xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help With Cd Deck + Zune Setup  (Read 359 times)

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
Need Help With Cd Deck + Zune Setup
« on: April 15, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »

Alright, I have an Eclipse CD3200 as stated in the title.  It has USB but that won't work with the Zune because MS is stupid so I have to use the Auxiliary inputs.  The problem with them is that the CD deck doesn't control their volume (I don't know why...doesn't make sense to me) so I'm stuck using the Zune to control volume.  Even with it turned up all the way it's barely audible.  The whole reason I bought the CD deck was so I could use my Zune with it, and now that it doesn't work I'm pretty ticked off at the whole situation.  Anybody have any suggestions for some sortof amplifier I can use or something?

Thanks.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 09:36:00 PM »

I realise this isn't the ideal setup, but the Zune FM transmitter actually works quite well.

IPB Image

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »

Yeah I'm not a big fan of those FM transmitters.  I spent a good bit of money on my system so I could make use of surround sound and 320kbps bitrates.  With those FM transmitters I think you are limited to 192kbps at the best.  Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm still hoping for a higher quality option.

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »

Is it possible that you may have installed your CD deck incorrectly, or have the auxiliary cable not fully connected? Have you tried reverting your deck's equalizer settings back to their defaults?

Although it's a different brand, my friend uses a Pioneer deck to play his 30 GB Zune in his car, and there seems to be no problems with any quality or volume levels.

For me, I use a cassette adapter to play my 80 GB iPod in my car, and even though I generally keep the iPod at about half-volume, I can raise the volume on the cassette deck to make the music fairly loud.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 12:54:00 AM »

I know it's installed correctly because everything else works just fine, CD, bluetooth, whatever else all plays great through it.  I don't think there's any problem with the auxiliary wiring either...it's just 2 standard composite RCA audio plugs which I have a 1/8" to composite going to my Zune from.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 06:45:00 AM »

thats a toughie... the front aux jacks sometimes are usually not line level inputs. thats why the volume isnt adjusteable. its expecting a head phone input (like from a cheapie mp3 player) which is preamped from the zune. does your head unit have any line level inputs on the back of it that you could run a wire from the front to? you might be able to buy an adaptor to hook into the back where the XM goes (which is a line level in) from eclpise.  just some ideas!  

HamDUBYAbone

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »

Yeah it doesn't actually have a front line in, just the rear one which is for the HD Radio or Satellite Radio add on and also the Ipod adapter thing.  I think all those must have amplifiers built in or something.  I read something in the manual about the "auxiliary sensitivity" but I've tried it on low, medium, and high with no detectable difference in volume.

http://www.eclipse-w...tents/7649.html

There's a link to the manual.  Thanks for the help and suggestions so far guys, but I'm at a loss.  I can't figure out why this isn't working.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »

you could try using the alternative output available through the USB port:
CODE
Pin 01 - USB 5VDC(+) (common with Pins 2,3)
Pin 02 - 5VDC(+) (common with pins 1,3)
Pin 03 - 5VDC(+) (common with pins 1,2)
Pin 04 - Unknown (used on travel remote) 1.75 VDC (+)
Pin 05 - Unknown (used on travel remote) 1.75 VDC (+)
Pin 06 -
Pin 07 -
Pin 08 -
Pin 09 - Video (+)
Pin 10 -
Pin 11 -
Pin 12 -
Pin 13 - Audio L (+) (also audio on travel remote)
Pin 14 - Audio R (+) (Also audio on travel remote)
Pin 15 -
Pin 16 -
Pin 17 - Unknown (used on travel remote) these are likely our trigger
Pin 18 - Unknown (used on travel remote) these are likely our trigger
Pin 19 - Ground (common with Pins 22,23,24,and shield)
Pin 20 - USB Data (-)
Pin 21 - USB Data (+)
Pin 22 - USB Ground (common with Pins 19,23,24,and shield)
Pin 23 - Ground (common with Pins 22,19,24,and shield)
Pin 24 - Ground (common with Pins 22,23,19,and shield)

I believe it treats this audio port differently...

I really wish they'd just make simple interface that people can build off of, discrete pins to control the face buttons would be awesome, even a documented serial interface would be appreciated (this very well may be a serial interface but it's not documented)

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 10:50:00 AM »

quick question.. did you purchase the aux adapter cord? or are you trying to plug into the bus audio in (the input rca's already on the deck?)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »

I might be working on a serial based Zune -> iPod adapter cable allowing the Zune to work on any serial based iPod integration adapters.

MS made a "dual travel remote" for a while that was a wired remote that was wired into the bottom of the Zune, Radioshack was having a sale on the travel kit (which includes the remote among other things) for $30 so I picked one up... At some point when I have some time I'm going to crack it open and see what the data protocol looks like... the iPods is well documented but no one has done this with the Zune...

of course this new "copywrite cop" feature that MS is planning on adding might just convince me to get rid of my Zune and get an iPod instead...  dry.gif