xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Interior Neons  (Read 233 times)

woofis

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« on: February 18, 2007, 03:05:00 PM »

alright well, i was thinking about getting neons under my pedels and on the passenger side aswell. i went to a shop by my house and hes charging 40 bucks for a 12 inch tube. on ebay i can get 2 tubes for 20 bucks. however he charges 80 to install them. my question is, how hard is it to install these things cuz 80 bucks for a half hour job seems pricey. also ive heard red cold cathodes look pink. is this true?

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »

I dont know about automotive ones but when I installed some tubes in my computer it was just plug the converter into a 12v power source and tape/bolt/secure the physical CC tube wherever you need it to go.

As for red looking like pink, I know to some extent most of them do, but I'd bet the cheaper the tube the closer to pink it looks.

Also, have you considered just using LED's? I'd be willing to bed their power draw is less than CC (just a guess though).

woofis

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 07:11:00 AM »

well, ik i could just plug it in but i want it to look clean. the guy at the shop said he would wire another ciggerette lighter so that u cant see any wires. i might just have to pay the money for installation cuz im not trying to mess anything up. and as for neons,  i was thinking these since they  say deep red. hopefully they wont turn out pink. http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW
 or would you recommend these led tubes... http://cgi.ebay.com/...39358QQtcZphoto

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »

Well, with red LED's you probably have about as good a chance of getting ones that look pink as you do red, but I would think the power draw and strain on the battery (and alternator) to keep up with the CC wouldn't be as much as with the LED's.

woofis

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »

alright ill give it a shot....do you think any of those lights will turn out pink though? the ones pictured look red but idk

grim_d

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »

id go for the led bars.

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »

if you get 12v ones just hook it up to the cigarette light wires cause they're already 12v and fused, like someone else said but led bars would be cooler

Granulated

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »

Neons or cold cathodes are easier to install.  Just tuck em up under the dash somwhere and zip tie them to anything.  DO NOT PAY ANYONE to install them, that's embarrassing.  The CCFL tubes may look pink, but you're not looking at hte tubes, you want hte light off of the tubes....which is red.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »

Just felt like agreeing that a mod like this is FAR too simple to pay someone to do it for you. Maybe it takes you a little longer, but you learn something. And you've done it yourself, which really is what modding should be all about.

woofis

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »

see i want to do it by myself but im scared of messing up something. the only thing ive ever modded is an xbox. how would i go about rewiring the ciggerete lighter?

Granulated

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »

take the dash apart, so you can see the back of the cigarette lighter.  There will be two wires running to it.

Easiest way, just tap both wires, put a switch on one of them (preferrably +) and run those to the lights.  Badabing.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »

got a LED tailpipe to go along with those neons? LOL

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(SniperKilla @ Feb 21 2007, 03:14 AM) View Post

got a LED tailpipe to go along with those neons? LOL

Dont be that guy...... wink.gif

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Feb 20 2007, 09:17 PM) View Post

Dont be that guy...... wink.gif

... sorry.. just never got the point of ricers putting neons all through their interior.. must be hard to drive with the sun shining from under your dashboard smile.gif

Arjun

• Archived User
Interior Neons
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(SniperKilla @ Feb 21 2007, 06:22 PM) View Post

... sorry.. just never got the point of ricers putting neons all through their interior.. must be hard to drive with the sun shining from under your dashboard smile.gif

Meh, I could care less what people do to the inside of their car, just as long as I can't see it.
Pages: [1] 2