xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Finnally Got My Bike Done!  (Read 120 times)

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Finnally Got My Bike Done!
« on: February 14, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »

IPB Image

HOLY CRAP that took me way to long....

Anyways, its back together with a decent but cheap paint job (read: fancy primer) and runs. However, and maybe you guys can help me out here, after running for a minute or two (temperature doesn't seem to matter cause it did it cold and warm) it starts to smoke a bit out of the air intake tubes (its like a gray smoke) and has a semi strong burning smell.

Now, what I'm wondering, is this related to the fact that the bike really hasnt been run in about 6 months (since I wrecked it) and has been just sitting. I dont think its bad gas as any gas has been worked through it (you can see the gas can I filled up not 10 minutes before I took the picture).

Any ideas? I'd just run the thing for a while to see if whatever it is works its way out, but I"m fearful that I'll wind up breaking something and having to spend MORE to get it back running.

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »

looks nice, how and when did you wreck it?

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »

Bout six months ago, coming around a corner there was some gravel. Supprisingly the gravel didn't do me in, I swerved to avoid the gravel and by the time I realized I was out of road I was off it. Thankfully I was able to upright the bike and brake down to about 40 MPH before I went down, I walked away with no more than a slight limp and a sore shoulder. My bike didn't fare as well, but hopefully theres nothing mechanically wrong with it.

I getting a general concensus from other forums that its condensation from not running the bike. So tommorow I'll just let it run for a while and hope for the best >.<

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »

Better your bike than you. Im still in physical therapy for hurting my knee from my accident in August??
I'm hoping that by the time summer hits Ill have enough strength in it to be back on my bike.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »

I agree on the condensation angle... My poor 550cc has been sitting outside for the last few months and I need to start her back up too...

Your bike looks like a fun ride.  I'm waiting on the insurance company to settle on MY accident and replace my Suzuki 1200...

Looks like 2006 was a bad year for X-S riders...  mad.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Perplexer @ Feb 21 2007, 12:36 AM) View Post

Looks like 2006 was a bad year for X-S riders...  mad.gif

Quoted for the Truth