xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 286 times)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« on: March 15, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »

My bank account can't handle this crap. Tell me why I shouldn't buy this.

http://www.teamswift...pic.php?t=31096

ubernewb

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 01:22:00 AM »

cuz it's a goofy little rust bucket with 140,000 miles on it? wait, that's exactly why i WOULD buy it...

but seriously, would you even drive it? i know little turbo cars are fun, but what use could you possibly get out of the thing? if your only answer is "it would be fun" then just walk away..

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 07:20:00 AM »

The answer would probably be fun............

But then again I don't own a practical vehicle. I own a gas guzzling car, a gas guzzling conversion van, a gas friendly bike that I can ride on the nice days, when I don't have to carry something for the 4 months out of the year one can ride a bike. All said and done the Sprint could turn out to be the most reasonable vehicle I owned were I to buy it. He sent me a plethora of pics last eve. It's in decent shape for what it is.

I don't know. It's a beat up rust bucket. It's missing the back of the rear seats. It smells of mildew. The hood latch button is gone and it needs an ignition. All that said it's in better condition than the one I owned a few years back. And I'd be hard pressed to tell anyone that the last Sprint wasn't my favorite car to drive.

I could drive this thing to work every day to save on gas over the van. I could go to the store with it. I don't know. I'm all over the place on this one. I don't really NEED another car. I just REALLY WANT this one.

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Mar 16 2007, 06:27 AM) View Post

The answer would probably be fun............

But then again I don't own a practical vehicle. I own a gas guzzling car, a gas guzzling conversion van, a gas friendly bike that I can ride on the nice days, when I don't have to carry something for the 4 months out of the year one can ride a bike. All said and done the Sprint could turn out to be the most reasonable vehicle I owned were I to buy it. He sent me a plethora of pics last eve. It's in decent shape for what it is.

I don't know. It's a beat up rust bucket. It's missing the back of the rear seats. It smells of mildew. The hood latch button is gone and it needs an ignition. All that said it's in better condition than the one I owned a few years back. And I'd be hard pressed to tell anyone that the last Sprint wasn't my favorite car to drive.

I could drive this thing to work every day to save on gas over the van. I could go to the store with it. I don't know. I'm all over the place on this one. I don't really NEED another car. I just REALLY WANT this one.

I say GET IT! it's only 750$ who knows it could save you a lot in gas and make for some fun times

only thing i dont like I wouldnt like is the Mildew smell huh.gif

ubernewb

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 11:01:00 PM »

i say get it as well.. i just tried to come up with something piddly just cuz you asked. hahahahaha

but have you thought of what it's gonna take to get the thing back to decent shape? i just picked up an older integra as a fun little project car, but i also knew full well what it would take to get it back into shape. have you done the same?

or do you even care?

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(ubernewb @ Mar 17 2007, 06:08 AM) View Post

i say get it as well.. i just tried to come up with something piddly just cuz you asked. hahahahaha

but have you thought of what it's gonna take to get the thing back to decent shape? i just picked up an older integra as a fun little project car, but i also knew full well what it would take to get it back into shape. have you done the same?

or do you even care?

Im walking away from this one. I want it bad. But I'd rather buy something else I suppose. The GFs looking for a bike, and maybe Id be better off investing in something like that. It would make her happy. And she could use a vehicle. As it stands she keeps taking my camaro when I leave it at home  dry.gif   If she had something of her own, then it would stop that. I called about a Buell Blast, but it was sold.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »

Damn, I would have bought that car, especially if you are mechanically inclined.  Turbo Sprints are very rare these days.  Hell if I lived closer I would ditch my Saturn and buy that instead.  Better gas mileage and more fun to drive.

ubernewb

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »

why not just make the saturn more fun to drive? i couldn't think of anything cooler than doing some sweet mad max mods like the pictures i put up.. hahaha

then i'd dress up like ol' mel and run my errands around town.. laugh.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Mar 20 2007, 02:00 AM) View Post

Damn, I would have bought that car, especially if you are mechanically inclined.  Turbo Sprints are very rare these days.  Hell if I lived closer I would ditch my Saturn and buy that instead.  Better gas mileage and more fun to drive.

