xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Custom Led Project And Need Help  (Read 138 times)

hellogoodbye2

• Archived User
Custom Led Project And Need Help
« on: January 31, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »

http://ww.sickmods.net
wire them in a parallel, hes got a thing on his site telling you how to do this. check resisitors im sure hes got ones for 12v.
buy 3mm leds they are 3.3v

Arjun

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »

Moving to automotive...

I don't think LEDs used on the xbox will be bright enough. You might want to move to Luxeon stars. Are the batteries 12v? You could just wire them up directly to it by using the calculator to find the proper resistor in the link provided above. Or now that I think about it you probably want it wired up to the original signals...find out what they output.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »

Hit me up on AIM @ Rylinkus13 at some point and I can help you out. (Not tonight tho tongue.gif ) Ive done this on a couple of bikes. It's not overly difficult. I can give you a few thoughts as I still need to add some LEDs to my bike as well. BTW, nice bike man. It's a shame your front blinkers are in the mirrors. Just my opinion.

Jimmah

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 03:00:00 AM »

Rylinkus: I'll hop on AIM some point this weekend and try and talk to you.

REDMODS: Those LEDs seem like good candidates but the only problem I see if how they mount which is a little unclear to me. I need these to go around the inside of the tube and I don't think they will with the square bottoms.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 04:19:00 PM »

Hey Jimmah, if you wind up doing this mod and getting rid of the old mirrors, let me know. I'll buy em off you.

As much as having integrated turn signals in the SRAD tubes is, blinkers on mirrors would be much better than the 3 and 1/2 inch poles that my current blinkers stick out on.