xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Truck Has Power But It Don't...  (Read 84 times)

Raggy_Roo1

• Archived User
My Truck Has Power But It Don't...
« on: July 31, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

uhh.gif Oh ya.. when i turn the key.. nothing works.. the tail lights and the dash lights don't turn on! and the car dose not turn over!

thesideinguy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »

1st off buy yourself a book on your truck. it will have a wire scematic in the back.
2nd if the engin was previosly fuel injected you need to change the distributer and intake. and you will need to get a new fuel pump because the one for an injected moter will flood and overflow your carb in about 5-10 seconds.  you shouldnt need to much wireing for a carberated truck. basicaly all you need to make sure thats wiered properly is your coil, starter, altinator, and you engein is grounded.

and check your fuse box for your lighting issues.

Raggy_Roo1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 07:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Raggy_Roo1 @ Jul 31 2005, 10:35 PM)
I have a 1988 blazer body, the motor i just rebuilt in from a 1985 the body was fuel injected, I am going carburated! The wires don't match at all.. I had a guy come over from across the street  he showed me what wire's goes where for the motor i have in there! But the thing that gets me is there is power in the truck only on the dome lite and in the glove compartment! but nothing else! Does anyone here know what my problem can be?  uhh.gif Oh ya.. when i turn the key.. nothing works.. the tail lights and the dash lights don't turn on! and the car dose not turn over!

thesideinguy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 09:02:00 AM »

you have to bypass your ignition in your stearing collum.
the computer isnt sensing a moter present so it thinks its not safe to engage.
also do you have a litle VAT chip on your key?

Raggy_Roo1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »

beerchug.gif   thanks for all your help.. Muchly appreitiated