Trust me, at this point I should have bought the Sprint. The GF wants a bike. Do you think the GF would ever DREAM about calling about any of the ones I find? NOOOO...... It's all good though, as I may sell my bike. I mentioned looking for a bike and before I could say for who a coworker jumped the gun assuming mine was for sale. "So what do you want for your bike? It's exactly what my GF is looking for" Maybe Ill just sell mine and buy a Busa or Suzuki TL.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 12:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(ubernewb @ Mar 20 2007, 04:31 AM) View Post

why not just make the saturn more fun to drive? i couldn't think of anything cooler than doing some sweet mad max mods like the pictures i put up.. hahaha

then i'd dress up like ol' mel and run my errands around town.. laugh.gif

You're kidding, right?  Since my POS Saturn is really a sore subject for me right now, I will post why I WON'T be doing it.

1. I drive a Saturn SL2 with an automatic transmission which is the most gutless vehicle I have ever owned/driven.  The DOHC 1.9L engine is the "big bad" engine that Saturn offers in the SC and SL models and that is what I have in my car.  Even my old Dodge Colt with a non-fuel injected 1.5L engine and a 4 speed tranny could run circles around this thing.  

2. It has been every bit as unreliable as my RX-7 (if not more so).  I bought the car a year ago this month.  Here is what I have had to do to it over the last year to keep it on the road:

Replaced the #2 rod bearing (essentially a minor engine rebuild)
Replaced the bushings/rear sway bar
Replaced the thermostat
Replaced one of the bearings around the timing belt
Replaced the water pump

Here is what still needs to be done to the vehicle:

Replace left transaxle seal
Replace muffler

Furthermore, over the last month or so I have noticed that the car is using a rediculous amount of oil.  Usually I go between oil changes with no problems but about 3 weeks ago the SOB was really low and so I dumped two and a half quarts of oil into it and felt that I was good to go.  About a week later I see the dreaded oil indicator pop on.  I quickly check and see that my oil is below the low marker.  Where the fuck those two and half quarts went, I have no idea.  Either way I dumped in a little more oil to hold me over for a couple of days until I could get the oil changed.  The oil was changed yesterday and so far it seems to be holding okay but we will have to see.  Either way there are indications that the engine is starting to use oil and that is a nightmare that I will NOT go through again.  

Bottom line I will NEVER own another Saturn as long as I live.  They are great cars up to about 100K miles, no promises after that.  As a result of all of this, I am now looking for a new car since I need a reliable commuter vehicle and I am sick and tired of having a peice of junk that always ends up in the shop.  

End of rant. wink.gif

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »

Oh yeah, also forgot about the following:

About 1 in every 10 times I try to start it the key won't go into the ignition and I have to play around with it for a bit before it will finally go in.  So chances are the whole ignition mechanism will have to be replaced.
The transmission is starting to show it's age

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Mar 16 2007, 03:43 AM) View Post

My bank account can't handle this crap.

At this point, it's just getting some pics up. Dear lord I need therapy.

ubernewb

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Mar 27 2007, 11:52 PM) View Post

You're kidding, right?  

uhm.. yeah, it was a joke. i posted up some pics not too long ago of the retardedly modified saturn (big tractor rear tires, flat black paint, etc) .. i was jokingly suggesting you do something similar with yours..

i would NEVER suggest that someone should attempt to "fix up" a saturn.. they are well known for their crap 100k lifespan, and for that reason would never have a place in my driveway. any friend of mine that has ever owned one has been horrendously ridiculed for it

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »

Well the gas mileage is almost as good as a Sprints. And I think it's as fast.....

IPB Image

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Thoughts?
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 12:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(ubernewb @ Mar 29 2007, 02:33 AM) View Post

uhm.. yeah, it was a joke. i posted up some pics not too long ago of the retardedly modified saturn (big tractor rear tires, flat black paint, etc) .. i was jokingly suggesting you do something similar with yours..

i would NEVER suggest that someone should attempt to "fix up" a saturn.. they are well known for their crap 100k lifespan, and for that reason would never have a place in my driveway. any friend of mine that has ever owned one has been horrendously ridiculed for it

Ah, okay.  I was trying to remember who the Saturn nut was around here (If memory serves me correctly, it is Granulated).  I got you guys confused momentarily as he has been trying to convince me that Saturns are decent cars that can be fun.  I'll bet you he wouldn't be saying that if we swapped cars. wink.gif
Pages: [1] 2