xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1998 Chevy Lumina  (Read 103 times)

1nsan3

• Archived User
1998 Chevy Lumina
« on: May 03, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »

Alrighty,

My wife has a 1998 CHev lumina. Well the brake lights work, but only if ya pull on the blinker stick on the steering coloumn. So what i did as a temporary fix, ( the part costs about $100 NO INSTALL ) was wire from the cyclopse ( red light in the back window for those who dont know lol ) down to each light. 1 wire to each. 1 bulb each so i did already test to see which is the brake wire and which is the running light wire. all works well except when i turn on the turn signal, it works, untill i press on the brakes. the turn signal stops. let off the brakes it works again.

My guess is its because he cyclops dont have blinker bulbs, since all my other back bulbs are good. but it may be something else want to know what anyone thinks if at all..

Thanks

1nsan3

• Archived User
1998 Chevy Lumina
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »

Ahh i see,
well its easier to pay for the part in the steering coloumn and install fee, rather than mickey mouse the WHOLE thing up with different modules etc. this is just a temporary fix, until we can gather up the correct change lol.

Just had a brand new motor put in. thats the only work this car has seen. Never had an electrical problem before this.

But the blinkers work when the brake is not engadged, its better this or no brake lights at all.