hole... I'm not sure if these people were A-holes before or after buying the car, and I know you weren't one before you bought it so just be careful that the car doesn't make you become one  laugh.gif

(in all seriousness though, my fiancee and I used to joke that the Subaru Dealership would to a test to ensure the buyer was a jackass before allowing them to sign anything  laugh.gif  this came after attending countless meets where you could pick out the STi owners in the group simply because they were the ones being the most douche-baggy)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
New Toy To Mod
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jun 26 2008, 04:02 PM) View Post

What'd you get for EM?

I had a Cobb AccessPort for my 02 WRX Good cheap, easy to use and self programmable (not to mention oodles of shops that support it)
Though depending on your planned upgrade path I've heard STi folks swear by the Greddy E-Manage.

Also... a word of warning... I've never met an STi owner that wasn't a complete A-hole... I'm not sure if these people were A-holes before or after buying the car, and I know you weren't one before you bought it so just be careful that the car doesn't make you become one  laugh.gif

(in all seriousness though, my fiancee and I used to joke that the Subaru Dealership would to a test to ensure the buyer was a jackass before allowing them to sign anything  laugh.gif  this came after attending countless meets where you could pick out the STi owners in the group simply because they were the ones being the most douche-baggy)

Yeah, I've got the Cobb AP, good guess, lol. It should be enough for me, I'll probably only build up to Stage 2 anyway. Car has way too much power for me already, can't even imagine what Stage 2 will be like. But I'll probably end up get used to it and want more power down the road, lol.

I've never met any STi owners yet, but I've seen plenty online. I definitely agree with you, most of them seem to have the "my car is better than yours" attitude and look down on any car that isn't superfast and/or expensive. I don't see myself ever getting that stuck up attitude, even in my Eclipse I never looked down on anyone. I always say I remember where I came from before I had that car, lol. I used to drive a 83 accord that was beat to hell and had 280k on it (died at 303k), it was seriously the ugliest car in my entire city at the time (Roanoke, VA). Hopefully I'll run into the cooler ones at any meets.

BTW I remember your WRX too, it was black IIRC. I've been keeping an eye on your Nissan project for a while. I've been temped to build a drift car for a while and probably would have if I didn't get the STi.

lostboyz

• Archived User
New Toy To Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »

please at least once take it on dirt, put it into its natural habitat.

I will own one some day, need to graduate first. If anyone wants to be on my crew I am definitely going to sponsor a rally-america team. smile.gif

Ive only met one STi owner before and he was borderline douchebag, he always talked about racing other douchebags (merc and bmw) on the highway and smoking them. So is bragging about beating other douchebags being a douchebag? Im not sure. He rallied it every once in awhile so he is cool in my book

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
New Toy To Mod
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jun 26 2008, 07:05 PM) View Post

So is bragging about beating other douchebags being a douchebag?

Yes it is... unless you mean phisically beating on one, then that is perfectly acceptable.

Dano2k0

• Archived User
New Toy To Mod
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 08:53:00 AM »

So you guys never talk about having had a quick sprint with others wether it be win or loose? Here in the UK people talk about that kind of stuff all the time, its always interesting to know what car has been quicker than what, if anyone knows what mods / engine its running etc and of course to grab a piece of the action from time to time is always down as good fun in my opinion.

I'd hardly say people start going round too often claiming they have the faster car than most others, most people are decent and don't tend to brag too much about how fast there car is, some just say what they have been up against and what the results have been.

Oh and cerealkillajme - Excellent car, love it! I hope its a good reliable car for you, and ive doubt its pretty fast. Looks to be in good condition aswell from the best you can tell from the photo. Don't forget to let us know what mods you do, and of course photos are always nice biggrin.gif

Cheers beerchug.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
New Toy To Mod
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »

remember you worked for it for the last year so don't be stupid and go and crash it laugh.gif, I wouldn't brag about it to much to be honest, you only end up getting it nicked from someone close to you, it's always the way.

Looks awesome though, I wouldn't increase the power to much or you will be paying a lot in fuel for that beast unless you do economical runs.

grim_d

• Archived User
New Toy To Mod
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Jun 29 2008, 06:47 PM) View Post

Looks awesome though, I wouldn't increase the power to much or you will be paying a lot in fuel for that beast unless you do economical runs.

well you wouldnt buy a car like that if you were perticularly worried about fuel costs.

sk8phreak88

• Archived User
New Toy To Mod
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Jun 29 2008, 01:09 PM) View Post

well you wouldnt buy a car like that if you were perticularly worried about fuel costs.

laugh.gif So, so true.

Nice car!

hamwbone

• Recovered User
New Toy To Mod
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 05:52:00 AM »

Wanna race?  ph34r.gif   muhaha.gif

IPB Image

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
New Toy To Mod
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Jun 26 2008, 06:58 PM) View Post
BTW I remember your WRX too, it was black IIRC. I've been keeping an eye on your Nissan project for a while. I've been temped to build a drift car for a while and probably would have if I didn't get the STi.

IPB Image
Cobb Stage 2 Tune (285bhp)
HKS Turbo Back Exhaust
Eibach Springs
Cobb Tuning Sway bars
STi Strut Tower Braces
Kartboy endlinks
Rota Torque wheels in Bronze
JDM Sti Grill
JUN eyelids

too much other crap to list...

I bought it the first year it was available in America... STi wasn't out yet or I would have bought one of those. When I grew bored of it and ran out of upgrade options (sort of a complete drive-line replacement) I considered getting an STi but it was too similar for me, even the Lancer EVO drove exactly the same as the WRX but with slightly different shaped trim  laugh.gif

I know so much crap about the Imprezas at this point... feel free to poll me if you ever need advice on your upgrade path. There's a guy who works at my local Autozone and owns a WRX he always has new questions for me whenever I stop in to get something  laugh.gif Even the guy who bought it from me emails me every so often asking if he should get part A or part B... it's kind of funny actually.

I wanted something more sportscar-ish in RWD so I bought the 240... I'm not building a drifter though, I'm upgrade goal is to make a nasty luxury sports car... something that can out run a vette, out handle a BMW, and out-luxury a Cadillac.  happy.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
New Toy To Mod
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »

good luck......

after watching top gear last night, looks like I might have to get an evo, the new impreza is somewhat disappointing. Maybe the next model will be better.