xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1983 Camaro, Anyone Know About Them?  (Read 104 times)

Chance_P

• Archived User
1983 Camaro, Anyone Know About Them?
« on: June 17, 2005, 04:07:00 AM »

Today I just got my first car, its a 1983 Camaro. Silver and Black. I haven't looked at the car up close but my dad has and he said its a good car but a few things need to be done to it. New seal around the T tops, spot of rust behind drivers side door, new cam. It has a new transmission. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me some more information about this car or give me any helpful tips before I start to work on it. I know it has the Cross Fire injection or whatever it is called. I checked out a site a guy posted on here and it only showed one engine type that had the CFI injection:
user posted image

So anyone know anything about this car? I'm just looking for some basic info I need to know or any tips or even stories would be cool, thanks.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »

My advice would be look around cardomain.com

Chance_P

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »

alright thanks, but id rather have someones input here so if i had any questions later down the road i could always ask them.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 08:14:00 AM »

Looks like the CFI should be the 305 V8. I don't know much about CFI myself. Never have realy looked into a CFI Chevy. But I do know I just bought a Camaro Z28 a few months ago. And I've found www.z28.com to be an EXCELLENT forum in dealing with all Camaros. The guys there are super knowledgable and more importantly super helpful. Since Ive been a member Ive yet to see one flame thread. It's a very nice site. I gaurentee that would be a great place to check out and you'd easily get all your questions answered.

Chance_P

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Jun 18 2005, 10:25 AM)
Looks like the CFI should be the 305 V8. I don't know much about CFI myself. Never have realy looked into a CFI Chevy. But I do know I just bought a Camaro Z28 a few months ago. And I've found www.z28.com to be an EXCELLENT forum in dealing with all Camaros. The guys there are super knowledgable and more importantly super helpful. Since Ive been a member Ive yet to see one flame thread. It's a very nice site. I gaurentee that would be a great place to check out and you'd easily get all your questions answered.