xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: System Pics  (Read 241 times)

ubernewb

• Archived User
System Pics
« on: February 21, 2007, 11:28:00 PM »

so yeah, i know some people here must have systems in their cars.. well here's the thread to show them off. gotta admit though.. i don't have one myself yet. just picked up an 89 integra and i'm still going thru the design stage. as soon as i get a good idea of what i'm going after, i'll keep you guys posted.

in the meantime, i'll show you how i rock at work every day.. lol

IPB Image

and yes.. that's 100% functional!

lostboyz

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 11:49:00 PM »

beautiful, I always wanted a kickass car audio in my toolbox

I just decided to get some mtx loudspeakers instead, two 12" mtx subs so its not far from it

CJLee89

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(ubernewb @ Feb 22 2007, 01:35 AM) View Post

so yeah, i know some people here must have systems in their cars.. well here's the thread to show them off. gotta admit though.. i don't have one myself yet. just picked up an 89 integra and i'm still going thru the design stage. as soon as i get a good idea of what i'm going after, i'll keep you guys posted.

in the meantime, i'll show you how i rock at work every day.. lol

IPB Image

and yes.. that's 100% functional!

is that an eclipse deck?

and wouldnt that sound worse than a license plate on a back of a car? (i mean if it doesnt have a license plate kit on it.)

ubernewb

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »

what can i say? downtime gets plenty boring... hahaha

the deck's a pioneer premier dehp770mp that i had lying around. the internal amp went bad so i hooked up an extra toyota factory amp to it. the amp is pretty tiny and sits in the drawer behind the deck, along with a pioneer ipod adapter. the ipod adapter was modded tho so i could still control it from the ipod itself.. the pioneer controls suck teh_ballz.. (pretty easy mod if anyone here has one and wants to do it themselves)

the toyota amp powers some infinity reference 6012i 6 1/2's that i whipped up a couple fiberglass pods for. sub signal goes out to an alpine mrp-t220 amp which pushes about 125w rms to the sub, which is an old jl w0 that was collecting dust. took the bottom drawer out and built a quick box that would fill the area. airspace was spot on for the sub too, which was a nice bonus.

there's a rockford fosgate 1/2 farad cap as well, mounted on the back of the box with the amp and the 500w dynex pc psu. i gutted the psu and desoldered all the computer cables.. then i simply grounded the turn on lead and soldered 8 guage power and ground wire straight to the board. figure she's rated at 21a on the 12v rail.. more than enough for this simple setup.

all in all she does pretty well.. suprisingly, not a rattle out of the thing. the box itself is pretty sturdy, and i have all my drawers lined in carpet anyways. if i crank her up loud enough, my drawers turn into quite the unorganized mess inside. laugh.gif

kinda funny though, my toolbox sounds better than most cars i work on around here. wink.gif

next step will be my new side box which will house an old pc (running linux) in one of it's drawers. i've got a super slim keyboard that i'm going to inset in the worktop, and i'll have a plexi window that will fit over it to protect it when i need the space. a buddy of mine here at work likes it so much he's gonna donate a 17" lcd monitor so i can mount it without losing space. from there, i'm putting in a wireless pci card and hacking into bby's proxy so i can stream sat radio into the aux input on the deck.. pretty big project for purely shits and giggles, but hey.. it beats being bored, and when it's done i'll have pretty much the sweetest toolbox ever.

laugh.gif

jesterrace777

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »

Don't currently have much of a system in my car but here was the setup that I used to have when I had my RX-7:

Clarion Pro Audio DX-725 CD Deck:

IPB Image

Precision Power Power Class series PC2400 amp pushing 400 watts mono to my subs:

IPB Image

2 10" JL Audio W0 subs in a concealed custom sealed box in my rear hatch.  All blended in to keep "prying eyes" from seeing what I really had in my vehicle:

IPB Image

Also had JL 4" Full ranges in the front and Eclipse 6.5" Full ranges in the rear shock towers.

There are louder systems out there but few could match mine for clarity and accuracy. wink.gif

sk8phreak88

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »

Wow, I really like the box in that RX-7 I'll have to show my friend with his 7. He needs a way to hide it and that looks damn good!

jesterrace777

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »

Well, I personally can't take credit for building it, as I had my local specialty car stereo shop (Carphonics) build it for me and although you pay for it, they don't do anything half-assed.  They matched the carpet to my interior, put grill cloth over the subs (that is what the black portion in the center of the box is) and they cut it out perfectly to fit the contours of the rear of the RX-7.  They really exceeded my expectations with the design as people who rode in my car were absolutely dumbfounded when they had their faces pressed into the windshield by my subs and they couldn't figure out where all of the sound was coming from.  Most told were shocked and told me "I didn't even know you had a sound system in your car"  I would smile and say "That's the idea"

ndsbass

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »

This is my setup. IDK why my carpet looks so crappy in the pics, looks much better in real life
IPB Image
Headunit
IPB Image

Its not the most amazing design or look but it was my first time and I wanted to do it myself, so overall I'm very happy with it

Specs
- 0 gauge batt wire with main 200 amp fuse and then split into two 80 amp fuses, one of which is connected to cap, other to amp

-amp is Kenwood KAC-9152D, 900w RMS, 1800W peak

-cap is SPL 3.0 Farad (ya I know its overkill, but I got upgraded for free...)

-subs are 12 inch Pioneer TS-W306C, Each is 400w rms, 1000w peak

-head unit is power acoustik CD/DVD/MP3 with 3.5 in LCD

components are still stock and being run off the stock amp

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »

what vehicle is that?

ndsbass

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »

toyota celica gts

edit: were you thinking supra from my sig? unfortunately i don't own a supra, its just my favorite car

CJLee89

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 04:34:00 PM »

just a guess: toyota celica?

EDIT: YESSS! i was right. smile.gif

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »

A little ressurection with my setup: car is a little messy right now.

2 10" Alpine Type R's 1500Watts Each
IPB Image
1 JVC CS300.1 Amp 460Watts. So subs are way underpowered. But you can here it from a mile away. biggrin.gif
IPB Image
My baby: Pioneer DEH-P580MP. Pioneer Decks FTW! stay away from amps!
IPB Image

CJLee89

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »

is that 1500 watts RMS or maximum? maximum specs dont really mean anything.

also, not giving enough power to subs can damage them.

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »

1500 Watts Each=3000Watts Combined( which equals 1500RMS)

And not a lot of power wont damage them, people drive there subs all the time underpowered.

Upgrading later to a 3000W(1500RMS) 2 Channel Pyle amp. Ill post pics. in here as soon as i get it. Also got a new car. tongue.gif

CJLee89

• Archived User
System Pics
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »

Underpowering your speakers will cause them to pump out square waves. These square waves may not sound bad, but the speaker is working way to hard to pump them out and in the long run the speaker will be damaged.
Pages: [1] 2