xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 09 Challenger And Camaro  (Read 88 times)

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« on: January 11, 2006, 09:05:00 AM »

Anyway here is the 09 Camaro

(IMG:http://automobilemag.com/auto_shows/naias_2006/0602_camaro_ofsk_02_900.jpg)
(IMG:http://automobilemag.com/auto_shows/naias_2006/0602_camaro_ofsk_01_900.jpg)
(IMG:http://automobilemag.com/auto_shows/naias_2006/0602_mjd_chevy_camaro_02_900.jpg)

Here is the 09 Challenger:
(IMG:http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-images/media/jan2chal1_1.jpg)
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/HerculesQEinstein/bilde.jpg)

What are your thoughts? Do you think we will actually see theses cars? How different will the final product be? Anyone else notice they both seem to be copying Ford?

This post has been edited by Hercules Q Einstein: Jan 11 2006, 09:06 PM

lordvader129

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

would be nice to see the camaro come back, it looks like a cross between a 06 mustang and an 06 charger, if it hits the market i think the final design might look alot like that, but tweaked a little bit to match the style trends 3 years from now

the challenger looks too retro, its basically a smoother version of the old ones, if that makes it to production i doubt it will look much like that

Granulated

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »

Of the two, I like the Challenger more, I think....the camaro is too blocky.  

I'm undecided on the Camaro, as to whether or not I like it.  It's up in the air.

I HATE THE INTERIOR, and the engine bay is weird, as well.

IPB Image

IPB Image

This thing is massive.  It's almost 80 inches wide, which rivals an H2, at 81.

I don't think we'll be seeing it in it's current form.  I've heard the dash is a common concept dash, and it will come out with a much more traditional one, which will help.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 11:20:00 PM »

I like the look of the second concept you posted, as far as a replica of the old looks. As far as copying Ford, they arent, the first car I remember seeing (and I could be wrong on the timeline here) was the Plymouth Prowler, then the PT Cruiser and then a whole flood of cars started to do the whole 'retro' look.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(thewickedjester @ Jan 14 2006, 06:51 AM) View Post

I like the look of the second concept you posted, as far as a replica of the old looks. As far as copying Ford, they arent, the first car I remember seeing (and I could be wrong on the timeline here) was the Plymouth Prowler, then the PT Cruiser and then a whole flood of cars started to do the whole 'retro' look.

I dont mean copying by just the retro looks. I mean those cars both look (atleast to me) quite abit like the new mustang.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hercules Q Einstein @ Jan 14 2006, 09:00 PM) View Post

I dont mean copying by just the retro looks. I mean those cars both look (atleast to me) quite abit like the new mustang.

Ill wager the mirrors on the Camaro will need to get bigger to meet DOT standards.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »

The Camero just reminds me alot of the newer Corvettes.  Yeah, they are both retrostyled but I have to say that I am impressed with the Charger.  First good looking charger since the early-mid 70s.  Yeah, maybe they kinda stole the retrofit design from the new Mustang, but then again Mustang stole the whole retro-fit idea from Chrysler.  Honestly retro-fitting is what has made the Chrysler corporation keep going for the last decade or so.
Thank heavens it's not like the 4-door POS that they released last year.  A horrible insult to the Charger line.

This post has been edited by jesterrace777: Jan 14 2006, 10:30 PM

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Jan 14 2006, 09:29 PM) View Post

Ill wager the mirrors on the Camaro will need to get bigger to meet DOT standards.

Yeah the camaro seems pretty much just what it is... a concept. I like it but i dont see it getting relased without huge changes (size, headlights, mirrors, etc). I was sad when i saw it becasue i want GM (i dont think its any secret that i like domestics better than imports) to do well but seeing this makes me think a new Camaro is even further off than 09.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Jan 14 2006, 04:00 PM) View Post

The Camero just reminds me alot of the newer Corvettes.  Yeah, they are both retrostyled but I have to say that I am impressed with the Charger.  First good looking charger since the early-mid 70s.  Yeah, maybe they kinda stole the retrofit design from the new Mustang, but then again Mustang stole the whole retro-fit idea from Chrysler.  Honestly retro-fitting is what has made the Chrysler corporation keep going for the last decade or so.
Thank heavens it's not like the 4-door POS that they released last year.  A horrible insult to the Charger line.

I dont know if I like it called the Charger, just doesnt have a Charger feel to it, but it certainly is a nice looking/performing car.

lordvader129

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 12:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Jan 14 2006, 03:00 PM) *

Yeah, maybe they kinda stole the retrofit design from the new Mustang

i feel its my duty to remind everyone of the 2001 thunderbird, AFAIK its the first car actually based on a previous year of the same model (plymouth prowler seemed more drag styled than retor to me, and pt cruiser wasnt based on any spcific older car as far as i see)

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/defaultdotxbe/2005-Ford-Thunderbird-50th-Annivers.jpg)

EDIT: changed pic to one of a more reasonable size

This post has been edited by lordvader129: Jan 15 2006, 08:32 AM

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »

Yeah but the new thunderbird is ugly....

Granulated

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »

I liked it...but holy smokes, it really dissappeared after it launched.  Completely forgot about it until now.

lordvader129

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Granulated @ Jan 15 2006, 02:42 PM) View Post

I liked it...but holy smokes, it really dissappeared after it launched.  Completely forgot about it until now.

they only made them for 5 years (01-05) suppsoedly they sold alot of them, but i guess mainly to collectors who dont drive them, so you dont see them much

ishada

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »

The whole reason companies are doing this sort of thing is to combat the importers. GM in particular is going down the shit hole and toyota is kicking its ass. not without reason though they make good trophy trucks.... smile.gif
  Besides, I dont think going back and redesigning a car from earlier in time is really copying anyone. I dont like the gto, mostly because it looks nothing like the old one and they lack (drum roll) THE JUDGE PACKAGE. I think its cool. Now what kind of powerplants are going into those.hopefully something like the ls1 in the camaro.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
09 Challenger And Camaro
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

The new GTO is a 6.0L V8 with ~400 hp. What's wrong with that? It's a VERY nice car aside from it's looks. Drive one and then argue that point. As a matter of fact I challenge anyone to find a better sports car for less money, that's still under warranty.

BTW, ishada, do me a favor and adjust your sig. Right now all the images are not stacked vertically, but horizinatlly, which frgis up my viewing of said thread. Thanks.  wink.gif