xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: >>tutorial<< Atx Psu On Xbox Mobo For V1.0-v1.6  (Read 234 times)

Mark Morgan

• Archived User
>>tutorial<< Atx Psu On Xbox Mobo For V1.0-v1.6
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »

ill have some just as long as its either crown or becks...

Clubmed112

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(xman954 @ Jan 1 2006, 07:21 PM) View Post

resistors have no polarity (either way)

cheep resistors are fine (carbon film)
just make sure the 22 ohm is 1 watt or higher

at http://www.paradoxblue.ca
check over your circuit diagram, the xbox side orange 5VSB should got to the power supply 5VSB (purple ?)

QUOTE(blueinfinity @ Jan 1 2006, 08:06 PM) View Post

i dunno this is wut i was told by someone else. thats for the 1.6 psu

i know resistors ahve no polarity. i meant the transistor.

Ya, i told him something like this, but thats not what i meant, i was trying to say that make sure on the xbox side, the orange wire goes to the red wires on the atx side, seeing as there 5v and not 3.3v on the v1.6 xbox. Anyway, hows it comin blueinfinity?

Hey mark morgan, i got another prob man! lol, sorry, if you care, you can read about me bitching about it to myself, i basically went from asking about help on something, to whining about all the things that aren't working, lol, anyway, here u go: http://forums.xbox-s...=0#entry3161915

Mark Morgan

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2006, 01:52:00 AM »

these are for sale here
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=481935

-Mark Morgan

Tsanford_01

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »

Hi all,
      new guy here trying to contribute, hope this isn't a dead forgotten thread rolleyes.gif . I just wanted to post after building the circuit for the V1.6 and let all know that it will NOT work. The 5VSB on the ATX PS will not take the full 5V load of the xbox. So, I tried to put a blocking diode on it and connect it to the other ATX 5V wires(red), but no go. The diode and load of the xbox drags it down to <4V, and this is not enough to get it to fire up (no 3.3v on start pin with power button). I did get it to work...sort of by jamming on the ATX all the time. Turn on the ATX all the time (ATX pin 14 to ground). Connect all 5v outputs on ATX to 5v on Xbox. Connect all grounds on ATX to grounds on xbox. Connect ATX 12V to Xbox 12V. Connect ATX PwrOk to Xbox PwrOk. Leave xbox start unconnected. Leave ATX 5VSB disconnected. Leave ATX -5v, -12v & 3.3v disconnected. Thats it..No circuit. Bad part is ATX runs all the time, but the xbox acts normally, power button powers it on and off .. eject power up etc.
**Warning - Do not plug in the Power Supply while it is on...Use swith on ATX or unplug from 120v to turn off **
**Warning - Do not use the power switch on the ATX to turn Xbox off it could damage a transistor on the xbox always, power the xbox up and down normally with its power button. Once Xbox if powered down you can turn off ATX**
  No flames please, I know this is a rather crude mod. I will be working out the circuit to get the ATX to power on and off correctly. The circuit in this post for the V1.6 only provides a momentary grounding of the ATX Pwron pin when the power button on the xbox is pressed, so it turns right back off when you let go of the button. It will need a latch.
 Dang that was long winded..Hope it helps someone.

sann_1

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2007, 06:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tsanford_01 @ Mar 2 2007, 09:56 PM) View Post

Hi all,
      new guy here trying to contribute, hope this isn't a dead forgotten thread rolleyes.gif . I just wanted to post after building the circuit for the V1.6 and let all know that it will NOT work. The 5VSB on the ATX PS will not take the full 5V load of the xbox. So, I tried to put a blocking diode on it and connect it to the other ATX 5V wires(red), but no go. The diode and load of the xbox drags it down to <4V, and this is not enough to get it to fire up (no 3.3v on start pin with power button). I did get it to work...sort of by jamming on the ATX all the time. Turn on the ATX all the time (ATX pin 14 to ground). Connect all 5v outputs on ATX to 5v on Xbox. Connect all grounds on ATX to grounds on xbox. Connect ATX 12V to Xbox 12V. Connect ATX PwrOk to Xbox PwrOk. Leave xbox start unconnected. Leave ATX 5VSB disconnected. Leave ATX -5v, -12v & 3.3v disconnected. Thats it..No circuit. Bad part is ATX runs all the time, but the xbox acts normally, power button powers it on and off .. eject power up etc.
**Warning - Do not plug in the Power Supply while it is on...Use swith on ATX or unplug from 120v to turn off **
**Warning - Do not use the power switch on the ATX to turn Xbox off it could damage a transistor on the xbox always, power the xbox up and down normally with its power button. Once Xbox if powered down you can turn off ATX**
  No flames please, I know this is a rather crude mod. I will be working out the circuit to get the ATX to power on and off correctly. The circuit in this post for the V1.6 only provides a momentary grounding of the ATX Pwron pin when the power button on the xbox is pressed, so it turns right back off when you let go of the button. It will need a latch.
 Dang that was long winded..Hope it helps someone.

Any updates...me also stuck with not able to get the 3.3V PWRON signal as i split the 5V stby from ATX to the 4 xbox 5V stby

sann_1

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 02:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(sann_1 @ Mar 5 2007, 10:03 PM) View Post

Any updates...me also stuck with not able to get the 3.3V PWRON signal as i split the 5V stby from ATX to the 4 xbox 5V stby

???

Tsanford_01

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »

Sorry for the delay in response...I got that box working as I described above .. Then promptly fragged it with a softmod error sad.gif. I did want to post another warning if you do use the wiring method I described.

***WARNING YOU MUST ALWAYS TURN OFF THE ATX AFTER YOU POWER OFF YOUR BOX OR IT WILL DIE***

No, I didn't kill mine as I was only using this setup for bench work, but did notice as I was working that when you power off the xbox since there is no signal to turn off ATX the processor seems to still run, but the fan and everything else turns off. I have no doubt if one was left in this state it would soon badly over heat. Mine started heating up pretty quickly on the bench ..In a box it could get ugly.

Now that I finally got the HD rebuilt and the system working again I will look into the ATX PS a little farther.

ustek

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »

Hi to all!
My XBOX's went dead when I replaced a bad HDD.
It seems there was no workable solution so I've made up my mind to do it myself.
I've made my mind to find a solution.

PART 1
I have  XBOX Ver. 1.6 with TUSCANY PS.
The PS turned out working, but a kind of wierd.
The 5VSB was floating when there was no load, but under load it was +5VDC as expected.
Further, I found that 5VSB and 5V ouputs are separated with a FET.
The FET was OK. I tested all component on the TS's board except the main PWM
IC. Seemingly it was bad.
===
But, what was good that ALL PS's voltages as well as the connector (Molex 20pin) were easily available from
ATX power supplies! I have quite a few of them.
I removed the original PS and connected 2 ATX power supplies to my XBOX
to simulate 5VSB and the rest of the voltages and controls independently and separatly.
My XBOX was working except that I have to make a lot of consecutive connections to follow the
original PS' logic, made a new wiring harness and other modifications to meet the load max.
The box was up and running except for a hardly visible color distortions on TV, low level sound and rotating fan when power on button was depressed to power off the unit. I will resolve these issues in the folloing parts if anyone has interest.
Please post your comments.
Pages: 1 2 [3]